1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bryant talks with UK Super League

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Merc, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Merc

Merc Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Manly daily
    John Greco

http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/06/12/10561_sports.html

12 June 2008

CONSISTENT Manly forward Mark Bryant has confirmed he is likely to leave the club and head overseas at the end of the 2008 season.

The off-contract forward has held preliminary talks with Sea Eagles management about a new deal but it's understood salary cap restrictions are likely to see the 27-year-old head to England next year.

Bryant said he would love to continue with the Sea Eagles beyond this year but admitted the time could be right for a move.

"I've always wanted to play in England and it would be a great time to go over," the Cootamundra junior told the Manly Daily yesterday from the Sea Eagles team camp in Kiama.

"I'm 27 now and I don't want to leave it too late I've travelled over there with my wife before and want to go back.

"Experiencing the Super League is something that's very appealing.

"Nothing's confirmed yet but the club is struggling salary cap wise so it's a good option.

"It would be disappointing to move on but it's one of those things in footy."

Bryant and manager Jim Banaghan are currently negotiating with a number of Super League clubs but it's believed Warrington is leading the race for his signature.

"I've had a chat to Monners (Michael Monaghan) and Hicksy (Chris Hicks) about (playing there)," Bryant said.

"That's definitely an option but I'm also talking to a few other clubs.

"I'm not ruling anything out."

Bryant has developed from fringe first grader to a solid NRL performer in his three-and-a half seasons at Brookvale.

He has managed to play in almost every match over the past two seasons despite being in a Sea Eagles pack that boasts representative forwards like Brent Kite, Jason King, Anthony Watmough and more recently Josh Perry. Bryant said he was desperate to leave the club on a high.

"What happened last year still hurts," he said.

Oh well.....

Merc

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 285
    He's a worker like Willow - and he has heart. I'll miss the big fella.

Hopefully that means Hall will play more 1st grade.

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I hope he takes Willo with him to the UK.

However I reckon Willo has improved his attack slightly since last season

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177643.msg186826#msg186826 date=1213247992]
    I hope he takes Willo with him to the UK.

However I reckon Willo has improved his attack slightly since last season
    [/quote)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I wonder if warrington will also take Deadwood, Robson and NBQ as well.

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Bryant was always crap.  The reversing into the opposition may be a novelty he could sell in ESL.  Des should now promote Hall.

6. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Piss off Bryant.  This is good news.  He won't be around for risk-averse Hasler to pick.

7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Yep. Disconcerting every time you would look at it. King was doing similar back a few years ago & then it disappeared out of his game (coached out, presumably)

8. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Reversing into the opposition is done by those who are trying to hit and spin but are too ****ing unco to get the timing right!!

9. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    or they're hoping Roberts is playing for the opposition.

10. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Matabele you seem to have a fascination with Ian Roberts of late - anything you want to tell us?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe matabele is the new Shane?  Or maybe he is the old Shane?