Brookie gone? SFS new home ground?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
The AFL/MCG comparison is a furphy.

If 4 million people need to share two major stadiums for NRL, get the Fcking transport infrastructure sorted :mad:

Both Brisbane and Melbourne could fit into the geographical area of Sydney.
Yet they both have multi mode transport into the CBD where Suncorp and AAMI are located.

Annesly is aiding the ARLC in turning NRL into Sheffield Cricket attendance number games :mad:

Foxtel subscription needs to be heavily discounted for NRL Club Members IMO, as they are forcing people into their armchairs.

Could not agree more.

And voting Labor is not the answer they will not spend a cent on a stadium in a safe Liberal seat.

I would like to see Brookie refurbished but made not to look State of the art but have that Heratiage look. Going all the way back to the 60's so it stands out from all other grounds not just more of the same.. Ofcourse I would want the field to be state of the art. just saying

ayjay007 said:
Does anyone think any government gives atoss about the suburban grounds?Unfortunate but true.Oh,well,Allianz is more accessible for me! BTW,Ive posted before in threads and posts...has anyone in government (all levels) given any thought to job losses in the areas around suburban grounds?Ground staff,caterers,surrounding shops/pubs/clubs,loss of extra time for event bus drivers/taxi drivers,just to name a few.It might seem like just a few might be affected,but consider Brookie-extra buses for crowds (extra drivers),maccas hire more staff,cops get extra time,brookie pub and leagues club,cleaners,security,smaller local businesses,travelodge,and the list would go on.

You had me ayjay till teh bit about goverments thinking.....just doesnt happen

Northside needs a stadium, I don't care where, but brookie is a good option.

Target Nsw treasurer mike Baird, member for manly. He has way more say than junior ministers like annesley.

I love being Australian. We can tell out leaders to go f##k themselves without repercussion, so consider yourself told Juliar and Obarrel. Oh yeh and F##K Graham Annesley.

As others have mentioned, nothing new here. I'm sure Perry and co are looking at other options for funding to at least bring Brookvale up to a more acceptable standard. Having said that, I had a look over the new extension the other day and it certainly is an improvement. I have some photos I'll try to upload.

This is fact could well be renamed the "F**K you Annersley" Thread....can the original poster please amend.

Oh yes and "F**K you Graham Annersley"

Funny how these ex ref's end of in politics.

Tim Mander has just been named Housing minister in the Queensland government.

And *uck you Annersley.

As happilymanly said, it's all well and good to go with the AFL model but until we have a public transport system that does the business then it's a flawed plan. All of the Melbourne clubs are a stones throw from the CBD and if you can't catch a train, there's a tram.
Etihad is in the CBD and the MCG is a ( pleasant ) stroll from the CBD or Jolimont station. Compare that with a bus ride from Central or walking your family through Surry Hills to the SFS or the alternative - sterile Homebush.
Even the folk from Essendon can jump on a train and get to games.
How do they expect fans from Manly, Cronulla, Penrith etc to get to "home" games and then have to deal with the fun police, junkies etc and a two hour trip home?

Frogz said:
ayjay007 said:
Does anyone think any government gives atoss about the suburban grounds?Unfortunate but true.Oh,well,Allianz is more accessible for me! BTW,Ive posted before in threads and posts...has anyone in government (all levels) given any thought to job losses in the areas around suburban grounds?Ground staff,caterers,surrounding shops/pubs/clubs,loss of extra time for event bus drivers/taxi drivers,just to name a few.It might seem like just a few might be affected,but consider Brookie-extra buses for crowds (extra drivers),maccas hire more staff,cops get extra time,brookie pub and leagues club,cleaners,security,smaller local businesses,travelodge,and the list would go on.

You had me ayjay till teh bit about goverments thinking.....just doesnt happen

put that slip down to afew martinis Frog...lol and I forgot....F*@k you Annersley

Peter C said:
Brookvale's only hope is the Libs getting in next year in the federal election.
Anthony Albanese said that as long as his arse is pointing to ground, Brookvale will not get a cent from the Juliar Gillard government.
Oh yeah!, f@#k you Annesly

There's no hope unless Abbott's seat becomes a marginal seat. IMO neither side will commit any money for the upgrade of brookie.

Fluffy said:
but Jono promised his mate Baird would fork out the dosh as a Manly fan

I am confused now.

And Baird has just come into another billion dollars that he didn't think that he had so what is $20m for Brookie oval when he still has $980m to spash around

tookey said:
Fluffy said:
but Jono promised his mate Baird would fork out the dosh as a Manly fan

I am confused now.

And Baird has just come into another billion dollars that he didn't think that he had so what is $20m for Brookie oval when he still has $980m to spash around

Sadly Brookvale won't be a priority for them. Plus Baird has a 'Finance Minister' to deal with, as part of the underwhelming O'Barrell's attempts to keep his potential rival in check.

With my Manly hat on I am annoyed but when I look at it objectively it makes financial sense. Why spend $20 million + on something that will get 12 games of professional sport per year? Hardly a priority in the scheme of things.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2