Brooks and Moses up for grabs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookvale2015

Reserve Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-brooks-for-2017/story-fni3gpz1-1227643094051

Seems as brooks and moses are practically off contract... I'd like to see manly go after brooks, he and DCE could be a absolute gem of a combonation! Brooks could focus more on running the ball and take the pressure off DCE with some handy last tackle options close to the line. His defence may need some work but with anthony seibold and dce who I belive is the best halfback when it comes to defence could turn him into at least a half decent defender! Tom wright could move to centre similar to GI and from there become one of our strike centre along with dylan walker!

Moses does have a lot of talent but unfortunately I reckon he's too much a defensive liability for the NRL. There's small and can tackle (like Tooves) and then there's just plain small.

I think the unfortunate thing is they have talent to burn but are just very poor defensively. Add on that they'd cost a lot for untried players, and I don't think we need either of them currently.

No way to brooks. I would definitely take Moses. His defense probs are because he was in 1st grade too early. I expect he will be a very good player.

Moses does have a lot of talent but unfortunately I reckon he's too much a defensive liability for the NRL. There's small and can tackle (like Tooves) and then there's just plain small.

Exactly. Tooves regularly sat guys like Lazarus, Roach, Sironen and Harragon on their backsides because well.....he knew how to tackle. Moses and Brookes are rated highly by some experts solely based on their attacking ability. Neither can tackle to save themselves.

One thing I have noticed these days is that players who provide the attacking highlights seem to be rated highly, yet most of these so-called experts turn a blind eye to the fact that a number are hopeless in defense. Personally I would rather have players who can attack AND defend. No point in being able to score or set up tries if you can't stop your opposition from scoring them.

Moses is definitely the better of the two. Brooks just hasn't kicked on like expected and is not really a ball runner, more an organiser. Moses is the one who could play a running 5/8 role a little better.

Both were rushed in to first grade too early. Moses will be fine once he bulks up a bit. This should have been done prior to making his NRL debut. I've heard that's why Hodkinson was initially chosen in first grade agead of DCE, as DCE needed to build his body up to a size which could handle playing NRL. It definitely was nothing to do with skill.

Both were rushed in to first grade too early. Moses will be fine once he bulks up a bit. This should have been done prior to making his NRL debut. I've heard that's why Hodkinson was initially chosen in first grade agead of DCE, as DCE needed to build his body up to a size which could handle playing NRL. It definitely was nothing to do with skill.
And a lesson for Tom T?

And a lesson for Tom T?

Moses strikes me as a Daniel Mortimer type in that he may have the pedigree of a great player but it could be a constant battle to gain wait and keep it, especially when he gets injured. I've never seen him fire or produce anything resembling the hype surrounding him. Hope for his sake he keeps improving coz he seems like a good kid.
Tommy on the other hand isn't playing in the middle and he's lanky but those turbos are built strong! I think his body could handle a full season after being held back at the right times last season.
Full speed ahead for Tommy in 2016!

They are way overrated and aren't worth the asking price imo.
They might get paid less next year by leaving but I reckon it would be a smart career move to leave.
The WT are going nowhere fast.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4