Broncos players named

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24351636-5001023,00.html

Whats there chances if Hunt, Boyd and Thaiday are charged and unable to play this weekend

THREE high-profile Brisbane Broncos players are at the centre of a police investigation into an alleged sex scandal that has thrown the NRL finals series into chaos.

Broncos and Queensland State of Origin stars Karmichael Hunt, Darius Boyd and Sam Thaiday were allegedly named by a 24-year-old woman in a sexual assault complaint made to police on Saturday night.

League Central: For all the latest NRL news

The three were allegedly engaged in sexual acts with the woman in the toilet of a Brisbane nightclub and she complained to police after one of the players allegedly began filming with a mobile phone.

Paul Kent: Storm clouds on Broncos' horizon

The revelations sent shockwaves through the NRL yesterday, with betting on the finals series suspended while police sifted through the allegations.

The sordid antics allegedly occurred in the toilet of the Alhambra Lounge nightclub in Fortitude Valley after Broncos players embarked on a drinking session to celebrate their victory over the Sydney Roosters the previous night.

Sources told The Daily Telegraph the three engaged in oral sex with a woman in the men's toilets of the Alhambra Lounge after a day of drinking at the Story Bridge Hotel. Two of the players are then alleged to have had sexual intercourse with the woman while the third recorded the acts on a mobile phone camera.

Police said they received a complaint from the woman on Saturday night which was followed up on Sunday with a written statement from the woman alleging she had been raped.

Detective acting Superintendent Tony Duncan said police were "trying to piece together the whole circumstances" surrounding the incident.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen confirmed three of his players had been interviewed by police yesterday.

"As soon as the Broncos were made aware of the allegations, an internal investigation team was formed," he said.

The NRL had been on track for a bumper second finals weekend, kicking off with the Broncos' showdown with title favourites Melbourne on Saturday night.

Police are understood to be angry that details of the investigation were leaked.

Source: The Daily Telegraph

Sounds messy, be interesting to see if they get stood down this weekend. Personally I think they'll play, otherwise Brisbane are screwed. Laffranchi played a whole season with a sexual assault cahrge hanging over his head.

Not for Brisbane he didnt.

they are very strict on this sort of thing. they sack first and ask questions later.

So you think they'll sack 3 of their State of Origin Stars the week before a semi final ?? I doubt it..........remember the Wayne Bennett era is coming to a close, he won't be there next year so the culture is changing.

From a purely selfish point of view I hope they play. I want the Storm to have to face the Broncos at full strength, preferably all the way through double extra time golden point.

Not defending there actions but from the artical it seems the womans biggest issue is one of them started taping this, and the act was something she'd agreed to. Why footballers get involved in incedents like this is beyond me when they know there puting there careers at risk if it goes public and besides that would you really want to stick your dick where your mates has been 2 seconds before???

I have to applaud the broncos for their hard approach to these issues in the past.  But there are only allegations at the moment, i don't think the club or any club would stand down players unless there were charges.  Has the lady even made a charge?  I thought she was just talking to the cops and that's it.

Notice how the leak came from news Ltd paper - more conspiracy theories...........

Fro link said:

they are very strict on this sort of thing. they sack first and ask questions later.

They were happy to sack blokes like Brett Seymour, Ian Lacey etc. Nevilles who have not been missed. Karmichael Hunt (a future captain at the club), Thaiday (best form of his life, easily their most important forward) will be given far more leniency...

The Wheel link said:
Notice how the leak came from news Ltd paper - more conspiracy theories...........

Nah News LTD own them,

If you want a ridiculous theory that defies belief:

Maybe someone aligned with Manly was worried we'd be playing them this week in Brisbane if we lost to St George and knowing the further we advance this year it insures us better return, they hatched a diabolical plan to send a woman of ill repute up there and have the Broncos caught up in a scandal, ensuring if we did play them we’d have an easier chance of advancement.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178437.msg197037#msg197037 date=1221517466]

Nah News LTD own them,

If you want a ridiculous theory that defies belief:

Maybe someone aligned with Manly was worried we'd be playing them this week in Brisbane if we lost to St George and knowing the further we advance this year it insures us better return, they hatched a diabolical plan to send a woman of ill repute up there and have the Broncos caught up in a scandal, ensuring if we did play them we’d have an easier chance of advancement.

[/quote]

Yes I also heard that the girl was sent up by one of our supporters to wreak havoc on the broncos players in case we played them.  I can't name the people involved for obvious reasons but I believe her first name is Lush and that our own wheel was involved.   

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=178437.msg197030#msg197030 date=1221513972]

They were happy to sack blokes like Brett Seymour, Ian Lacey etc. Nevilles who have not been missed. Karmichael Hunt (a future captain at the club), Thaiday (best form of his life, easily their most important forward) will be given far more leniency...
[/quote]

Your on the money there will there's no way they'll sack hunt or Thaiday. Ian lacey's case was different he was caught  smacking some guy out.

I loved the way that whilst no players were named and it was all 'alleged', the actual footage of players shown on the news last night featured Hunt and Thaiday!!!  Bit like the Dogs at Coffs Harbour and Thurston, Sonny Bill ....

This explains how it is possible to get STD's from toilet seats.

Apart from the poor taste shown by the Bonko's players in the choice of venue. The only thing they really did wrong was to record some of the events on a phone, which is the  reason the women complained.

I don't want any of them to be stood down for this, especially as it would make things easier for the Storm.

I want the Storm to suffer a full-strength Broncs who then proceed to smack the crap out of each other. Not much to ask for really....

The Broncs have lost the plot with club discipline. The whole team went on a booze bender from something like 2.00pm and then behaved like drunken louts harassing women, spitting at the public and pushing into taxi queues for hours prior to this incident. After this year my recommendation is that they lose their NRL licence! :)

Utility Player link said:
This explains how it is possible to get STD's from toilet seats.

Apart from the poor taste shown by the Bonko's players in the choice of venue. The only thing they really did wrong was to record some of the events on a phone, which is the  reason the women complained.

I don't want any of them to be stood down for this, especially as it would make things easier for the Storm.

They won't be stood down because the bronco backers no doubt made a large cash withdrawal this morning to give to the the girl to get over the fact that she was filmed. 

That and plus the royalties for the DVD when it comes out. 

The fact is where the **** are their priorities? They know full well they have an elimination final on next weekend and they are out getting pissed and trying to get some skank to suck their wangs.

Are football players still that ****ing stupid???

clontaago link said:
The fact is where the F**k are their priorities? They know full well they have an elimination final on next weekend and they are out getting pissed and trying to get some skank to suck their wangs.

Are football players still that F**king stupid???

Nah they've improved of late, with the likes of Gallen and Carney now being the new role models for an entire generation  ;)

clontaago link said:
The fact is where the F**k are their priorities? They know full well they have an elimination final on next weekend and they are out getting pissed and trying to get some skank to suck their wangs.

Are football players still that F**king stupid???

They always have been and always will be.

It is just that the media now picks up any indiscretion whereas in the past they wouldn't consider it to be news.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6