Bretts knee injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Hey guys,
was listening to talkin sport yesterday on 2sm and they commented on Stewarts injury and said that the actual problem with his knee is that its bone on bone in his knee and no cartlidge in there between the bones,didn't sound too good when i heard it.Just wondering if anyone knows much about these sorts of injuries,is there a possible Fix to this problem,did he actually have surgery in the off season?Or is it just something that will hopefully get better over time? or (i hope not) possibly worse over time?

From what ive seen in soccer.. it is quite common. It cannot be repaired as such and the players usually get put on light training schedules to buy more time in there careers. Good example is Martin Laursen.. had similar situation.. was taken to a dr Steadman one of the best in the world had the surgery.. lasted two more seasons. Did it again. Advised to retire at 30.. Brett is younger but i think hes on limited time. Enjoy each time you see him.. without his injuries i have no doubt he would broke the try scoring record. Lets hope we can get 3 more years of injury free brett stewart

Would be very sad to see him go,but all good things i guess have to come to an end some day,if Brett does depart in the next couple of years it would be good to see us tie up Hoppa Jnr when he comes back from his missionary work,for a full time fullback replacement for Brett,i will enjoy every game he plays from now on,i guess only time will tell how many more years he has got left in him,one of the best ever to play for manly,a deadset freak,keep going strong stewy.

chrisos said:
Hey guys,
was listening to talkin sport yesterday on 2sm and they commented on Stewarts injury and said that the actual problem with his knee is that its bone on bone in his knee and no cartlidge in there between the bones,didn't sound too good when i heard it.Just wondering if anyone knows much about these sorts of injuries,is there a possible Fix to this problem,did he actually have surgery in the off season?Or is it just something that will hopefully get better over time? or (i hope not) possibly worse over time?

Yeah, I got some advice for you, stop listening to 2sm for sports medical updates.

All I know, from personal experience, is when certain parts of your body like your joints (hips, knees, back) are injured, strained or not balanced, it creates a lot more stress on muscles that are trying to compensate for those recovering (or unknown) injuries.
So possibly, with Brett's knees still trying to find balance, there will be a lot more strain on his hamstrings.

Look at Bowen, he's back now but after 2-3 seasons of recovery. I just had partial removal of cartlidge and it takes time. Brett's is incomparable to mine. Captain is right, in my readings of some journals, the body has to adjust or compensate for the removals, transplants etc. The medical staff would be careful not placing anything on him to go thru that is too vigorous. Hasn't lost his footy brain eg that flick to DCE though!! May never see that blinding pace but he will be smarter eg lockyer

Stewarts knee injury is chronic, cant be compared with Bowen's or any reconstruction. he had to have his leg rebroken, an operation that no footballer has ever had to play with. he will have to manage the knee for therest of hs career.

despite this it has not been the reason for him missing any matches this season. his hamstring has been the issue and this no doubt this has been because of his long absence out of the game. it doesnt matter whether you talking human athletes, equine ones or greyhounds, the faster ones put their muscles and ligaments under that extra strain that lesser athletes ever do. when athletes get injured and cant train they lose the flexibility. the faster the athlete the more he relies on his flexibility

hopefully when strings half a dozen weeks together the hammy will be right. Manly have the best medical rehab facilities of any club.

Trying to hold certainty about something which is inherently uncertain is a recipe for suffering. Being unconditionally happy is really pretty simple. Fully accept uncertainty and fully enjoy and revel in what-is, as it is, while it is. No strings attached. Sunny days, cloudy days.

EVERYTHING is uncertain, everything impermanent.

Even the careers of our footy gods.

;)

Rex said:
Trying to hold certainty about something which is inherently uncertain is a recipe for suffering. Being unconditionally happy is really pretty simple. Fully accept uncertainty and fully enjoy and revel in what-is, as it is, while it is. No strings attached. Sunny days, cloudy days.

EVERYTHING is uncertain, everything impermanent.

Even the careers of our footy gods.

;)

Thank you Rex. Your viewpoint has enticed me to immediately cease studying the uncertain legal definitions as interpreted by those of the judiciary regarding "termination or recission" as it applies to contract law.

As i look up, it is raining in Noosa. I do not care.

chrisos said:
Hey guys,

That description of his problem is very accurate, this is not a ruptured ACL or medial ligament, which is what most normal reconstructions are..

He does have some cartilage but it is damaged and worn. As part of the surgery they drilled holes in his knee cap in order to improve the blood flow to the joint and help the cartilage to repair. My understanding is that the operation was a complete success, although serious knee problems in later life is likely. The knee will need to be treated with care when training and as such Snake has a limited amount of "full weight" running etc.

The bottom line is he is all good now.

captainskin said:
Who do we blame for these injuries? I know Loti Tuquiri was one, who was the other? ;^)

The other was when he was chasing down Nathan Merritt (Rnd 4, Rabbitohs @ ANZ IIRC?), of course, Brett being Brett, still chased Merritt down & made the tackle.

Brett Stewart don't need no stinkin' cartilage!

He should go and see my vet on collaroy plateau. My dog had the same and a course of injections regrow the cartlidge. Like a new dog now and fast as. Does suffer from bad breath after licking it's bum though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4