Brookie Upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rusty link said:
So no real news on the oval then?

What we should do is hold these Dirt-Bike events like Energy Australia in NC, then they would have to replace the pitch.

The real news is there will be new roofs on the Arko and Jane Try stand

Post  automatically merged: [time]1288321077[/time]

Unfornately you cannot sit on the roof

Isn't the plan to put another storey on the JT stand when we can get the $10m? 

Obviously by putting a new roof on they are not expecting any more money in the foreseable future.

Maybe they can put solar panels on the new roof to heat the pies?

tookey link said:

Obviously by putting a new roof on they are not expecting any more money in the foreseable future.

Spot on Tookey. I wonder what is happening to all the $100 per bum put forward to hold one of the missing JT upper teir seats.

They're probably taking the Brookvale infrastructure to Oki or Win Jubilee to enhance their 2-3 NRL games held each year. 

Post  automatically merged: [time]1288334119[/time]

Speaking of Stadiums, looks like the Knights might get chucked out of their Stadium for not paying the bills.  I'd imagine Singleton is running his hands, if not behind it. 

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185856.msg304269#msg304269 date=1288329347]

Spot on Tookey. I wonder what is happening to all the $100 per bum put forward to hold one of the missing JT upper teir seats.
[/quote]

Perhaps the new roof is going to be put at a height where new seats can be added, or perhaps its only minor fixes anyway. Who knows, and frankly if the council makes a good long term decision on it I will be surprised.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Anything to prevent us moving to gosford.

Become a member of the Football club, (If your not already) then you get a vote to stop that ever happening.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=185856.msg304158#msg304158 date=1288230066]
There is an assumption there that Abbott might actually something he says!!!

and you call yourself a schoolteacher?!?!

"Abbot might actually something" ???
[/quote]Marking HSC English at the moment. My brain is fried to the extent that any proof-reading is redundant. :)

Rusty link said:
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=185856.msg304339#msg304339 date=1288394550]
Anything to prevent us moving to gosford.

Become a member of the Football club, (If your not already) then you get a vote to stop that ever happening.
[/quote]

I thought there was a three year wait after taking up m'ship until you could vote!

That deserves some clarification. I have an older copy of the constitution that has no such limitation, but I do recall hearing of some such change a couple of years ago. Not 3 years though. Born no doubt out of paranoid worries that some group would stack the membership and ... I dunno, do something??

Does anyone know the current rule?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
That deserves some clarification. I have an older copy of the constitution that has no such limitation, but I do recall hearing of some such change a couple of years ago. Not 3 years though. Born no doubt out of paranoid worries that some group would stack the membership and ... I dunno, do something??

I believe you are classed as a provisional member for 12 months, after that point you can vote. I might well be wrong.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:

Yeh,that's why it was 3 years,I heard.No-one can stack a vote at short notice.Something I heard end '09,but may be different to that.

Brookie does look different at the moment, as I was in the area yesterday went for a walk though. All the grandstands covered under tarps. Still was good to wonder though Brookie on the way to the leagues club

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=185856.msg304161#msg304161 date=1288230601]
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=185856.msg304158#msg304158 date=1288230066]
There is an assumption there that Abbott might actually something he says!!!

and you call yourself a schoolteacher?!?!

"Abbot might actually something" ???
[/quote]Marking HSC English at the moment. My brain is fried to the extent that any proof-reading is redundant. :)
[/quote]

Lets hope my kids in the future's paper is one of the FIRST you read, as upposed to one of the last...especially when English answers are so subjective.

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=185856.msg304576#msg304576 date=1288685431]

Yeh,that's why it was 3 years,I heard.No-one can stack a vote at short notice.Something I heard end '09,but may be different to that.
[/quote]

Correct - A person must have 3 years continuous membership of the Football Club before they are eligible to vote.

This was proposed, voted on by members and agreed a few years ago for very valid reasons at the time.

Whilst it may been seen as a negative to newer members of the Football Club initially it is an important aspect as it does prevent the possibility (or makes it extremely difficult) of a person (or persons) signing up for a large number of memberships and then influencing the vote on such key aspects as where we play, how often and under what name plus of course have influence via the 2 seats (votes) that the Football Club has at the Sea Eagles board table.

Football Club membership or renewals can be made via the upgrade option available when you purchase the 2011 Sea Eagles ticketed membership (Only $10 for ticketed members).

Alternatively, renewal notices will be sent to all current FC members towards the end of this calendar year (Current membership expires 31/12/10)

New memberships ($25) can also be purchased from the Leagues Club (see here
http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/docs/football-club-application.pdf )
although we are hoping to have a new FC site live before the end of the year which will include paypal options for renewals or new memberships

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6