Brookie - The Premier Ground of the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
18 May 2013Manly DailyAndrew Prentice

Crowd fun earns Sea Eagles poll position

THE success of the Sea Eagles is not just limited to the heroic on-field performances from the players.

Marketing agency Enhance Research recently released their responses from a mid-season survey on NRL fans in relation to game day experience.

Despite having to contend with the competition’s most out-dated facilities at Brookvale Oval, Manly were crowned top club in a number of areas.

They were the NRL standouts in engaging the crowd as part of the ‘‘Countdown to Kick Off ’’ hosted by the club’s Corporate Affairs and media manager Neil Evans, as well as mascots entertaining the crowd and a number of different merchandise areas.

If that wasn’t enough, the Sea Eagles also polled strongly in other categories such as family activities, crowd capacity and cheerleader performances.

A club spokesperson said extra focus has been placed on making each home game at Brookie a big event for fans from start to finish.

‘‘You only have to look at how many people turned up for the Souths and Cronulla games to see the level of support,’’ he said.

‘‘Fans always come first, they are the pulse of the club.

‘‘Presenting legends from previous teams and Wolfie’s Howlers have been well received, it adds to the occasion.

‘‘The findings show we are doing things right.’’
------------------------------------------------------------
Well done to Manly for listening to the Fans :angel:

We know its the best ground around. Glad they put this out there for others blind to the fact.

Darren has not been a happy camper since his mother-in-law, Endora, started bagging his name and calling him Durwood, Darwin, Dum-Dum, What's his Name, etc. Not even marriage to the lovely and clever Samantha could improve his mood.

This shows that the typical Brookie needs to stay so add a few paths, some better toilets and food/drink outlets and a bit more corporate and we are sweet. Just need to keep the hill and the feel of the place.

And that's what the current architectural plans envision. Keep it realistic, get the ground to a somewhat better (suburban ground) benchmark and hopefully go from there.

They just need some more money!

I took a friend to Brookie for the first time last year. After the game I said there were a lot of people want to do this place up. He said to me "Why, what's wrong with it"

I took a corporate guy (director of westpac) to the Souths game and stood on the hill. He loved it, and promptly bought a membership.

I expect $50 million will be available for the upgrade at 9am on September 16. It will be the most pressing issue for the incoming government.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4