Bring Cherry Evens in now and give him a shot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barry Hyland link said:
Hodkinson did suffer by the forward not being dominant (although in every match they showed signs of it). But I think he is a good defensive player, but not nippy enough. I don;t think he will be the answer to Canterbury's problems.
I agree you can't blame a halfback if the forwards are failing to get over the advantage line, but halves who posses a good kicking game alleviate a lot of pressure on the forwards (bit of a catch22).
It's all a learning curve but I haven't seen signs of either Ballin, Foran or Hodkinson really dominate in successive games this season. Hopefully with a little more time and experience this problem will be rectified. Although I do have concerns Des will go for the defensive option of Foran and Lyon next year because from memory that was his original plan for this season.

susan link said:
100% agree Dan.we are toast so why risk him at all.lets just hope the guys have a dig and go down with the fight we were used to for the previous 3 or 4 years.

You seem to forget in the first game of the finals last year we were smashed 40-6 (or something like that). We gave up that night!

Wasn't it 40-16 Barry down in Melbourne last year?

Some positives and negatives of giving DCE run this weekend. Good to give him his first taste of first grade experience, but what a cauldron to throw hiom into cold!
It could turn out to be absolute hell for DCE and Manly if Bennett aims his heavy cavalry at Daly all afternoon. Steamrollersville  ;)

Hopefully it won't turn out like that but we could end up with a shell shocked busted half back...esp if defence isn't Daly's strong suit as others have mentioned before. Easing Daly more gently into first grade might be the better long term option with a solid off season under his belt and a few warm up games.

maybe not a bad idea when the ships sinking try anything. I dont think Our half 5/8 combination is working any more. maybe Jamie at 5/8 DCE half. put foran in the centres for Matai and Hodko at lock cause our forward pack has been wiped out anyway.

why break a combo up that’s put on a heap of points over the last few weeks, with foran out and nothing to lose it's be nice to see DCE & Seu Seu get a run as 1/2 and 5/8 - they've played a lot of games together this year and have a combo going, why not move TH to lock to strengthen the pack as his defence it great and give these guys a shot, Seu Seu had such potential even last year if he put his hand up and really had a red hot go it could save his career and manlys season - might be the unexpected boost we need.

Despite what myself and others have said in this post, good to see Daly chosen in sunday's squad against Dragons.

All power to him and hope its a valuable experience. Go Manly!!

Yeah the fact that DCE is in the 20-man named squad for this weekend says something to me. I can smell something different from Des. His hands really are tied at the moment, and with Foran almost certain to miss this game, i see no harm in putting him in the starting side. Even if we get beaten bad i don't think that it knocks players around as much as some people seem to think. Everyone says we will get hammered anyway, so there is no real expectations on his shoulders.

It will be good experience for him against a good side. And who knows, he just might surprise.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8