1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bryant to Warrington?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Guest, May 14, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rumour listed on LU today.

Lets hope it is true and that he takes his mate Willo with him.

2. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Must have sent them his highlight reel, 40 replays of the one legged hit up against the Eels.

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    While he is at it take NBQ & Deadwood as well

4. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It was in Rugby League Week last week.

Basically said that Hicksy and Monas had been telling him it was a good club and that he might be squeezed out at the end of the year due to salary cap pressure. And given that he wouldn't likely find a place in any other NRL team...England is the best option.

Either way, it doesn't look like he will be at Manly next year.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,116 / 287
    I'd say Rose will be taking his spot when back to full health. Imagine props in Cuthbo and Rose on the bench who both have a wicked offload !! THAT'S what I call impact !! That said, if we are potentially losing Bell, Bryant & Beaver retires, how much serious salary cap pressure could there REALLY be?
    Also, Orford's price actually drops $50k odd in his last year + the cap goes up $100k.

Jezuz, we must be looking to buy Sonny Bill, Darren Lockyer & JT next year !

6. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    We might also need to pay the likes of Bani, Williams, hargreaves etc more in the coming years as well.  Either that or they have a 'blue chip' signing locked up already.

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    That'd be the first time Moanaghan has ever done Manly a favour.

8. The Wheel

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Very Funny Matabele - we did miss your wit & optimism while you were away

9. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    For all the flack he cops, he actually has pretty reasonable numbers

Mins 34.6 Runs 10.9 Metres 85.6 Tackles 16.3 Missed Tackles 1

10. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Bani is one who is due for a payrise.

On relative peanuts since he signed with Manly (and rightly so given he was completely unproven), but he's worth decent coin now. A proven try-scorer, quality athlete etc. He'd be mad to accept anything less than 150k, and his manager is pushing hard for something even higher.

11. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    [​IMG]

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    That's what I call poor lateral mobility and a defence ripe for carving up the middle if they are both in the ruck area. I think we can only afford to carry one of this style player.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While he is at it take NBQ & Deadwood as well
    [/quote]

And don't forget Robson.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is his stats for line breaks?  Nil because he will nevre break the line by running up and contunually turning his back on the defence.  He has got to learn to run betwen defenders.

15. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Where is his stats for line breaks?  Nil because he will nevre break the line by running up and contunually turning his back on the defence.  He has got to learn to run betwen defenders.
    [/quote]

0, the same number as King and Perry, and 1 less than Cuthbertson, Kite and Hall

16. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Not all players will break the line and be world beaters Tookey.  Bryant is ok in my view, generally does the job but I wont be upset seeing him go as we have others. 

17. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Bryant is just so-so and won't be missed.  Hall supplies just so much more grunt when he's on the park.  He's probably in line for an upgrade. 

18. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I won't join in with the knockers who put down Willo and Bryant. They are not flashy but work hard and complement the more fashionable players. With a salary cap you can't have a team full of stars unless you are a New Ltd team.