Brisbane reception likely to be hostile

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Media, ex-players and anyone who's not a Manly supporter are using the brawl to get fans to the game. It's created anticipation and excitement yet they portrayed it as disgusting. FMD

Cambo said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
The reception for our players, and us as supporters is likely to be quite hostile in Brisbane this coming Sunday.

The Bronco (Courier) Mail is doing it's best to incite the 50,000 Brisbane fans who are coming on Sunday, led by the one and only Gordie Tallis, this is his story on the inside back page.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/tallis-slams-sea-eagles-brawlers/story-e6frep5x-1226124863472

Whilst I certainly don't "fear for my life" I think anyone coming can expect a fair bit of vitriol to be thrown in their faces as we walk down Caxton Street and into the Stadium and during the game...and if we lose boy will they stick it to us!!

There's no doubt it will be an emotion charged event so I just wanted to make sure people were aware and ready.

The players (no doubt) will be booed as the enter the arena but I don't think that's a bad thing, and in fact it probably bonds them together even more.

It will be a tough game, especially without a number of key players but I am sure those that are sent into the battle will do us proud.

Stand tall Manly fans, if ever your team needs you to be strong it's now!!

Lets f**k with their heads.

When lockyer runs on lets stand up and appauld and start a postivie lockyer chant.

2 things will happen it will definetly show us as being more classy and i think it would confuse the dumb bastards.

I like it Cambo. Lets do that this Sunday. Then we can offer Lockyer our TAB tickets... ;)

gold maybe we could all get tab tickets and throw them in the air when locky runs out.

Cambo said:
gold maybe we could all get tab tickets and throw them in the air when locky runs out.

that would be as disgraceful as Parramatta fans throwing coins.

Gambling is a horrible addiction that ruins a lot of lives and families. I know many that have gotten themselves into trouble through it, and Locky should not have to put up with that

Daniel said:
Cambo said:

Gambling is a horrible addiction that ruins a lot of lives and families. I know many that have gotten themselves into trouble through it, and Locky should not have to put up with that

Did he ever bet on a game? That would be a sure thing.....

Daniel said:
Cambo said:

dan it would be no different to throwing ripped up newspaper, as happens still in big games.

For the record i still like the idea of cheering him and chanting his name, the broncos drones would have no idea how to react.

Cambo said:
Daniel said:
Cambo said:

dan it would be no different to throwing ripped up newspaper, as happens still in big games.

For the record i still like the idea of cheering him and chanting his name, the broncos drones would have no idea how to react.

Apart from the malicious intent of what you are trying to say/do

Croaky would sure of either shock our laughter, personally I'd rather defenestrate him from the nine building in qld but what can you do

Either everything is ok to make fun of our nothing is

Personally I think Lockyer should be cheered full stop....he doesn't play for us but he's still one of the games all time greats. However how to do you cheer for Lockyer and not the rest of the half wits....so best to do what other sides do....boo them all!!

i really think it would be a good PR thing not that we would get recongition for it if we cheered him.

Cambo said:
i really think it would be a good PR thing not that we would get recongition for it if we cheered him.

Yep, regardless of whatever anyone says he's been one of the greats and I think to do anything to denegrate him would be just plain bad taste.

I am not sure if he's doing a lap of honour but if he is I'd be the first on my feet to cheer him!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6