Brookie game moved to China 2014!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
I've always thought that the WCC should be in either Dubai or Honkers. It's ridiculous putting it on in England each year.

While the RFL are footing the bill it should be up to them.
If the ARLC decide to chip in then change it.

Phantar said:
Dave Perry was on Gibbsy and Brandy last night. They discussed how the game could take place as early as next year.

Bring it on! I can only see 2013 as a possibility if Manly don't win this years premiership, so wouldn't be required to do the WCC road trip.

Whether it's in Shenzhen or outer Mongolia, I'll be there with dim sims on.

Phantar said:
Dave Perry was on Gibbsy and Brandy last night. They discussed how the game could take place as early as next year. He (Perry) comes across as a very good operator, not that we didn't know that already. Phil Rothfield's, Zorba Peters' and Dean Ritchie's opinions notwithstanding.

It would be interesting to see how much money they might make out of this.

Did he discuss the hype over crowd numbers?

Yes he did. Said they were expecting a good turnout. I think the big difference this year is that the Club accepts that the game can't be moved so let's make the best of it. Also this is now a sudden death game.

Provided he can survive the boardroom battles, I think this guy can take the Club to new heights of financial security - that we haven't seen since pre-Superleague days.

Remember the 1996/7 News Ltd propaganda of what Super League would create if only us dumb fans would support them in their takeover? How many believed their propaganda?

Interesting they controlled the game for 15 years and did zip squat to deliver on the propaganda.

And interesting that when they exit the game, real plans are made.

I was thinking along those lines the other night. The leading ARL-loyal club of the time is leading the 'assault' on China - in concert with one of the Superleague instigators.

HappilyManly said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I assure you though if this does go ahead we will look at a few options, and anyway it's probably 18 months away...we have a GF to win and I have another WCC Tour to oragnise first!!

Manly should have the WCC in Honkers.
Its full of Brits and would give the ESL Boys a trip away from the cold:idea:

Thats a Damn good idea HapMan, a 9 hour flight to an average temperature with other things to do trumps double that to the cold depressing place that is London...... only thing UK trip has is the heritage of the grounds and nuts supporters.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6