• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matai was missed also. i don't think we have the depth this year. Putting Ferris in the centres doesn't work for me. Some other sides may have 15 or 16 players who can be in the starting side, manly have 13. Without the best starting 13 and a fair bench, we may not be looking to good on 2012.

No one doubts we miss Stewart...we missed him enormously. 80% of our attacking problems tonight started at fullback.

Trouble is we end up missing him for plenty of games in many seasons even when we sign him.....hes irreplaceable yes but hes rather fragile so its russian roulette with him these days it seems ....and its only going to get worse you would think as he approaches 30.

When he's injured each time he comes back has to rebuild slowly for a few weeks...then as soon as you think hes back.......snap.... start again.

We need him but its russian roulette...

As we all know this year has been seriously interrupted by a change of coach, injuries, suspensions and a constant barrage of contract negotions, all hyped up by the media and including Hasler breaking his promise to Arko by trying to poach Manly players.

Considering all this we are not doing too bad. If I ran the mighty Manly Sea Eagles I would ensure that Snake is signed and announced this week.
This would be the best thing to do prior to the bulldog$ match.
Speculation would be over for the year, we'll have ensured solidarity within the squad and we can get on with the job of finishing the season with a spirited challenge.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I like that plan. Can you please buy the club now. :)

Love to but unfortunately the only thing I could afford to buy at Manly is probably a family dinner at the leagues club. This would be with no peas and extra gravy on the chips.
Come on Eagles. Snake announcement this week!

We sure do miss Brett-but I reckon we never play well without Stevie Matai. He adds so much it is unbelievable. As soon as I seen he was not on the field, I thought we might struggle with both Stewie's out also. Big Big Loss

Mal Cochrane said:
Matai was missed also. i don't think we have the depth this year. Putting Ferris in the centres doesn't work for me. Some other sides may have 15 or 16 players who can be in the starting side, manly have 13. Without the best starting 13 and a fair bench, we may not be looking to good on 2012.

Sorry Mal-I didn't read this!!!

The Wheel said:
Watching this game tonight it shows how important Brett is for us particulary when we get into the 20 metre Zone. We had enough ball to do damage tonight but we just didnt have the finishing touches.

Please re sign him soon

Couldn't agree more! He Create's so many half chances too. Even grubbers put into the in-goal, you could expect to see Brett flying through and scoring from no where. Thought we missed Matai big time as well, Jamie B doesn't have any impact in attack in the centres, and Gifty I think is our best. Would like to see our win/loss ratio when Manly have both the stewerts out! Read also a terrible flu went thru the camp. Just have to get on with next week and defeat the dogs, will be a huge game

Ryan said:
Kevinward777 said:
Absolutely soulless performance tonight. That Newcastle poack is mediocre at best and we got smashed. Farkin piss poor and noiw in the last two weeks we';ve had 56 points put on us and scored 12 against Parra and Newcastle no excuse we are in trouble. Whare showed no committment at all...FARK him off to Penrith now!

Geoff Toovey

Ryan your a goose! With all the suspensions, injuries and unfair draw, Tooves has done a great job! I remember watching the first game of the year with a full side playing against the warriors and thought some of our backline moves looked so fresh and crisp and was really enjoying Toovey's coaching. Did you know if Manly had of won by 12 last night Manly would of been in out right 3rd, only 2 points behind top of the table - the comp is that close this year. Don't think we are doing that bad - wait til the season is over to criticise

We signed the halves , Choc, MB ,Gift & the nucleus of a winning footy team but whatever is left in the cap....just give it to him now.
How important is he??
Against a pathetic Eels team & an average yet determined Knights we have lost by 50+ - 12 on the scoreboard since he left the field.
Make no mistake - Stewart is only a dodgy knee away from being in the same standing as any future immortal.
He is the most complete fullback in the world by plenty & its not just his quality but the desire & determination he brings to the team from the back. The 10 plus 1/2 chances last night are converted into a minimum 6 tries with him out there & they score a max of 2-3, giving us a comfortable win.
Snake signiture while we can.

Last we heard was the negotiations were on hold until after SOO.... well? The sooner we get some news about him the better, as the mood of the playing group will almost certainly improve.

Daddycool said:
Last we heard was the negotiations were on hold until after SOO.... well? The sooner we get some news about him the better, as the mood of the playing group will almost certainly improve.
Good point about the mood, it would be a boost for sure. Maybe he's already signed but they are waiting till he's fit for maximum impact of the announcement.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Daddycool said:
Good point about the mood, it would be a boost for sure. Maybe he's already signed but they are waiting till he's fit for maximum impact of the announcement.

This week would be great for maximum impact.

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Daddycool said:

This week would be great for maximum impact.

Friday morning would be nice.:rolleyes:

I'm sure I recall Rambofan said the announcement would definitely be on a Friday. Oh, wait ...no that was something else.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6