Broke Vale Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
My first venture out in over a year to Brookie...God it looked good packed.

But a couple of questions.

1. What is wrong with the sound system there....The ground announcer was calling out the players and u couldnt hear a thing.

2. Who turned up the bass....Cant hear the words from any song

3. Where did this ground announcer come from....Around me they were saying stop yelling at us.....He is a pain in the arse....Then he is yelling at the top of his voice whilst Lyon is lining up a kick.

I can put up with the warm beer and cold pie on a sellout....but that was crap.

Well done eagles....another good win

RE: Brrokvale Oval

Frogz the ground announcer is a tosser and we haven't had decent sound on the hill for years. Heard that today was best crowd at brooky since 1997

I just find it odd that you've picked out all the negatives about your experience and posted about it.

Oh i took it the wrong way then apologies Volley if i did.....I had a great day...except for The announcer

captainskin said:
I think he is envious or jealous that you were there.

Envious or jealous? Which one is it captainforeskin?

Frogz said:
Oh i took it the wrong way then apologies Volley if i did.....I had a great day...except for The announcer

I'm glad you did mate. Captain skin was correct.

A guy is raving about our fairy floss on a stick on LU. That's a good sign I suppose for the catering team. You didn't go to Nulla this year. 45 mins to get a cup of hot chips. They were literally cooking as you were ordering, sounds good, fresh etc?? not with 20 orders of chips in front of it lol

Yea, the announcer was kinda annoying sometimes.
His high frequency of calling something paired with plenty of advertising gets on your nerves.
He's not tooo bad, but still.

Over 19,800 people was a fantastic crowd - as we walked around the ground 15 mins b4 kickoff I was pretty surprised at how many people were in the various areas, especially around the family end.

Still, we hardly struck any queues for food, drinks nor toilets.
And we wandered through the centre Hill and even bought a couple of bourbons from that popular bar right in the middle, 10 mins b4 kickoff, and only had a couple of minutes lineup.

So good to see such a sea of varied Maroon & White jerseys, jackets, hats, flags, coats, scarves all around the place - love it.

Most of the staff I saw/interacted with were pretty good too, well done.

Only saw 1 sh*t-for-brains smoking a cigga during the 2nd half several rows away & downwind (thankfully) from us, I looked around for some staff/security to point him out but there were none at the time, shrug.

The Hot Dog was ok, beer & bourbon nice & cold, and the view on a sunny Sunday arvo around the ground wonderful.
Sweet.

The beer hut on the hill sold out of pies half way through toyota cup. Catering was ****e as always but Sunday footy at brooky is always good! 100% enjoyment :)

ssar said:
Yea, the announcer was kinda annoying sometimes.
His high frequency of calling something paired with plenty of advertising gets on your nerves.
He's not tooo bad, but still.

Over 19,800 people was a fantastic crowd - as we walked around the ground 15 mins b4 kickoff I was pretty surprised at how many people were in the various areas, especially around the family end.

Still, we hardly struck any queues for food, drinks nor toilets.
And we wandered through the centre Hill and even bought a couple of bourbons from that popular bar right in the middle, 10 mins b4 kickoff, and only had a couple of minutes lineup.

So good to see such a sea of varied Maroon & White jerseys, jackets, hats, flags, coats, scarves all around the place - love it.

Most of the staff I saw/interacted with were pretty good too, well done.

Only saw 1 sh*t-for-brains smoking a cigga during the 2nd half several rows away & downwind (thankfully) from us, I looked around for some staff/security to point him out but there were none at the time, shrug.

The Hot Dog was ok, beer & bourbon nice & cold, and the view on a sunny Sunday arvo around the ground wonderful.
Sweet.

Thanks Rob Riener,always push your believes onto others it helps the world spin

For the record,i quit last week

RE: Brrokvale Oval

Sheikheagle said:
Frogz the ground announcer is a tosser and we haven't had decent sound on the hill for years. Heard that today was best crowd at brooky since 1997

I don't know where you heard that but there was a Parra game in 2008 that was over 20,000. The Souths final was 19,000+ in 2007 as well. I might be wrong but I am only wrong if the club embellished the numbers in 2008.

Anybody who wants to whinge about Brookie needs to get themselves to an away game.

30 minute beer queues at Cronulla.
Infinate beer & food queues at Gosford. No chance.
Cramped seating at Gosford, Parra, SFS & ANZ.
Half strength, double priced alcohol at Kogarah & Wollongong.
No big screen visability at Parra & Wollongong.
Unavoidable exposure to the elements at Parra.
Binoculars needed to see the game at ANZ.
Ground level, corner viewing at Cronulla & Penriff.
Ancient facilities at Leichhardt.

Brookie is about as good as you'll get these days.

I finally got myself to a game this season, it was my son's first game so I'm glad we got up. I sat on the family hill for the first time in about 20 years and as much as I have to say I would have seen the game much better on tv, the atmosphere was awesome with 20,000 fans. Manly fans are certainly as bad as anyone else, we layed out the picnic blanket about 40min before the game and when some people came to sit beside us one of them asked if we minded if he sat on the corner of our balnket. No worries, the place was getting full and we didn't need the whole thing. By half time, I had been shunned to sitting on the corner while their friends had either taken up space on mine or laid their own blankets on top. Fortunately I managed to claw a bit of space back when they got up at half time. Still, you can't beat a sellout on a Sunday arvo at Brookie, especially when we're piling more pain on the Bunnies.

It was kind of a slow encroachment and by the time I realised how little space I actually had it was nearing half time so I figured I'd wait til they stood up and take it back, which I did. Unfortunately the spot I picked was directly in the landing zone of Sandow's 59th minute conversion and I was lucky that someone grabbed the ball before it landed on my head while I was feeding my son.

Ahh the fact that your son is obviously fairly small may have been a reason for lack of confrontation also. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2