Brookie Crowd for Sunday – a great one !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
The Brookie Crowd was finally a great one! Traditionally if we can get Sunday afternoon games late in the season (especially once all the junior winter sports have finished) we always get a great crowd. It must be a must with the NRL scheduling the last couple of home games at Brookie to be Sunday afternoons.

Remember Beaver’s last home game in 2008 was a Monday night !! (we can never repeat those mistakes again ..!!).

Sunday afternoon footy is still the one as fans flock to Brookvale Oval for Manly-Penrith top-four clash

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sunday-afternoon-footy-is-still-the-one-as-fans-flock-to-brookvale-oval-for-manlypenrith-topfour-clash/story-fni3gnk1-1227043068309

And that crowd only had a Valiant and a Torana load of Riff supporters

Yes, another great day on the Hill.
It was still not uncomfortably crowded. Anyone who wanted a seat on the grass (and who came at a reasonably early hour) got one. You can tell when it is a really big crowd of around 20,000 when all those of the Hill have to stand to get a view. My last memory of that happening was against Souffs in a first semi-final 3-4 years ago.
It still looked like there were some spare seats in the Ken Arthurson stand. Why doesn't the club reduce the price of tickets there? I've never sat in this stand but I'm told the view is not worth the cost.

The Who said:
It was still not uncomfortably crowded. Anyone who wanted a seat on the grass (and who came at a reasonably early hour) got one. You can tell when it is a really big crowd of around 20,000 when all those of the Hill have to stand to get a view. My last memory of that happening was against Souffs in a first semi-final 3-4 years ago.
It still looked like there were some spare seats in the Ken Arthurson stand. Why doesn't the club reduce the price of tickets there? I've never sat in this stand but I'm told the view is not worth the cost.
they said there was about 18500,there was more than that I reckon,easy

It looked fantastic.

Somehow the flag promotion didn't seem to be as effective.

Earlier in the year it looked amazing with the sea(eagle) of flags being waved maniacally by the rabble in the crowd.

This game it looked like there weren't that many!

But what a crowd!

globaleagle said:
It looked fantastic.

Somehow the flag promotion didn't seem to be as effective.

Earlier in the year it looked amazing with the sea(eagle) of flags being waved maniacally by the rabble in the crowd.

This game it looked like there weren't that many!

But what a crowd!

the flags given out this time were nowhere near as big as the other ones given out previously, which made them harder to see

Thats because the flags were a quarter of the size.

But we preferred this as no one's eye got knocked out - the others are too big for a crowded venue :)

At half time, Goldie had the crowd going, so expect to see new Marketing Photos for 2015.

The Old Shytehouse never looked so good - especially after all the rain we had which made the playing surface emerald green :)

Thank you Mr Ritchie, good story.

Now which one of you nice journalists is prepared to push how good it would be for the NRL and Channel Nine for Manly to have a home final at Brookvale.:idea:

Last year it was a Roosters home game we played, and a double header for 32,747 attendance, with three out of four clubs from Sydney.

divided by 2 = 16,373

Surely we would beat that.:)

I know, I know, contracts with Stadia etc, but the NRL are progressive in their thinking.:rolleyes:

castle eagle said:
forget how it looked, you should have heard the noise when symonds went over for the match winner!
it was awesome
Would have absolutely loved to have been there for that. What a magic moment to finish off the season at Brookie.

It was a long day, up at 430am, home at 11pm and after 65 mins of game time I was thinking " oh well I can still cheer Kingy"

But wow what a finish and yes the noise on the hill......incredible!!

Fantastic atmosphere, the last ten minutes was edge of your seat stuff and to see all the players with Kingy after was moving. They were all in good spirits at the club after signing everything for their supporters. Really makes me proud to be a Manly supporter, I love these guys. :)

Work made it hard to get down to any games this year and I only got down to one. Really glad it was this one, great atmosphere, great result. The way the crowd went up after the last try was fantastic.

All reserved seats were sold out 5 days prior to kick off.

Everyone has their own favourite angle to watch the footy, I think the seats in the KA stand are the best in the house and are priced accordingly.

There hasn't been a game this year where reserved seats haven't sold out.

It was so encouraging to see such a huge crowd at Brookie again, there is nothing like sunday arvo footy with a packed Fortress! Let's hope we can pull more Sunday games next year!

The Who said:

niccipops said:
castle eagle said:
forget how it looked, you should have heard the noise when symonds went over for the match winner!
it was awesome
Would have absolutely loved to have been there for that. What a magic moment to finish off the season at Brookie.

It was nothing short of amazing nicci. And don't worry, I said a big thanks to Kingy for you at the end of the game. ;)

And we are now officially the 18th Man :p :exclamation:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/timekeeper-blames-mistake-in-match-between-manly-and-penrith-on-crowd/story-fni3fbgz-1227044263396
Timekeeper blames mistake in match between Manly and Penrith on crowd
PAUL CRAWLEY THE DAILY TELEGRAPH SEPTEMBER 02, 2014
IT’S a game supported by a billion dollar TV contract but you are not going to believe the excuse the NRL has come up with to explain last Sunday’s timekeeping fiasco at Brookvale Oval.

While all league fans love their Sunday afternoon footy at league’s traditional suburban grounds, it seems the poor timekeeper at Brookie couldn’t call time off during the crucial dying seconds of the all top four match between Manly and Penrith because he couldn’t see the referee.

Penrith captain Jamie Soward labelled it “disgraceful” when crucial seconds were lost during the one-point loss to Manly after the clock wasn’t stopped despite referee Matt Cecchin calling time out.

But an NRL spokesman explained that the reason the clock didn’t stop was because, apparently, the timekeeper had to jump on a chair to see the ref in the corner after Tom Symonds’ match winning try after fans jumped up and obstructed his view. :D

Penrith yesterday just wanted to put the controversial finish behind them and get on with trying to secure a top four spot in this Sunday night’s final round clash against the Warriors while Manly pointed out that the timekeeper was appointed by the NRL and not their responsibility.

It’s the fourth time this year timekeeping stuff ups have led to post match explosions and the two points it cost St George Illawarra against Melbourne could have been the difference between a top eight finish.

But despite all the promises that it would be fixed before now the problems still exist heading into the final round of the season.

The NRL said on Monday it had reviewed the incident and declared: “Because of immense noise from the crowd and slightly obstructed view, there was a delay of approximately 10 to 14 seconds before the timekeeper became aware time off had been called and stopped the clock”.

The NRL said it would now encourage referees to blow their whistles :huh: when signalling time off in similar situations to ensure they can be more easily heard.

Amen to that.

Anyone at Brookie will tell you, that the sound of an F111 on take off, would not have been heard over our cheers.
'Blow that Whistle Ref', is a ridiculous suggestion by someone who obviously does not attend games :sleepy:

Manly - Loud and Proud :exclamation:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8