1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooks and Moses up for grabs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brookvale2015, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-brooks-for-2017/story-fni3gpz1-1227643094051

Seems as brooks and moses are practically off contract... I'd like to see manly go after brooks, he and DCE could be a absolute gem of a combonation! Brooks could focus more on running the ball and take the pressure off DCE with some handy last tackle options close to the line. His defence may need some work but with anthony seibold and dce who I belive is the best halfback when it comes to defence could turn him into at least a half decent defender! Tom wright could move to centre similar to GI and from there become one of our strike centre along with dylan walker!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. joeboy

joeboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 16
    Moses has double the talent of brooks.

And could be an option in 17.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I would expect both those players to stay at the Tigers, The Tigpies I think will let Farah go at the end of the season if things dont improve and they have the cash to retain them. I would rather Manly target
    Aaron Woods who is a Manly tragic

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Moses does have a lot of talent but unfortunately I reckon he's too much a defensive liability for the NRL. There's small and can tackle (like Tooves) and then there's just plain small.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    we dont need a speed bump Moses cant tackle

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I think the unfortunate thing is they have talent to burn but are just very poor defensively. Add on that they'd cost a lot for untried players, and I don't think we need either of them currently.

7. smithy

smithy Active Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 8
    No thanks to either. As said complete liabilities in defence. Moses 2015 stats has him at 415 tackles made 102 missed. Brooks has 310 made 83 missed. No where near NRL quality.

Can't believe they have turned down a 600k extension.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  8. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    No way to brooks. I would definitely take Moses. His defense probs are because he was in 1st grade too early. I expect he will be a very good player.

9. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    We couldn't afford Brooks his s-26 and nappys will cost us a fortune.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    They're probably expecting Parra to offer $1m each

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. MANLY4LIFE

MANLY4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 6
    No thanks and please no to both

12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Exactly. Tooves regularly sat guys like Lazarus, Roach, Sironen and Harragon on their backsides because well.....he knew how to tackle. Moses and Brookes are rated highly by some experts solely based on their attacking ability. Neither can tackle to save themselves.

One thing I have noticed these days is that players who provide the attacking highlights seem to be rated highly, yet most of these so-called experts turn a blind eye to the fact that a number are hopeless in defense. Personally I would rather have players who can attack AND defend. No point in being able to score or set up tries if you can't stop your opposition from scoring them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    sign them both up, good back up if DCE is playing origin

14. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    We could use one as a backup for Moltzen.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,525 / 134
    Moses is definitely the better of the two. Brooks just hasn't kicked on like expected and is not really a ball runner, more an organiser. Moses is the one who could play a running 5/8 role a little better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Both were rushed in to first grade too early. Moses will be fine once he bulks up a bit. This should have been done prior to making his NRL debut. I've heard that's why Hodkinson was initially chosen in first grade agead of DCE, as DCE needed to build his body up to a size which could handle playing NRL. It definitely was nothing to do with skill.

17. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    And a lesson for Tom T?

18. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +204 / 6
    Moses strikes me as a Daniel Mortimer type in that he may have the pedigree of a great player but it could be a constant battle to gain wait and keep it, especially when he gets injured. I've never seen him fire or produce anything resembling the hype surrounding him. Hope for his sake he keeps improving coz he seems like a good kid.
    Tommy on the other hand isn't playing in the middle and he's lanky but those turbos are built strong! I think his body could handle a full season after being held back at the right times last season.
    Full speed ahead for Tommy in 2016!

19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    They are way overrated and aren't worth the asking price imo.
    They might get paid less next year by leaving but I reckon it would be a smart career move to leave.
    The WT are going nowhere fast.