Brisbane reception likely to be hostile

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The reception for our players, and us as supporters is likely to be quite hostile in Brisbane this coming Sunday.

The Bronco (Courier) Mail is doing it's best to incite the 50,000 Brisbane fans who are coming on Sunday, led by the one and only Gordie Tallis, this is his story on the inside back page.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/tallis-slams-sea-eagles-brawlers/story-e6frep5x-1226124863472

Whilst I certainly don't "fear for my life" I think anyone coming can expect a fair bit of vitriol to be thrown in their faces as we walk down Caxton Street and into the Stadium and during the game...and if we lose boy will they stick it to us!!

There's no doubt it will be an emotion charged event so I just wanted to make sure people were aware and ready.

The players (no doubt) will be booed as the enter the arena but I don't think that's a bad thing, and in fact it probably bonds them together even more.

It will be a tough game, especially without a number of key players but I am sure those that are sent into the battle will do us proud.

Stand tall Manly fans, if ever your team needs you to be strong it's now!!

Sounds like a normal away ground trip IMO - nothing unusual, they just hate us a bit more this week - all good IMO

I doubt it. Sunday will, and should, be about Lockyer. We are just bit part players in the day. No one is going there to boo us, they are going there to cheer for Locky.

Who cares Mark.Always is up there but they lose interest quick when they get behind.Look,they will probably get us but they will know it means nothing as they havent beat us full strength since Sam Thiaday started arriving at the fights a little late.

there will be a blow up somewhere with Hodges on the field.This could be a great little tester for the NRL because Thirdman wont be able to help himself.R26,Sammy flies in-what will they do!

This will help enforce our seige metaility and lift us for the semis.

How good will it be when gallop has to present us with the premiership in October.

susan said:
there will be a blow up somewhere with Hodges on the field.This could be a great little tester for the NRL because Thirdman wont be able to help himself.R26,Sammy flies in-what will they do!

Absolutely nothing,which will re-inforce their double standards.If they haven't done anything about him by now,they never will.Losing "third man in" would jeopardise the fairy-tail GF for "croaky".

Strange things can happen at such emotion charged games (as we saw last fri night)

Brisbane have much to lose if Sam goes over the top in the aggro stakes.

Matai and Choc have to keep it cool and be playing with the finals series in their minds re the aggro. Hopefully Glenn will remind them :idea:

Here's an idea that will either inflame the Brisbane crowd, or give them a laugh.
When we do our warm-ups with start with a boxing session.
I think it would be a light hearted 'jab' at the events of last Friday night.

The Who said:
Here's an idea that will either inflame the Brisbane crowd, or give them a laugh.
When we do our warm-ups with start with a boxing session.
I think it would be a light hearted 'jab' at the events of last Friday night.

Sam Thaiday will sprint across form the Broncos warm up and join in

Mark from Brisbane said:
The reception for our players, and us as supporters is likely to be quite hostile in Brisbane this coming Sunday.

The Bronco (Courier) Mail is doing it's best to incite the 50,000 Brisbane fans who are coming on Sunday, led by the one and only Gordie Tallis, this is his story on the inside back page.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/tallis-slams-sea-eagles-brawlers/story-e6frep5x-1226124863472

Whilst I certainly don't "fear for my life" I think anyone coming can expect a fair bit of vitriol to be thrown in their faces as we walk down Caxton Street and into the Stadium and during the game...and if we lose boy will they stick it to us!!

There's no doubt it will be an emotion charged event so I just wanted to make sure people were aware and ready.

The players (no doubt) will be booed as the enter the arena but I don't think that's a bad thing, and in fact it probably bonds them together even more.

It will be a tough game, especially without a number of key players but I am sure those that are sent into the battle will do us proud.

Stand tall Manly fans, if ever your team needs you to be strong it's now!!

Lets **** with their heads.

When lockyer runs on lets stand up and appauld and start a postivie lockyer chant.

2 things will happen it will definetly show us as being more classy and i think it would confuse the dumb bastards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7