Brett Stewart's contract APPROVED

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So surely with Brett signing this can be the end of Des Hasler having any effect on the Mighty Eagles. All our Stars have re-signed, our coaching staff are well prepared & we have sponsorship. With the rise in Salary cap and the players who have signed new agreements since his betrayal surely our cap is under control and all contracts are as they appears. the ancient Egyptians had a saying that if you said someones name, he is alive. Hopefully from now on Des can be dead.
Bye Bye Desmond.

tookey said:
bones said:
tookey said:
Lets hope that he isn't out now for a few games with a hamstring injury.

What do you hope he is out with? :p

Niccipops would be hoping that she is out with him
I would shout Brett a quiet beer at a discrete location and give him a little hug to congratulate him on his contract approval and for being awesome for Manly always.

Brissie Kid said:
How many tries did Schubert score for Manly? Before my time so have no idea.

3, but I remember him being very strong in 83 and was especially good in the kb cup night games. Stepped up a gear.

The Who said:
If the Shoe fits it seems the cap fits.
Best news since we shifted T-Rex to the Dogs.

Oh it fits alright

niccipops said:
tookey said:
bones said:
tookey said:

I would shout Brett a quiet beer at a discrete location and give him a little hug to congratulate him on his contract approval and for being awesome for Manly always.
Discrete lol

manlyfan76 said:
So surely with Brett signing this can be the end of Des Hasler having any effect on the Mighty Eagles. All our Stars have re-signed, our coaching staff are well prepared & we have sponsorship. With the rise in Salary cap and the players who have signed new agreements since his betrayal surely our cap is under control and all contracts are as they appears. the ancient Egyptians had a saying that if you said someones name, he is alive. Hopefully from now on Des can be dead.
Bye Bye Desmond.

I'm sure the bogan brigade of Rothtool , Ritchie, K*nt and the Talkin' Dogs clowns will find something to try and tear us down. They can't go too long without a sky is falling Manly story or they'll be out of their weasel words jobs.

Shoe1 said:
Discrete lol
Hate it when I do that :rolleyes:! A Year 2 pointed out that I wrote 'Thurday' on the board today. Oh well I'll tell myself a little in class and online humiliation is good for the soul.

Shoe1 said:
Well it's a real word at least!

True and I may want to meet him at a location that's separate or distinct in form or concept, in preference to a place that's intentionally unobtrusive:p.

Now the drama Queen Dean Ritchie can focus on Ben barba and the Derailed Dogs .

Larissa said:
Schubert actually won player of the series for the '83 midweek competition. True Story!

Those were the good old days when we were cashed up and there was no cap. We had the best squads money can by and internationals in reserve grade

niccipops said:
tookey said:
bones said:
tookey said:

"A little hug"

So that's what they are calling it nowdays. Good to know.

Also, good to hear the great news (about Brett) but I'm just not surprised at all.

Go Manly! Great CLUB.

Congrats to Snake & the club! 4 more years, long live the Prince of Brookvale!! :)

From the DT this morning;

A $60,000 fine for breaching last season's salary cap shapes as Manly's price for finally registering Brett Stewart's contract.

In a complex set of negotiations with NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert, Sea Eagles officials were given a choice over which punishment to accept in exchange for Stewart's four-year deal being ratified yesterday.

The dilemma involved Schubert having an issue with the two-year contract of former Manly star Tony Williams, who exercised an option to join the Bulldogs this season.

The second year of Williams' Sea Eagles contract, for 2013, was wildly back-ended compared to what he earned last season.

Schubert felt the contract was framed suspiciously, and demanded $60,000 be added to Williams' notional cap value for 2012 to reflect his worth as an Australian and NSW Origin representative.

Because Manly were right on the limit of last year's $4.6 million limit, the excess amount will result in a fine for breaching the cap.

The club's other option was to release more players, with utility Ben Farrar believed to be the main candidate.

If true, how in the world does Schubert accept a back-ended, 2-year contract in the players favour in the first instance, then decide 12 months later that he didn't like it and then punish the club retrospectively?!?!??

Not sure on how to read the report in the Daily Telecrap.
Firstly, it's reported by the Telecrap. If it was from another source, I'd have accepted it but because it's News Ltd, I guess I can question it.

Is this the first time we've breached the salary cap? Therefore it is important that we have the correct 'news'.

The important thing is, that we have Brett's contract registered!

Funny how reports from them, had Kitey & Gorgeous George waving goodbye on the Pittwater Road bus-stop.... but today it's now Astro Boy Benny Farrar ready to say goodbye.

I understand it's a complicated process but I would be a lot more convinced if it was stated by the maestro, David Perry, and not the hacks from the DT.

Normie said:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Brett-Stewart-ready-for-2013/69061

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have today received confirmation that all outstanding NRL contracts will be registered by Round One

What a club Manly is. Our players don't just have contracts......they have outstanding contracts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6