Brett stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
No doubt Slater has done some questionable things (including some iffy performances) however , overall, you can not compare their records at the pinacle of the game - State Of Origin

Slater has put in a number of match winning performances, where as Brett has yet to show his true potential on the same stage

go back and watch game 2 from 2008 and see how well Brett played in a comprehensively beaten side. Easily the best NSW player on the park, and probably the difference between a 30-0 and a 50-0 scoreline. And his reward for that was to be demoted to the bench for the hack in Gidley.

Since then what opportunities has he had? Slater made his name for himself when Brett was injured. And he took it with both hands.

I can compare them at another pinnacle of the game - premiership winning teams. Brett has played in 3 and won 2. Billy had played in 4 and won 0.

One game where the team got lapped.

As for the premierships that is a joke - he played in winning teams that then got stripped (it is not like he never played in a GF)

I love Brett and think he is an amazing player. Is he better than Slater? hard to judge but slater has been playing since 2006(??) and has turned more games than Brett

That chip and chase try etc

southsideeagle said:

Dropping bombs and passing to people in the 3rd row of the stands.

As for his knee injuries and long term fitness. Sure its a concern, but there have been plenty of players who have managed knees during the week and still turned up game after game, year after year.

On the comparision between Slater and Snake. I think what gets most people hating Slater is how the media seem to be totally oblivious to his mistakes. His biggest asset is he has an ability to make something simple look spectacular whereas Snake does the opposite and it seems to pass commentators by. I think a Snake career highlight reel would stack up very well with Slaters. That being said, I don't think there is any doubt that Slater is a better kick returner, or at the very least more dangerous. He also is better at getting to long distance kicks on the full, other than that though I'd declare Snake better in most other fullback areas.

Slater makes errors which are covered up by his braying adorers. Brett does not make errors.

Slater had a shocker in Origin 1 this year. He dropped plenty of high balls and was rated to have a better game than Snake by all the so called experts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMw8TBfsUU

Brett Stewart didn't throw away a world cup as Slater did.

I supppose bottom line is who do selectors think is best? Who plays fullback for Australia. I'm sure the selectors know much better than us.

League Unlimited on best fullback: I'd swap Brett for Bowen though!
1. slater (storms)
2. inglis (souths)
3. bowen (cowboys)
4. stewart (manly)
5. hayne (parramatta eels)
6. dugan (raiders)
7. barba (bulldogs)
8. coote (panthers)
9. hoffman (broncos)
10. minichiello (roosters)
11. boyd (knights)
12. morris (dragons)
13. locke (warriors)
14. zillman (titans)
15. moltzen (tigers)
16. gardner (sharks)

The Who - I said who I have seen the langilands and jack etc I havent seen lol and even still I think he definitely is up there. Any time someone gets through the line more often than not he mows them down or puts his body on the line and stops them. Alot to do with his positional play aswell to, as he gets himself in a position to make the tackle other fullbacks may not even get the chance. He doesnt have the errors in his game like slater does I'm obviously bias but I don't think you lose a thing picking Stewart over slater. I'd pick the prince In my team.Kick returns slater is electric,also to throw a spanner in the works how about Greg Inglis at fullback he is a machine. . My opinion.

At their peaks I'd say they were equal. Slater's best now is probably slightly better than Brett's best now, and that's only because of Brett's injuries. But Slaters worst is a lot worse than Brett's.
I would choose Brett in my team any day of the week.

bennyeagle said:
Just heard on the radio that him and Gallen sat out training today with niggling knee injuries. Is it somewhat of a concern to anyone else that Brett will never be 100 % with his knees, SOO will be a tough period for him, considering he hasn't played this amount of footy in a long time, love the snake, and even if not 100% fit is still the most potent attacking player this game has seen ! Just a worried/concerned fan !

Brett has shown tremendous determination and commitment to come back and play a key role in another premiership and now win back his rightful spot as NSW fullback as well.

No point bemoaning things that have happened, just be glad the current version is still an out-and-out matchwinner just as he is. Yes he has to be managed shrewdly, but it's worth it.

Slater must be twice the player Brett is because Brett only gets one pay cheque and Slater gets two.

lsz said:
I love Brett and think he is an amazing player. Is he better than Slater? hard to judge but slater has been playing since 2006(??) and has turned more games than Brett

That chip and chase try etc

Slater debut in '03 and had a full season under his belt before brett became a regular 1st grader in '04.
He's also played almost a hundred more games than brett (including rep games)

He's had much more opportunity to 'turn more games'

Mals said:
Clint said:
I'm with Eagle Eyed Cherry.
Right now at this point in time, I think Billy Slater is going better than Brett.
That doesn't mean that I don't think that Slater isn't a cat & a grub. Because I do.
But if I had to chose a team, to play for my life, Slater would be at no.1 ahead of Brett.

But that said, I hope Brett cuts him a new one on Wednesday night.

If I needed either to "tackle for my life" I would choose Brett.

I would choose Balin

Life is a funny thing, Brett has knee problems slater uses his knees. Brett is a nice honest man and gets percicuted. Slater is a cheat and gets multiple pay checks. Go figure.

manlyfan76 said:
Life is a funny thing, Brett has knee problems slater uses his knees. Brett is a nice honest man and gets percicuted. Slater is a cheat and gets multiple pay checks. Go figure.

Its not just all about on field deeds. Its about the man.

With whom would you go for a night out ? Brett. Who would you bring home to help you 'fix the deck' or paint the house ? Brett.

Who would you choose as a travelling mate, to help you in a difficult spot, show loyalty and back you up ? Brett.

Who would you rather see 'score a match-winner' and deliver the big smile ?? Brett or Billy S. ? You know who.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
manlyfan76 said:

Its not just all about on field deeds. Its about the man.

With whom would you go for a night out ? Brett. Who would you bring home to help you 'fix the deck' or paint the house ? Brett.

Who would you choose as a travelling mate, to help you in a difficult spot, show loyalty and back you up ? Brett.

Who would you rather see 'score a match-winner' and deliver the big smile ?? Brett or Billy S. ? You know who.

Your post reminds me of the Monorail episode from the Simpsons

The 12 guys up the front want reliability & safety, not a sizzling hot - freezing cold # 1 at the back.
Not gunna knock Slater as dirty or crap, he is an electrifyng player imo, Brett is simply a better allround fullback, even at 80%.

voicefromthehill said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
manlyfan76 said:

Your post reminds me of the Monorail episode from the Simpsons
Doh ! . . . . .(I enjoyed that episode). Brett has suffered and has humility. Billy (Graham) Slater is an arrogant piece of work.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7