1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brown and Myles

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Budgewoi Eagle, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Here's what I don't get. The vast majority of bile directed toward a Manly player on this site goes to Lewis Brown.

I get that there were times when he wasn't stellar but he was the only player to play every game for us this year, he played in numerous positions and could not be faulted for effort one bit. He always seemed to put in 100% and playing so many positions is a big ask.

Meanwhile. Nate Myles seems to escape relatively easily. While I didn't think he was that great when he was on the field for us, I was seriously irked by the fact that he worked so hard to get his knee right for Origin but played very little for us around that period and thus, I would suggest, favoured Queensland over Manly.

They both came to the club at the same time and I would imagine that Myles is on many more dollars than Brown.

So, here's my question: if you could only keep one player from our squad out of Myles and Brown, who would you KEEP (going for the positive here!)?

My vote would be Brown.

• Agree Agree x 13
  2. Turbo1

Turbo1 Scott Penn is a **** head

Ratings:
    +718 / 156
    Brown, he has more value for money. Can play utility very well, he's the best utility player. Myles is on 1/2 a million and has done nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Mac Man

Mac Man Active Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 4
    Didnt Myles paint Dubbo Brown?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SeaEagle9413

SeaEagle9413 Forward Pass

Ratings:
    +348 / 60
    I would keep Brown. He played really well at hooker last night for the kiwis. I reckon give him a shot at hooker for round 1 next year. He might surprise us all. Parcell can come of the bench when Brown needs a rest.

However, this could be a case similar to Myles. Brown could favour NZ over Manly... Who knows?

5. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    Remembering the only reason Nate the freeloader Myles was signed was to retain DCE. It had nothing to do with his ability or willingness to play.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ricardo

ricardo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 69
    Brown is a decent hooker, a serviceable second row and an ok defensive centre. He is perfect at 14. Myles is a solid defensive prop. I've seen him tackle three times a set a few times. I don't get the hate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,741 / 257
    Brown is a fair utility to have on the bench, the 17th man who would be a fill in across many positions.

Very few players can do that!

Myles, well who knows maybe Bozo might put a rocket up his arse, but based on 2016 form he's a WOFTAM!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,109 / 287
    Nate Myles is possibly the worst contract we have signed for many, many years. Not just the dollars. The buy in - the bloke doesn't have one drop of Manly Sea eagles blood in his body.

He can pretend to "lead", talk bull****, throw cliche's out to the media all he likes. The fact that he's laughing directly after getting flogged by a team, then posts Bronco's Nation on his Twitter speaks volumes.

Myles to the team, is the @Blue pill to these boards. Just an absolute waste of space that should just **** right off back to another team in QLD somewhere.

Adds zero value, apart from SOO time, so he can selfishly play that. The stigma of him taking a dump in a hallway, to his renowned head butting in games - he tarnishes our brand.

Brown on the other hand, while having a bad season last season, does add value when used properly. If he comes off the bench next season, and slots into the backrow against tiring defenses, he should be ok.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,629 / 113
    Has Myles booked himself in for some off season surgery? He seemed to be carrying an injury. Perhaps he had it all year.

He wasn't up to origin this year either. He has consistently dominated and harassed the NSW pack for years prior, to the point Gallen got so frustrated he gave him a love tap.

I'd at least give Myles one more year to show his wears.

Brown, he's a hooker who can fill in at other places, but he just dosent fill in very well.

He brought zero to the table in our back row, Api would at least ball play and scheme running himself at lock. Jorge would run straight and hard. I feel both could offer more off the bench then Brown.

At Centre brown brought nothing in attack and was a repeated hand grabber in defence.

He may be a Jack of all trades, but he's a master of non. We have better options even now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Poo 1 and poo 2 Both need to be flushed

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,641 / 74
    Possibly similar to the 70s when we signed parra's Ray Higgs

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Brown wasn't too bad in last night's test in Perth in the time he got out there. IMO the Kiwis actually looked more dangerous when he was at hooker than when Luke was (yet in their infinite wisdom the boffins at RLW rated Brown a 4 while rating SKD a 5 when KD dropped more balls than a litter of puppies, but then these are the same clowns who didn't even include a rating for Valentine Holmes.....).

Brown's problem is that he's not a 2nd rower and he's not a centre, but we have 2 hookers who are better than him.

As for Myles, he is more an off-field leader than any good player. I mean, what did we really expect from him? His club form for the past 5-6 years has been living off his Origin reputation and that is exactly what he delivered at Manly this year, mediocre club form.

Personally if it were up to me neither would be at Manly in 2017.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. king2213

king2213 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    Jamie Buhrer Lewis Brown
    DOB 28/11/89 DOB 03/10/86
    HEIGHT 180CM HEIGHT 179CM
    POSITION BACKROW BACK ROW /HOOKER
    HOOKER
    SALARY 275K ??? SALARY TEST PLAYER $250K++

MINUTES PLAYED 1108 1466
    TRYS 3 2
    LINE BREAKS 6 2
    TRY ASSISTS 2 2
    TACKLES 536 380
    MISSED TACKLES 36 44
    ALL RUN METERS 1662 1313
    OFFLOADS 10 9
    TACKLE BREAKS 24 21
    ERRORS 5 8

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  14. Turbo1

Turbo1 Scott Penn is a **** head

Ratings:
    +718 / 156
    Haven't we been though this before. Buhrer and Lewis Brown play different positions.

15. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Do you have an actual comparison of when they both played 2nd row (which is the only position Ferris played in 2016)? Otherwise you might as well be comparing apples to oranges.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. king2213

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171

ignore Buhrer stats and focus on Lewis Brown

yes he is an okay hooker off the bench

he is a pathetic centre and back rower....

a REAL utility is Tyrone Peachey ... Lewis brown is a POOR utility than can play OKAY in the 9

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. king2213

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171

the comparison i remember with my memory when Lewis Brown was playing backrow is this

Lewis Brown arm grabbing and being man handled and playing poorly

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,177 / 59
    They're both **** and I'm embarrassed to have them playing for my team

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. king2213

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 171
    If Api and Parcell are fit ..... there is no room for Lewis Brown im sorry

and with love and support of Lewis Brown shown by Zorba

it looks like they will pick Brown over Parcel

and yes...... i am not convinced on Parcel but i have seen enough to prefer him over Lewis Brown

20. Shnorky

Shnorky Active Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 7
    If I was getting paid that much money to be that average at my job Id be very happy, both poo and plodder fit that category as far as Im concerned