brookie upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

zambuck

Reserve Grader
now that the lib/nats have swept to power will they help with the upgrade of brookvale oval or are they going to ignore us again ? as have everyone else
remember the saying the more thing change the more they stay the same, lets hope they support us now afew mill will make a difference

I expect nothing. We are a blue ribbon Liberal seat, and so are the ones surrounding it. They don't have to worry about delivering anything cause they get voted in either way.

Someone told me this morning that Fatty O'Barrell has promised all NSW residents that all our wildest dreams will come true.

There was a new (small) metal fence at the back of the hill near the beer shed, approx 10m long, step by step we are getting there.  :-\

We've already got 6mil funding from state labor and I don't expect the state liberals will cough up any. We need funding from the fedral government.

SFS last week compared to brookie today,just shows how big of a gap we have to make up with regards to facilities and amenities.

Was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday, she says that Warringah council have requested funding for 3 projects on the beaches totalling 170mil, with Brookie being 1 of those.

swoop link said:
We've already got 6mil funding from state labor and I don't expect the state liberals will cough up any. We need funding from the fedral government.

Its not going to happen now unless Will Farrells dad Barryo pays for the whole thing. The Federal Government would have given us the funding if Warringah Council had bothered to actually apply for it. $20mil would have been money well spent for State and Federal Labor to fund and deliver such an important community project in the middle of Tony Abbott heartland.

The problem we have now is that the federal funding program for community
infrastructure projects seems to have finished or been rolled back for the moment. Also, Labor was just slaughtered in NSW so Federal Labor is not going to make anything easy for Barryo because the more he appears to deliver the longer he will remain in power.

I doubt whether the $6mil is still available either. It wasn't mentioned in the grants listed on Warringah councils meeting minutes.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301236561[/time]

TokyoEagle link said:
Was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday, she says that Warringah council have requested funding for 3 projects on the beaches totalling 170mil, with Brookie being 1 of those.

FINALLY!!!!!

Lets hope its true although I have not seen any Federal Government calls for community project proposals. Maybe its all from the State?

Christol link said:
I doubt whether the $6mil is still available either. It wasn't mentioned in the grants listed on Warringah councils meeting minutes.

If you are referring to the original grant of 6M from the State govt for Brookie then it was sitting in the Council bank account for ages, and has been used on projects and maintenance on the ground. I don't know whether any is left but they definitely got it.

Maybe the hospitals and schools should be fixed before footy grounds.

That's just in my crazy-arsed opinion.

bob dylan link said:
Maybe the hospitals and schools should be fixed before footy grounds.

That's just in my crazy-arsed opinion.

That's a very Bob Dylan-ish reply..even if it is true :)

From today's Telegraph: Meanwhile Hasler revealed that local Liberal MPs Mike Baird and Brad Hazzard- along with new Premier Barry O'Farrell, had given assurances that Brookvale Oval will receive much needed government funding for an upgrade.

We'll get nothing until we are a marginal electorate!

BOF's got to keep the new liberal seats happy first!

Don't worry though the boys can feel better when hurting their
opponents that they will get first class treatment at the new
level 5 hosptal at Frenchs Forest before the ground is fixed up!
:)

Bones link said:
From today's Telegraph: Meanwhile Hasler revealed that local Liberal MPs Mike Baird and Brad Hazzard- along with new Premier Barry O'Farrell, had given assurances that Brookvale Oval will receive much needed government funding for an upgrade.

Perfectly timed quote from Dessie. He reminds me of Columbo..lots of mumbling and confusion but it's hiding a very sharp brain.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Christol link=topic=187115.msg327782#msg327782 date=1301236359]

If you are referring to the original grant of 6M from the State govt for Brookie then it was sitting in the Council bank account for ages, and has been used on projects and maintenance on the ground. I don't know whether any is left but they definitely got it.
[/quote]

Some of the money is apparently being misused. Maintenence such as repairs of a roof (can't remember which stand) was funded using some of the grant dollars. Because the ground is owned by council the funding for these repairs should have come out of council coffers and not the grant.

I can't remember where I read this.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301266820[/time]

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Christol link=topic=187115.msg327782#msg327782 date=1301236359]

[/quote]

Some of the money is apparently being misused. Maintenence such as repairs of a roof (can't remember which stand) was funded using some of the grant dollars. Because the ground is owned by council the funding for these repairs should have come out of council coffers and not the grant.

I can't remember where I read this.

They replaced the roof of the Jane Try stand. :)

Yep, Zorba flagged it as an issue for the club that proposed funds for development were used for repairs/maintenance.

Sooty Fan link said:
[quote author=swoop] Some of the money is apparently being misused. Maintenence such as repairs of a roof (can't remember which stand) was funded using some of the grant dollars. Because the ground is owned by council the funding for these repairs should have come out of council coffers and not the grant.

They replaced the roof of the Jane Try stand. :)
[/quote]

Yes and unfortunately they also put in new speakers in the roof that actually work so we had to endure 80 minutes of listening to that clown of a ground announcer. 

Putting all that aside....

Brookie is still a great place to watch football. The Hill is a State treasure that should be heritage-listed.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6