Bring back Toovey/Hasler/Donny

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont ever remember a 2V trained team which wasn't ready for round 1. Pretty sure he got us to a grand final as well. Old School, sure but it was a good, hard and successful school as well.

Anyone see the post from Donny this morning

Donny Singe
3 hrs ·

You know this game is great when you turn up at the opposition ground and the staunch hardened manly supporters show you grace and respect. Thank you for the well wishes and in effect official goodbye from the manly supporters, thank you to the words of encouragement and support from the Canterbury Bulldogs fans. Doggies night last night but your blind if you don't see another special delivery about to arrive in the shape of a football orientated Manly Sea Eagles side in this near future. Hate the war......not the soldier!
As for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, the platform and foundation is being set in what promises to be a very physical and entertaining NRL competition. Good luck picking the September placings with the quality of teams in 2016!
Donny

He is class, pure class

It's incredible that Barrett sacked Donny when he didn't want to leave to hire the Titans strength and conditioning coach.

How fit and fast did the Bulldogs look in comparison to us.
I honestly must have missed the fit and fast aspect. To me they got gifted possession in prime spots time after time.

I also thought at the back ends of halves we looked fitter and faster and were getting metres, we just didn't do anything with it because the combos were all over the shop.

I honestly must have missed the fit and fast aspect. To me they got gifted possession in prime spots time after time.

I also thought at the back ends of halves we looked fitter and faster and were getting metres, we just didn't do anything with it because the combos were all over the shop.
The last 5 to 10 minutes it was the Canterbury players that were stretching their legs and looking really out of it. Our players definitely looked fitter.

I don't think anyone is calling for barrets head yet. But FMD that was awful tonight. We had absolutely nothing & for baz to say we were just too tired in the presser.. You were run around by a bunch of fat forwards... Someone needs to get a grip & fix it up coz when we play a fast mobile side we're going to get spanked big time.
Think it was more their size and enthusiasm which helped them roll foward. Add a 56% possession and completing 35 of 40 sets and we practically gave them all their points think some people on here are getting too carried away after one game. I remember last year Brisbane got spanked by 30 at home in their first game. Long season ahead yet, at least this year we have options with our forwards and can try different players with a bigger pool of support players. Weren't we like 1 from 7 last year anyway. Lets see how we go over the next few rounds before we write off a season before it has even started

Last edited:
The last 5 to 10 minutes it was the Canterbury players that were stretching their legs and looking really out of it. Our players definitely looked fitter.
They had a lot more possession as well. And didn't drop as many balls resulting in defending repeat sets

Our strength and conditioner is a gun. We look way fitter than last year. Everyone in the team is raving about the new strength and conditioning resume and the new plans in place. The players who had niggling injuries look a lot better. Last year they were not managed well and we were busted just like the year before. Look at choc now and foran can't overcome his hamstring worries. Dogs last night had 3 lower body injuries manly finished without any thank god. Matai didn't even clutch at his neck for the first time in ages. A strength coach is not just about fitness but also recovery and injury management and implementing the right training program for each player so they are fit and healthy each week. I think ferris will be ahead of the game in that department. The biggest test will be when we play 3 games in 10 days. What a joke

Our strength and conditioner is a gun. We look way fitter than last year. Everyone in the team is raving about the new strength and conditioning resume and the new plans in place. The players who had niggling injuries look a lot better. Last year they were not managed well and we were busted just like the year before. Look at choc now and foran can't overcome his hamstring worries. Dogs last night had 3 lower body injuries manly finished without any thank god. Matai didn't even clutch at his neck for the first time in ages. A strength coach is not just about fitness but also recovery and injury management and implementing the right training program for each player so they are fit and healthy each week. I think ferris will be ahead of the game in that department. The biggest test will be when we play 3 games in 10 days. What a joke
Matai started limping early in the second half despite having his ankle heavily bandaged at half time. He called the trainer over but decided to stay on. It was to the Team's detriment as his ankle was shot.:cool:
He should qualify for a medical payout even before Choc @:cool:

We lost all three grades by big margins this weekend. Bozo is back.

How long before he is replaced by Peter Sharp? If Graham lowe doing anything these days?

Firstly agree the excuse about interchange losing the game is a stretch...however the issue with sliding defence comes back to the Dogs rolling up field 100 mph, winning the quick play the ball...this is guaranteed to confuse the outside backs, limiting communication & making individual defensive decisions with the player beside them on a different page.
Really comes back to controlling that ruck tempo....
Even I knew that was coming. What was the plan to stop it? Or work around it? Or counter it?
That really is the job of the coaching staff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7