Brisbane set to host 2019 Grand Final

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/07/04/07/00/brisbane-to-take-2019-nrl-gf-from-sydney

Brisbane to take 2019 NRL GF from Sydney

Brisbane is reportedly set to wrest the 2019 NRL grand final from Sydney in a long-awaited coup for Queensland rugby league fans.

The move is dependent on a bid from the Queensland government, News Corp Australia reports, with the NRL in coming weeks to take in offers from prospective hosts for the first grand final outside Sydney.

The league has previously indicated the door is open for Brisbane to host a grand final while ANZ Stadium at Homebush undergoes a $1.6 billion makeover and it's expected two premiership deciders - 2019 and 2020 - will be sold to non-Sydney venues.

ARLC chairman John Grant has previously expressed a desire to bring the grand final to Suncorp Stadium.

But the NRL has agreed to give the NSW government rights to their October showpiece for 20 years once the upgrade is complete.

It's believed Queensland will face competition from Perth, Auckland and Melbourne to secure the event.

Last year, two Queensland-based teams, the Cowboys and Broncos, faced off in the NRL decider in Sydney.

I'd laugh if 2 Sydney teams played in that GF. You can imagine they would be privately hoping for a Broncos vs Cowboys game, though in saying that with Suncorp only able to hold 52,500 any GF there would be a sellout.

As if the NRL would forfeit 33,000 in ticket sales. :rolleyes:

ANZ has already stated that there will not be any reduction in seats during construction. @:cool:

It wouldn't surprise me to see ticket prices hiked up to make up for any shortfall from having the game at a venue that holds (officially) 31,500 less.

I know that Todd greenturd will argue taking the 2019 GF to Brisbane is good for the game but hang on there is a place in Moore park where I think a few GF finals have been played before.

SFS even though outdated a bit in terms of seating and dreadful parking and hard to get home from is still in my opinion a great place to watch footy and should be the venue to host the GF if ANZ stadium cannot be used for 2019 GF.

bring it to Byron ... I hate travelling to Suncorpse

Play the GF at Brookie.
Oh wait a second, it will be 2055 before they start the upgrades if at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2