'Brookvale a health hazard' Greenberg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
'Brookvale a health hazard' Greenberg
By Josh Massoud | April 24, 2008

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/spor...5006066,00.html

FURIOUS Bulldogs officials have hit back at Manly for labelling the club's fearsome defensive reputation "a myth" - blasting "the appalling state" of Brookvale Oval ahead of Saturday night's showdown.

Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg has genuine fears Brookvale's "antiquated surface" poses an injury threat to high-priced stars such as Sonny Bill Williams and didn't hold back in response to Manly opposite Grant Mayer's extraordinary attack.

"We've got real concerns about the state of the surface at Brookvale, given the amount of rain in Sydney and the fact they've spent no money upgrading the ground," Greenberg told The Daily Telegraph last night.

"I was going to keep those concerns to myself, but thought better of it after Grant called our forwards a myth.

"I've heard the antiquated surface they've got up there is pretty average at the moment and there's an under-20s game on before that will only make it worse.

"When you're trying to manage players under a $4 million salary cap the last thing you need is to place them under a liability risk because of the appalling state of the oval."

Greenberg's rebuke didn't stop at Brookvale's surface.

"The facilities there are a bit of a joke, especially for our guys who are training at a state-of-the-art venue here at Homebush Bay," he continued.

"We'll be squeezed into pokey little dressing rooms and wondering if the hot water works afterwards.

"Our fans probably won't be able to get a seat in the grandstand and be forced to stand on the hill in the rain. Don't get me wrong, I think suburban rugby league grounds have their place.

"But a big Sydney clash like this deserves a proper ground with up-to-date facilities."

Manly have been wooing the Federal Government for a multi-million-dollar upgrade - but their lengthy overtures have so far amounted to nought.

Greenberg was at a loss to explain why Mayer took aim at the Bulldogs forwards by claiming the club's culture of intimidation was "a bit of a myth now".

"Grant used to work at the Bulldogs, but the last I heard he was sitting in a demountable office somewhere out the back of Narrabeen," Greenberg said.

"Given our new headquarters, there might be a bit of envy there.

"I'm surprised he said it because we gave Manly a bit of a touch-up at Brookvale last year.

"It takes a brave man to say a pack including Sonny Bill Williams and Andrew Ryan has gone soft.

"If Grant is so brave, maybe he should find a Manly jersey and run at them."

Mayer was not backing away from his provocative remarks last night and simply added: "Has he got an opinion on global warming? Because he seems to have an opinion on everything else."

They are definitely working together on this - LoL
1) Raise awareness for ground;
2) Increase Interest in forward battle.

Two ticks of approval.

When is state government's budget annoucement -  hopefully about $10 mill in that.

Definetely attracking good publicity for the game, hoping the rain goes away by then

haha at the hot water comment :)

Does he realise that Mayer said their soft this year.. last year they 'touched' us up with Omeley and Mason in their side... theyve gone buddy.. thats why your soft now lol

best bit for me is the "I've heard" the grass is crap stuff.

its more obvious than most of the baiting that goes on here what this is about and i hope it works.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4