Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Just a thought now Gifty is off to the Catalan Dragons that next year may be Bretts last at Manly and he'll request a release to join him in '17 over there

He'd be mad if he didn't. I'd jump at the chance. Didn't he just announce a one year extension for 2017 ?? he should have waited 3 weeks

Stranger things have happened but he only just a couple of weeks ago signed an extension. Has this development all occured in the meantime and we may see Snake head off earlier?

Surely snake would have known what he was up to a long time before now

Snake wants one more year to try to get 19 more tries. He will really 'go for it'. Which will be good for the.club, and our semi final chances.

So what is a contract anyway. They all come and go as they (or club management) want now.

He's still one of the best fullbacks in the NRL. I'll cry the day he leaves us.

His defence and try assists are the best in the league. Not to mention he was back to his tryscoring best or very near to it this year.

He'll be able to teach Tommy T plenty in the next 2 years and Tom won't find a better mentor.

I hope he does get that extension to 2017. It won't cost us Tom. He'll stay with us as will Jake as they're Manly through and through.

I think the one year extension was a good idea and good insurance. It shows to Snake he is wanted, appreciated and valued. If things work out as we expect ie abundance of back up fullbacks by the end of next year then he may find it easy to get a release. He would also go with a top up to pay a club. The contract may be an extra year (2018). Otherwise if things do not pan out with players (injury etc) he may be desparately needed for 2017 and we have a great fullback for that year.

Just my thoughts.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4