Brookvale Oval redevelopment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wheel said:
Does any of our Football Club directors know what is being proposed?

The manly daily has the back page all on brooky.
Sorry I dont know how to post it here. If some one could, that would help for those out of town.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I really wish Hugh Jackman (who claims to be a Manly man) would bite the bullet and kick in $10 million or so to have Brooky re-developed.
:idea:
The northern stand could be the "Hugh Jackman Stand" , we wouldn't mind . . . . .

Come on Hugh !!, PUT UP. Show us the colour of your support. You could arrive into the ground on a flying fox upon completion if you wanna . . . :D

Would be nice if Sara O Murdoch being an Eagles Angel could have a word in her father in laws ear about some funding. Rumour has it he's not short of a quid or two. A big fan of the NRL as well.

Tibstar - apparently Hugh Jackman has been helping out behind the scenes, assisting in the organising of third party deals, to help retain some of our key players. I imagine that he doesn't want to make a big deal out of it. It has been mentioned on here previously.

The Club is on the right track here and Sibraa is right. The Club needs to request money for incremental improvements that don't scare anyone (holding the purse strings) off. Complete the majority of the current master plan improvements, including:

1. The eastern extension of the JT and Arko stands with 1400 new seats. The footings are already in place in front of the JT extension.

2. The planned new pathways, kiosks etc at the top of and behind the hills.

3. Complete the works behind the JT/Arko stands - with modifications for the this new centre of excellence. Whilst there at it, incorporate piers in the development that can support an eventual upper tier right along the JT stand.

4. A new playing surface and a new perimeter fence.

5. New perimeter seating right around the ground. Brookvale must be the only NRL ground (in regular use anyway) that still has bench seating.

6. Continue 'back of stand' improvements around to the Fulton-Menzies. That could mean replacing the old corporate boxes with new roomier ones that project out the back of the stand (much like the new facilities in the extended JT stand) and will also allow for a contemporary architectural treatment, and a more impressive one, facing Pittwater Road. The new boxes could be sited further back in the Stand to allow at least two, possibly three rows of seats to be reinstated. That's either 308 or 462 new undercover seats (depending on the number of rows) that could be reinstated. Include further improvements to toilets/kiosks beneath that stand.

7. Replace the northern hill with banked seating. That area might support as many as 1200 outdoor seats. Maybe more.

8. All the while, press the Council to go ahead with its approved plan to lease naming rights to Brookvale Oval. If done properly, who knows, they might be able to afford full-time ground staff again. But the Club needs to help out here. Perhaps a jointly funded ground staff arrangement?

9. When that's all done, you have the makings of a terrific home ground at an unexceptional cost (compared to building a baby Suncorp) that helps secure the Club's presence at Brookvale and serves as a platform for more dramatic improvements down the track.

The Wheel said:
Does any of our Football Club directors know what is being proposed?

As the article says, Kerry Sibraa (FC co-patron) is taking a very acive lead on this. During the recent series of community consultations he was supported by FC board members Philip Dean and Chris Jones who worked on our behalf with reps from the private owners and the local council.

Stay tuned, as things develop we'lll keep people updated on the situation and advise when and how they can help.

NRL Sea Eagles: Kerry Sibraa says the club won't quit Brookie
Rugby League

11 Jan 13 @ 04:21pm by Jon Geddes
SEA Eagles co-patron Kerry Sibraa has assured fans the club is not going to walk away from Brookvale Oval, its spiritual home on the northern beaches.

His blunt message came as he revealed the club was working on a plan to turn "the fortress" into a multi-use community facility.

"For example, we are looking at an educational centre of excellence," Sibraa told the Manly Daily.

That news came after Sibraa was part of a delegation, including Sea Eagles co-owner Scott Penn, Warringah mayor Michael Regan and St Augustine's College headmaster Tim Cleary, who met with New South Wales Sports Minister Graham Annesley on Thursday.

They discussed funding to upgrade Brookvale Oval, which desperately needs a makeover.

"I keep hearing in the community: 'You blokes will be gone by 2015' and that is just rubbish," Sibraa told the Manly Daily.

The State Government's stadia policy called for funding to be concentrated on big venues at the expense of traditional suburban grounds.

Sibraa said his interpretation of that was it would mean an upgrade of Brookvale or the club would have to move. "And moving was not an option," he said.

"There has been a lot of stuff going around that the Sea Eagles are going to move or the Sea Eagles are going to be forced out or it is going to be the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. I want to knock that on the head.

"We have a license until 2017, which makes us the 16th owner of the commission, and we are not going anywhere."

Sibraa said the club was looking at strategies to stay at Brookvale.

"It's early days but we have to fully cost a number of proposals before we go back to the Government," Sibraa said.

"They need to be financially viable. The days of just walking in and saying 'We need $15 million for a new stand' are gone." Sibraa said.

"We are not going to get Brookvale into a State trust unless we can prove we have a proposal that is revenue neutral."

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/were-going-nowhere/

the decision wont ever be in our hands. They will move to the same model as melbourne the issue being the melbourne is better structured for it

That may not be right Dan, it's heartening to hear Sibraa making it clear we are sticking to our guns.

Melbourne's transport infrastructure makes the 2 stadium model more workable down there, but Sydney is not Melbourne and Manly is a key component of the ARL strategy for Sydney.

As he says, we need a viable proposal and that means a development that has multiple facets/uses.

What we can do is to continue to grow the membership, and interest in the team and the game throughout the northern beaches. We are not gone yet.

Daniel said:
the decision wont ever be in our hands. They will move to the same model as melbourne the issue being the melbourne is better structured for it

We have some smart, well connected and passionate people on our side who are able to work with different levels of government to push the benefits of a workable solution in respect of the future of Brookvale Park.
Whilst it is fair to say that a lot of the work is "behind the scenes" at present have no doubt things are most defiitely "in our hands" which will be increasingly apparent in the coming months.

MWSE said:
The only way this situation changes is at the ballot box.

That's right with federal Labor we have no chance,once Anthony Albanese was approached for assistance for Brookvale Oval, his reply was, " as long as my arse points to the ground they will get nothing from us".
I don't know who the "they' were that he was referring to, whether it was the club or the people of the northern beaches, either way it shows the contempt that the Labor Party has for the voters in the area.

Peter C said:
That's right with federal Labor we have no chance,once Anthony Albanese was approached for assistance for Brookvale Oval, his reply was, " as long as my arse points to the ground they will get nothing from us".

Somebody needs to bend him over then.

So how long were the libs in power? And how much money was thrown our way?

lsz said:
So how long were the libs in power? And how much money was thrown our way?

Isz that doesn't matter... they make promises... lol

Just like the state libs did - remember it was all going to change once they came into power

Peter C said:
MWSE said:

I don't know who the "they' were that he was referring to, whether it was the club or the people of the northern beaches, either way it shows the contempt that the Labor Party has for the voters in the area.
Anthony Albanese and his communist , incompetent and misleading labour party that say that ALL AUSTRALIANS SHOULD GET A FAIR GO will get their arsess that point to the ground kicked out in the next election .

BOZO said:
Anthony Albanese and his communist , incompetent and misleading labour party that say that ALL AUSTRALIANS SHOULD GET A FAIR GO will get their arsess that point to the ground kicked out in the next election .
Haha. And your example of the 'labour' party being communist is …???

Labor & Liberal are peas in a pod in many respects. Paying lip service to different philosophies but the practical differences can be hard to distinguish. Labor pretends to be for the working masses, but in fact serve the interests of the bureaucracy and capital, both big and small. Liberal pretends to be for small business and free market competition, but in reality they serve the interests of big capital.

Neither party will fund Brookie until there is some political mileage to be made - and it won't be enough without some substantial commercial investment to make up a large component . To state the obvious, NRL is a business, not a community service.

Peter C said:
MWSE said:

Contempt that is matched equally by the disdain shown by the Coalition to the voters of this area.

This area needs an Independent in both State and Federal Parliament to get anything done.

Tony Abbott has a standing promise of $10mil to Brookvale Oval if elected

Unfortunately for the rest of the country this fu**wit will get in and hopefully he will keep his promise as that is the only peice of good from having him in our top job,i love Brookvale and want to see it live forever but Abbott is still a top notch fu**wit who couldnt find his ass with both hands,i hope the stupid pri*k can find his pen to sign the cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8