Brookie Surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So the story is. In order for major ground improvements to occur the ground has to be taken over by the state Govt so it can come under the NSW stadiums funding dept. In order for that to happen the NoRealLeadership has to guarantee the long term future of the Sea Eagles at brookvale. Greenturd, Slymth and his fwit cronies WON'T DO IT They want us gone. Relocate,merge or die. That is Greenturd's 1 overriding agenda.

Warringah mayor calls for NRL to fund $1m synthetic field at Brookvale Oval

Warringah mayor Michael Regan has called for the NRL to cough up $1 million to provide Brookvale Oval with a synthetic surface to ensure the playing field is up to standard.

The governing body is set to launch an investigation after the ground resembled a sandy heap during the Sea Eagles' loss to Canterbury on Friday night. There could be more head-office dramas for the hosts, with the club likely to come under scrutiny for failing to immediately drag Brayden Wiliame from the field after he appeared to be concussed.

Players from both sides were shocked by the number of potholes on a field which had reportedly hosted six games during the past week. Regan believes the problems could be overcome if the NRL funded the costs of laying artificial turf, which lasts for at least a decade.
"[NRL CEO] Dave Smith recently came back from an overseas trip saying he wants boutique grounds now. Well if that's what you want, are you prepared to put your hand in your back pocket to fund it?" Regan said.

"I support boutique grounds and an NRL-government partnership to make it happen. If we want a premium surface on what is otherwise a public oval - the public is allowed to walk their dog on it or use it as they see fit every day from 6am to 8pm - we need the resources to bring it up to scratch.

"For a council, full synthetic works in that it would cost us about $15,000 to $20,000 a year to maintain. It will also give you 60 hours of use out of the surface each week, which means you can play games every day and night on a perfect surface and it will last 10 to 15 years."

Some NFL and English grounds use artificial surfaces because to their consistency and resilience. Regan said an interim solution would be to use a combination of synthetic and natural grass, as is the case at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

"The NRL are the ones that demand that the surface should be a certain standard, so they should pay for it," Regan said.

"This highlights the lack of investment from the NRL. They have expectations, but rather than criticise they need to come up with solutions.

"They are quick to throw stones at the council but we are never going to have the resources to put in a $100 million, 23,000 seat stadium for 10 games a year. We don't have the resources to do that, let alone maintain the surface.

"We need the state or the NRL to come up with a solution to ensure we can remain at Brookvale. If you want to kill Manly off, you move us out of the area."

The Rugby League Players Association said it was waiting for a report on the state of the Brookvale pitch and was pushing for ground inspections before each game. RLPA chief executive David Garnsey said inspections 48 hours before games would allow the NRL to determine if it needed to shift or postpone games. "For the players' safety to be put at risk is unacceptable and we need to investigate ground inspections," Garnsey said.

"That way they can make a decision whether they can move it to another ground or move it to another time.

"I know that's disruptive but player safety is more important."

Manly chairman Scott Penn said he would ask for a "please explain" from Warringah Council and was at a loss to give a reason why the ground was not up to scratch.

"Council need to rectify it because it wasn't NRL-quality," Penn said.

"The good thing is the next home game isn't until early May so they've got over a month to get it right. But it's not acceptable to have patches like that on Friday night."

Where I used to live in Warriewood nearly all my neighbours had synthetic grass lawns. I think synthetic grass is our thing. Anyone know how the field at Narrabeen Sports High goes???

True! But surely there is a lease agreement.
Well, yeah I guess so. But if the Mayor is up the NRL for a cool million, it would suggest that they are not going to put any money into the ground. It'd be a real circle jerk at the moment if it is the Council's responsibility. The NRL is pointing at us and saying, fix it. We are pointing at the Council and saying, fix it. The Council is pointing at the NRL and saying, fix it.

A couple of meetings or phone calls between the NRL and Council to do with who is going to pay to fix it, and they might stand together pointing at us and say, move.

I'm not on the ground in Sydney, so I don't have much idea, but, would the Council have much trouble renting the ground for 350k a year to another organization if we were forced to move? It seems to me that would be the only pressure we could put on them to fix it, the loss of income I mean, if we left.

In saying all that, I would assume the Council would have covered their butts when agreeing to the lease. We are more than likely responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the playing surface.

It's no coincidence that all of a sudden Brookie looks like a kindy playground. Ask yourselves how much do the owners of Gosford stadium need a pro sport tennant ? The NRL (Green****) masterplan is all coming together.
Step 1. De-stabilize the management of this too successful Manly team.
Step 2. Dismantle this ever successful Manly team i.e Desgate, Gift etc
Step 3. Sit back and watch the supporters meltdown and crowds and sponsors walk when they lose their marquee halves to outrageous contracts (actually 1 signed by the NRL).
Step 4. Suddenly overnight Brookie goes from a passable playing surface to a kindy playground.
Step 5. Overnight the famously procrastinating NRL management make an instant decision to ban us from Brookie till it's "Fixed!!!!" (which will be NEVER).
Step 6. Waiting for the inevitable financial excuses as to why the club can't go back to brookie.....poor crowds, revenue from corporates etc etc
And all this has happened this year! On top of everything else. But current board will blame last years board for the mess they need to clean up financially. How about they put some of their own money in to help. The owners are financially stable with $16mill in their pockets. How about missing the 6 weekly overseas yearly trip and throwing some money in to get Brooky looking good.

Why not get a synthetic council to go with out synthetic owners.

They will go well without synthetic halves for next year

The nrl has said that if the playing surface isnt up to standards for the next game at brookie in early may then our games will be moved to another venue for the remainder of the season potentially losing us millions in revenue. They slander us for months on end, they take our players from us and allow our long time players to leave without compensation, they blame the club and not the council for the state of the grounds and they will not provide any financial support to help fix the issue and now they are trying to take our stadium from us. Who the **** has it in for our club and why will they not just **** off?
image.jpg

This guy is your answer to your question !!

Warringah council should allow for our club to employ a full time groundskeeper and have no other junior games on the oval in the week.

But this will never happen with the council leaders we have at the moment

How does Kogarah Council manage the upkeep of Jubilee as there is only 4 weeks' rent there?:cool:
Meanwhile, Warringah Council is busy building their 20mill Indoor Sporting Facility adjacent to their Chambers and less than 2km from Brookie.:mad:

St George is reportedly $130,000 in debt to the Council over Kogarah, with soccer likely to take over paying a portion of the rent.

Surely Phil Sidney has a great solution he could offer up with the benefit of hindsight and not having a horse in the race...

Something will have to be done about the playing surface. Friday night was embarrassing not to mention a risk to the players. We have enough out with Injuries and every time Snake got the ball i was hoping he didn't twist his knee in the potholes. I love our beloved Brookie Oval but Friday night really highlighted that the stadium is no where near the standard required to host an NRL game. Unfortunately this comes at the worst of times when so much off field stuff is happening but if our club is paying close to $30,000 per game there then the club is getting ripped off.

I hate Greenburg and the NRL as much as the next Manly Supporter but there can be no refuting that the pitch was not good enough and if it means moving more games out of Brookie until a solution is found then so be it. All it means is prioritising which games go to what stadium i.e silly to have games at sfs against Roosters and Souths or against Parra/Bulldogs at ANZ.

It's just comes at a bad time with so much focus on the club but Brookvale isn't up to standard and until Friday night i refused to believe it until old mate was carrying a bucket of sand filling potholes at half time.

Didn't the council get $5 million to upgrade the ground?

Surely 20% of that is available to do this upgrade?

Someone should also point out that ANZ and Suncorp have also produced pitches like these in the last 5 years at times

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6