Brett Stewart's passion for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
STAR fullback Brett Stewart has opened up about what the Sea Eagles mean to him in the countdown to tomorrow's grand final against the Roosters.

And he revealed something of the passion he feels for the club that is far more than a place to train and play footy.

Read More

STAR fullback Brett Stewart has opened up about what the Sea Eagles mean to him in the countdown to tomorrow's grand final against the Roosters.

And he revealed something of the passion he feels for the club that is far more than a place to train and play footy.

"Manly has supported me from day dot," Stewart said.

"You know, obviously I have been through some tough times and they have always had my back.

"They have been a massive part of my life."

He said the club felt like family - and that extended far beyond the fact that his brother Glenn is also a teammate at the Sea Eagles.

"The only thing I can do is repay the faith on the field and that is what I am trying to do," Stewart said.

After a frustrating season with injuries it is clear that Stewart is in a good space heading into tomorrow's clash at ANZ Stadium.

"I don't think there is anything more special than winning a grand final with the mates that we have sweated with all year and done a hard preseason with," he said.

"We have won two but, in saying that, if we come up short this week the whole year has been pretty much a waste of time."

And he said the Manly players have always been pretty relaxed.

"Nothing seems to bother us, you only have to have a look today," he said as the players were gathered at Brookvale Oval.

"Everyone's got a smile on their face," he said.

"That's what we are about here - we just like to have fun and enjoy the moment."

And the good news is that.

Stewart has declared he will take the field for tomorrow's blockbuster fully fit.

"The hamstring is good," he said. "It was probably 80 per cent against Cronulla and then got up to about 90-95 per cent against Souths. So I'll be fighting fit this week - 100 per cent.

Manly's Brett Stewart in action during the NRL Preliminary Final against South Sydney.

Manly's Brett Stewart in action during the NRL Preliminary Final against South Sydney. Source: News Limited

The Sea Eagles defied the odds to make the premiership decider and Stewart has his own take on that situation. "No one has really given us a chance all year, to be honest, not even to mention the semi-finals," Stewart said.

"The self belief within the team is massive and I think that's what counts this time of year - and I think it showed on Friday night (against Souths)."

"The belief has been with us all year. Maybe through the media or publicly it hasn't been. And this time of year we really need to thrive on that, I think."

Stewart said the momentous 4-0 loss to the Roosters a fortnight ago provided a glimpse into what to expect in the grand final.

"It is going to be physical," he said. "I think ­patience is a thing we have had all year.

"In the games we are ­patient, we seem to win. So I think that is probably the key for us."

Jon Geddes The Manly Daily http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/brett-stewart-says-the-sea-eagles-is-like-his-family/story-fngr8hax-1226733137201

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6