Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
I hope that we can enjoy the off season and a few players can find peace with decisions made by the head coach and to a lesser extent the board. I hope we come back truly united as we were when we won the gf in 2008 and 2011. Just watched those gf's back and the passion from our players were awesome. I guess much depends on Brett staying and damn I hope he does.

I feel we still have a good roster and do agree with all posters that we need a few bookends. I don't see a bad season ahead only a challenging one if we cannot land a good forward or two. It will also be great to see youth being injected and that players honour their contracts, however not at the expense of team harmony.

As I mentioned before, I will enjoy the off season even though the media will soon realise that their circ. is falling so rehashing anti Manly feeling will lift floundering sales.
I think we should place a ban on any hack who sees Manly bashing as a good read. If we don't talk about it his embellished opportunist story becomes this afternoon's fish and chips wrapping.

I hope Brett stays. He's just a class player. But I also hope he (and any others) only stay because they want to be here. I do think at times Brett's mind seemed to be on other things, which I think is completely understandable. But the off season is now the place to sort this out and move forward.

Whilst I do think we need a good solid front rower, this years comp has really shown that the teams are very very even. And just a shift in attitude or complacency or whatever each week of a few percent can be the difference between a Top 4 finish and finishing outside the 8.

mozgrame said:
I love snake! Err, I mean....I love the snake!! Dammit!

Are you sure you didn't mean to post that in this thread? :p http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-News-Classy-Souths-Fans

Poola said:
I hope that we can enjoy the off season and a few players can find peace with decisions made by the head coach and to a lesser extent the board. I hope we come back truly united as we were when we won the gf in 2008 and 2011. Just watched those gf's back and the passion from our players were awesome. I guess much depends on Brett staying and damn I hope he does.

I feel we still have a good roster and do agree with all posters that we need a few bookends. I don't see a bad season ahead only a challenging one if we cannot land a good forward or two. It will also be great to see youth being injected and that players honour their contracts, however not at the expense of team harmony.

As I mentioned before, I will enjoy the off season even though the media will soon realise that their circ. is falling so rehashing anti Manly feeling will lift floundering sales.
I think we should place a ban on any hack who sees Manly bashing as a good read. If we don't talk about it his embellished opportunist story becomes this afternoon's fish and chips wrapping.

The decision wasn't Tooves.
It's easy for some at the Club to point the finger at Tooves now.
From what I've heard, Tooves had to run with the decision made for him about Gifty.

Ramrod said:
Poola said:

The decision wasn't Tooves.
It's easy for some at the Club to point the finger at Tooves now.
From what I've heard, Tooves had to run with the decision made for him about Gifty.

The retention committee is Perry/Warwick/Tooves and Steve Gigg

NONE are board members !!

MadMarcus said:
mozgrame said:
I love snake! Err, I mean....I love the snake!! Dammit!

Are you sure you didn't mean to post that in this thread? :p http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-News-Classy-Souths-Fans

Haha! No mate, I prefer my Snake to have a full set of teeth. The South's ones owners are usually reduced to just fangs. lol

Mark from Brisbane said:

@recruitment_manager , would you please post a detailed explanation as to why the retention committee declined to offer Gift a contract?

MadMarcus said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

@recruitment_manager , would you please post a detailed explanation as to why the retention committee declined to offer Gift a contract?

Because we need forwards not ball players and South's require a right side ballplayer and not forwards.

We also need funds to retain or bid for halves throughout 2015 or we could just ignore the Salary Cap and keep everyone old school style.

Or use the cap as a soft excuse and not man up to the obvious reasons.

Technical Coach said:
MadMarcus said:

Because we need forwards not ball players and South's require a right side ballplayer and not forwards.

We also need funds to retain or bid for halves throughout 2015 or we could just ignore the Salary Cap and keep everyone old school style.

Or use the cap as a soft excuse and not man up to the obvious reasons.

SPRUNG!! @Technical_Coach you forgot to login as @recruitment_manager !!

(on a more serious note I agree with your explanation)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6