Broncos team v Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Couldn't agree more Mick.All it does is alienate supporters.I remember a game a couple of years ago where half the team was out after supporters marched up to Gosford.A lot of people take their kids to the footy to see the stars so they deserve to have some idea who is playing.For some reason we seem to make all this stuff an art form for no obvious reason.

I thought this " may" have changed under Toovey.

BOZO said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I guess it's Tuesday before we find out, which suggests to me we have some injuries.

The Broncos have fair side, good ( not great) forward pack, as yet untried halves some rookie wingers, full back who's hot and cold with their only real strike power Hodges / Reed.

We are likely to be fielding some new forwards, have a tried and proven halves combination and could also be fielding some rookie wingers and possibly a stop gap full back ( would Tooves go with Farrer????).

It's not the start we would like either away from home.

Gee I am starting to sound like Mick now!
We have some very promising new players this year and it is an opportunity for them to shine and add enthusiasm to our team . I think its an exciting start for us .

I agree with this but easing 1 or 2 on each week might be preferable to having to rely on 5 or 6 to win games for us

susan said:
Couldn't agree more Mick.All it does is alienate supporters.I remember a game a couple of years ago where half the team was out after supporters marched up to Gosford.A lot of people take their kids to the footy to see the stars so they deserve to have some idea who is playing.For some reason we seem to make all this stuff an art form for no obvious reason.
Don't get your knickers in a knot luv, There is a reason , and that is players are given up to the last day to pass a fitness test .

Heres a tip Bozo. Susan doesnt wear knickers (not that I would know for certain) and doesnt respond to the term "luv".

Jatz Crackers said:
Heres a tip Bozo. Susan doesnt wear knickers (not that I would know for certain) and doesnt respond to the term "luv".
all in good fun, no malice intended , Susan sounds like a good sort :)

BOZO said:
Jatz Crackers said:

OK, your kissing Susan first then.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jatz bolts for exit door.

Jatz Crackers said:
BOZO said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Jatz Crackers , you crack me up lol

BOZO said:
Jatz Crackers said:
BOZO said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Jatz Crackers , you crack me up lol

SUSAN IS ACTUALLY A MALE POSTER!

"You're" :p

Funny forum name but yes can confirm Susan is male!

May have been a smokescreen to foot everyone in the first instance but not me.

Niccipops however IS

I was trying to get the video link to last night's Skynews Sportsline.
They had a feature on Da Wolf. :heart:
He reckons that he is a hot chance of playing against the Broncos :rolleyes:

But the hilarious bit (slightly covered by the newspapers today) was that to get over his injuries he has gone on an all raw diet regime.

Killer literally said, with a straight face 'Yeah, Wolfie's been eating his nuts :p, and now it's good to see him fitter and faster'

The replay of last year's epic tries are now a possibility for Friday :exclamation:

Wolfman in the raw

DAVID WILLIAMS is again living up to his ''Wolfman'' nickname with his new diet. ''It started out only as raw food - that was fun for a couple of weeks. Eating raw steak was fun. Wolves usually eat raw steak so I thought I'd go back to my heritage,'' he said. ''You can have anything raw. Living on raw veges and nuts and steak and salmon, it's good.''
http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-understands-barbas-pain-20130302-2fd2w.html?skin=text-only

Mark over the past decade I can't recall manly naming its team until the Tuesday arvo prior to the game. I don't think this necessarily means injuries. Brisbane have gone off a week earlier than most.

Shoe1 said:
Mark over the past decade I can't recall manly naming its team until the Tuesday arvo prior to the game. I don't think this necessarily means injuries. Brisbane have gone off a week earlier than most.

I agree and the only reason they name them on Tuesdays is for the papers on the Wednesday. Can't work out why Broncos named them about a week ago.

Sheikheagle said:
Shoe1 said:

I agree and the only reason they name them on Tuesdays is for the papers on the Wednesday. Can't work out why Broncos named them about a week ago.

They (Bronco's) held their season launch on Friday night (I was there .....on purely a professional basis I work for them) and they made a big deal out of the "chosen ones" for the opener.

That I imagine is why they went a week earlier

Yes I am aware that it's traditional not to name until Tuesday, I had just thought that given it was round 1 Tooves would have made his mind up already.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6