Broncos future...2014/15

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Signing some attacking stars in Barba & Milford but from recent seasons have lacked stability imo, maybe needing more a general with leadership in the Smith / Thurston category.
These 2 can no doubt create freakish plays but in no way control a game & defensively are below par.
If the salary cap has been chewed up by these 2 which I hope it has to stop the DCE chase, its a more exciting side than the 2013 version but will never seriously challenge as the team still lacks backbone to compete with well structured more solid defensive teams.
If they add Smith in 2015 & they are a fringe top 4 side as a team can be built around him, really doubt DCE is going anywhere.

Milford will be good for them but Barba is a loose cannon and Smith is going back for family reasons and to top up his super.

Won't challenge seriously while their current coach is still there.

The Broncos should be the most hated team in the NRL by the remaining 15 clubs. They don't have any competition in a city of two million, thus they are the only NRL club that is really super profitable. They can choose from the largest number of juniors, yet make many poor decisions - such as letting Barba, Milford, Smith and DCE slip through their fingers. However, once these players have been developed by other clubs, they seem to have a salary cap 'flexible' enough to lure them back.
On top of this the NRL have bent over and allowed Channel Nein to schedule Bronco matches virtually every Friday night, when all other teams suffer from shambolic scheduling and TV appearances.
I dislike the Broncos more than any other club, and it has been my great pleasure to have been at Brookvale North for the past few seasons where the Manly Men defied all odds to beat this protected species.

The Donkeys are news limited filth, pampered, looked after, friendly draw, unliimited cap, where do you think the drizzle learn't to rort the books, Ribot is the common denominator.

Really enjoy it if Manly smashes either of these teams.

Sad to see the Bronc's could not entice another player to walk out on his contract.

Well done Canberra in making Milford see out his obligations.

bones said:
Killer03 said:
Shoe1 said:
The Who said:
The Broncos should be the most hated team in the NRL

I almost agree, but I hate Souths + Canterbury a few percentage points more

Here here! Souths most hated, Dogs 2nd most hated.

That order for me too. Storm and Broncos next.

Dogs for me as a clear first after Desgate. Then Bunnies, Broncs and Storm. Hated the Eels, now I just pity them.

simon64 said:
bones said:
Killer03 said:
Shoe1 said:
The Who said:
The Broncos should be the most hated team in the NRL

I almost agree, but I hate Souths + Canterbury a few percentage points more

Here here! Souths most hated, Dogs 2nd most hated.

That order for me too. Storm and Broncos next.

Dogs for me as a clear first after Desgate. Then Bunnies, Broncs and Storm. Hated the Eels, now I just pity them.

for me its hard to go past the knights, but these other teams mentioned come real close

If anyone seriously believes that the Boncos, Barba and his management hadn't already agreed to terms before the Bulldogs released Barba....then I have a bridge for sale if interested. It only took what, 2 or 3 days after he was released for them to table an offer that was accepted? No negotiating, pretty much accepted straight away. It sounds to me like they had everything ready to go pending his release from the Dogs despite NRL rules that state otherwise.

The Broncos also need to look at their junior program and they need to find out why many of the juniors they let go for various reasons, including the misguided belief that these players will never make it, go on to be much better than what they thought. Seriously, if DCE was 10 years ago he would have been seen as the logical successor to Allan Langer. Fast forward that 10 years and they let him go thinking he had no NRL future. The clubs talent identification is nowhere near what it used to be or should be.

Oh, and in terms of teams I hate in the NRL? There are currently 16 clubs....and I don't like 15 of them.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canberra-raiders/anthony-milfords-canberra-raiders-return-in-doubt-20131129-2yf0i.html

Anthony Milford's Canberra Raiders return in doubt
November 29, 2013 - 7:37AM

Just 48 hours after the Canberra Raiders confirmed star Anthony Milford would return to the club in 2014, reports have emerged that the deal has broken down.

On Wednesday, the club said the 19-year-old rookie would honour his contract in Canberra, before joining the Broncos on a two-year deal from 2015.

News Corp Australia reported on Friday that Milford has no plans to return to the capital, and had told the club he would not be present in 2014.

Milford, who is reportedly on holidays in Samoa, said the club's press release announcing his plans was disappointing and shocking.

"For them to put out a statement, I never expected that to come out," he told The Courier Mail.

"There was no talk of that, I didn't even know they were going to put out a statement. I spoke to [Canberra coach Ricky Stuart] and [Raiders CEO] Don Furner last week and they said they wanted me back on December 16 for pre-season training.

"I haven't given any guarantees."
Milford said he was prepared to sit out the 2014 season if negotiations broke down.

:s NRL needs to define the term 'contract' :idea:

When I see the word Broncos it ignites something in me and I go out and mercilessly slaughter a baby animal.:mad:
Complete lies of course. If I saw an injured baby animal I'd probably give it CPR.
Back on topic. I've had an intense dislike for everything broncos ever since I read that Super League plans began in their board room. We briefly lost our team, having to live through the Beagles debacle.
Their participation in the competition is outright unfair as they play nearly every Friday night giving them a regular 7 day turn around.
They currently still can't manage to win.
My fear is that, similar to souths, they will be continue to receive favouritism until they win another title by any means.
:mad::mad::mad:
All fans deserve a fair competition and this isn't happening at the moment.
That fact that Manly managed to make the GF after their playing schedule last year, is remarkable.:)

CAMBO said:
I hope Canberra make Milford sit out the year. What a Pratt

Totally agree, I hope they make him sit it out too. Can't believe someone who has only played? is it 19 games in NRL is behaving like this, crazy!!

AshfieldBazza said:
CAMBO said:
I hope Canberra make Milford sit out the year. What a Pratt

Totally agree, I hope they make him sit it out too. Can't believe someone who has only played? is it 19 games in NRL is behaving like this, crazy!!

They should make him run water bottles for their Harold Matthews side.

The sooner the NRL sack up and make these idiots honour the contract they signed, the better off we'll be. They should refuse to register his 2015 contract if he doesn't play for Canberra in 2014.

Don't under estimate Brisbane's role in this, they panicked when they realized their recruitment has been weak and have been actively approaching Qld born players under contract with non Qld clubs to play the home sick card to get out of their contracts. They are also been using the newspaper owned by the same organization that owns the broncos to help spin their propaganda. The NRL needs to send a loud message to the broncos that it's not on. But I doubt they will.

CAMBO said:
Don't under estimate Brisbane's role in this, they panicked when they realized their recruitment has been weak and have been actively approaching Qld born players under contract with non Qld clubs to play the home sick card to get out of their contracts. They are also been using the newspaper owned by the same organization that owns the broncos to help spin their propaganda. The NRL needs to send a loud message to the broncos that it's not on. But I doubt they will.

Yep the Broncomail is full of this BS

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4