Brookie redevelopment news from launch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
at the end of the day we are gonna get puched out of a suburban ground and into one of the big 2 sydney stadiums. if the club doesnt lift its game and get a stadium that is capable of holding 25k seated people as well as improved broadcast and sponsors facilities, we might aswell just pack up and move now. theres no reason that if this gets built, that we cant host home finals there as the grounds are no bigger than hunter or dairy farmers or skilled park or aami stadium. lets at least here the proposal when they release it to the public, and look into the costing and timeframe models. maybee the era of a one owner team will allow us the ability to really get this developement happening

Rubbish my arse. It looks like the ultimate suburban ground whilst still keeping the feel of brookie.

This new one is like a SUV, pretending to be a smaller version of something that works i.e. a 4WD off roader but in reality just an overpriced medium car.

This new design will attract more corporates and sponsors, especially from overseas.

And put a LEagues Club at the bottom of the Apartments and the $$$ will come rolling in.

At least we have some sort of vision about what it would look like. I agree with Fluffy it keeps the tradtion of Brooky but is a modern stadium that gives comfort to our fans and improves the current match day experience.

At least we have some sort of vision about what it would look like. I agree with Fluffy it keeps the tradtion of Brooky but is a modern stadium that gives comfort to our fans and improves the current match day experience.

Comfort will be worse. My knees hit the seat in front at most stadiums.

That was the beauty of the older plans, it had something for everyone as well as catering for the corporates

That stadium is one of the best mock ups I've ever seen, if that happened it would be the most incredible result for our club.
I find it hard to believe all that could be built with $80 million though.

Are those buildings unit blocks or offices, because filling high rise units in Brookvale - I'd have doubts about that.

I also don't get people's fascinations with leagues clubs. That may work out west where people have nothing better to do than pour money into the jokies but Brookvale will not be a destination for people for a night out ever. You go City/Manly/local if you want it more low key.

the noise generated from a capacity crowd inside a stadium like the one proposed would be massive & very intimidating for an opposition team

Looking at the picture I think they are going with the theory if we won't move to SFS/Homebush, then bring SFS/Homebush to Brookvale, the powers that be are just determined the rip the soul out of any football grounds they can get their filthy hands on.

As others have said on here, why not something for everyone, not everyone likes being squashed into an uncomfortable plastic seat. And stuck next to whoever you get, at least on the hill if you get stuck next to some annoying twat you can move a few meters away, in reserved seating you're stuck there.

And for those who go on about these stadiums being better for rainy days, what happens if it rains an hour before the game, on the hill you might get a bit of mud on your shoes but in seat which aren't protected (which is still quite a few in these stadiums) you end up with a wet dirty seat of your pants.

Looking at the picture I think they are going with the theory if we won't move to SFS/Homebush, then bring SFS/Homebush to Brookvale, the powers that be are just determined the rip the soul out of any football grounds they can get their filthy hands on.

As others have said on here, why not something for everyone, not everyone likes being squashed into an uncomfortable plastic seat. And stuck next to whoever you get, at least on the hill if you get stuck next to some annoying twat you can move a few meters away, in reserved seating you're stuck there.

And for those who go on about these stadiums being better for rainy days, what happens if it rains an hour before the game, on the hill you might get a bit of mud on your shoes but in seat which aren't protected (which is still quite a few in these stadiums) you end up with a wet dirty seat of your pants.

Capacity will be between 23-25,000, so it still makes for a local feel. Also looking at the designs, almost all of the seats are undercover.

Do you know the reasons for plastic seating as opposed to just a hill?

Don't get me wrong but it's lucky we live in a city who both loves league but can't be assed fronting up to games

I'll educate you why hills are bad

If that was going to happen at brookie it would have already happened in the 80's when we packing in 27K. These days they limit the numbers to 22K or less.

We also have a pissy little fence in comparison but don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Do you also believe all christians are pedos and all muslims are terrorists? Same logic

I love our hill

But if we had AFL like attendances it'd be dangerous

Love the hill as well, adds character in a way that's hard to explain to opposition fans.

But It needs stairs up the middle, in the wet it is a nightmare. Nearly gone arse over tit many times when it's raining and I'm running to have a Ciggie out the back of the ground at halftime.

Love the hill as well, adds character in a way that's hard to explain to opposition fans.

But It needs stairs up the middle, in the wet it is a nightmare. Nearly gone arse over tit many times when it's raining and I'm running to have a Ciggie out the back of the ground at halftime.
If we do keep the drunkard hill I'd like that and smoothing out and steps on the rear of the hill too

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4