1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by jbb/james, Jul 2, 2013.

1. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Champion player, freak of nature but looking very timid. Doesnt look like he is coming back from a hamstring or a chipped bone. Really looked to be avoiding contact of any kind, at all costs. Not his fault the loss

One wonders if the endless injuries are playing on his mind and he is playing to avoid injury

And it wasnt just last night , he has been that way for a while but last night was very obvious. He has to get on top of it or playing half hearted will get him hurt

Im not saying he isnt skilled, what he is worth , whatever. He just looked gun shy and he will be targeted for it

• Like Like x 1
  2. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Yeah solid under the high ball, but thats it......

• Like Like x 2
  3. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Yes but at least he was trying things.

2nd Half : He tried to slice down the middle running fast and would have scored if he'd cracked that tackle.
    He tried a nice chip over the top towards the end. He should keep that up. He'll get his confidence back, just needs to satisfy his needs: ie Score a try or two, and he'll be full of running of the right kind.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    I thought he was terrific and courageous in defence. Took every bomb, diffused every grubber.
    He also ran the ball back at speed.
    Frankly, I thought he was one of our best last night.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    No complaints from me on his performance last night. He is in the midst of the longest dry spell in his try scoring career but I don't believe the blame for that lies directly at his feet.

6. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    His comeback was one of the better things to come out of last night; I thought he did well. Surprisingly well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    It was his first game back and was one of our best, our backs are not the problem, its our lack of go forward, we looked great at the start of the year with Joe G, Fa'oso, Kite and Lawrence all playing well.

8. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I thought Brett was a solid perforner last night, safe under the high ball and cleaned up grubbers, was a whisker away from scoring our first try and did some good things with the ball, its gonna take a week or 2 after such a long lay off, he will be fine.

9. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Don't be bloody ridiculous. Brilliant return from a quality player who'd been out seemingly forever. Give me another 16 with the same heart and quality (different skills and sizes maybe) and I'd be very happy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    He looked like a bloke who had just spent a couple of months on the sideline through injury. Expect now that he has got through a game he can go back to NSW cup.

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    He did drop one bomb, but I thought we should have been given the penalty for illegal contact by Roosters before the ball got to him.

12. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    The first try we scored showed you what we have been missing with out him. It was a trade mark manly try.

13. bigswifty

bigswifty Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    +1 I think it's only now that it is really truly sinking in with some of us what a loss Joe was. Straight, hard, bent the line on every carry.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Bigswifty when we bought Joe G I thought, 'wtf is recruitment thinking??? Recruiting hasbeens'

After a couple of games I took myself into my own bathroom and smacked myself around for 10mins. What a buy he has been for us. Apparently on next to nothing salary wise, and just 10m, 10m, tackle tackle....and no bs.

In terms of value for money he has been one of the best signings Manly has made in recent years.

15. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Wow you really enjoyed the way he played! :p

16. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Killer, if your going to throw yourself around the room, you might want to consider it be a room with soft furnishings rather than hard porcelain & tiles. Maybe a bit of mood lighting too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Nothing wrong with BBQ'ing alone just ask Jimmy Moloney ;)

• Like Like x 1