Bring back Toovey/Hasler/Donny

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Men against boys tonight.

Absolute rubbish. Every Manly player was totally dominated physically by their opposite number.

No line speed in defence and dismal attack. Just like last years game against the roosters at brookie.

I thought that the changes this year were supposed to rectify this type of effort?

Last edited:
No

if we dump Barret we will very quickly look like the tigers for ****s sake, we just witnessed was happens when 17 guys who havnt played alot together and havnt had a proper trial go against an established team and coach. We have just done a 5 year remake in 6 months, it will take time! Timing was very off for everyone, give it time and patience. The players looked too excited and pressured and forced to many things.

No

if we dump Barret we will very quickly look like the tigers for ****s sake, we just witnessed was happens when 17 guys who havnt played alot together and havnt had a proper trial go against an established team and coach. We have just done a 5 year remake in 6 months, it will take time! Timing was very off for everyone, give it time and patience. The players looked too excited and pressured and forced to many things.
I don't think anyone is calling for barrets head yet. But FMD that was awful tonight. We had absolutely nothing & for baz to say we were just too tired in the presser.. You were run around by a bunch of fat forwards... Someone needs to get a grip & fix it up coz when we play a fast mobile side we're going to get spanked big time.

It looked to me more to be a problem of cobwebs and new combinations stifling our attack and too much dropped ball leading to easy points for the dogs. Nobody (other than Wiliame who should ever be picked for first grade ever again) had an overly bad game.

I doubt we'll be that abysmal all year, but it might take a bit of time. Starlo and BJ certainly have a good case to push for re-inclusion though.

What was our total tackle count? We seemed to do a lot of defending due to lots of errors and penalties.

It's only round one for crying out loud!!
How did the Cowboys go round one last year?
Fickle!! But still love the passion :)

2008 we lost our first two games, 2011 we were beaten in rd 1. We've been notoriously slow starters in recent years. I'm not panicking just yet.

The Penns must be very nervous after watching that debacle.

They should be nervous. Both the team and the hype around it are entirely of their own making. Oh, and the coaching staff. If it works, they'll take the credit, so if it doesn't, they'll need to cop the blame. It's easy to dismantle something. Much harder to build something new in its place.
Still, now that the, "Gee, haven't we done an amazing job with recruitment? We're the best!" days are over and we're actually playing footy, we should probably give everyone a few more weeks before demanding heads on platters.;)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6