Brett stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
Just heard on the radio that him and Gallen sat out training today with niggling knee injuries. Is it somewhat of a concern to anyone else that Brett will never be 100 % with his knees, SOO will be a tough period for him, considering he hasn't played this amount of footy in a long time, love the snake, and even if not 100% fit is still the most potent attacking player this game has seen ! Just a worried/concerned fan !

My understanding is that is what has been happening for a year or so now. It's managing the existing issue to ensure nothing is exacerbated. Would love him to have 2 good knees, but alas..

Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
bennyeagle said:
and even if not 100% fit is still the most potent attacking player this game has seen !

Slater is better.

Lol Slater is better, Brett had 2yrs out of the game basically you can say 2009 2010 weren`t even seasons for him & yet he still averages more tries for games played then slater ever can..
it`s almost like a LOTTi (that statement)

jjai said:
Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
bennyeagle said:
and even if not 100% fit is still the most potent attacking player this game has seen !

Slater is better.

Lol Slater is better, Brett had 2yrs out of the game basically you can say 2009 2010 weren`t even seasons for him & yet he still averages more tries for games played then slater ever can..

Pedantic I know, but Brett's average is not impacted by his absence from the game

Its not but i guess he means Slater had more time to improve the record and couldnt while Brett was out of the game. Brett possibly having those 2 years in the game could of also improved his record even more!!

voicefromthehill said:
jjai said:
Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
bennyeagle said:

Slater is better.

Pedantic I know, but Brett's average is not impacted by his absence from the game

No But if he had them 2yrs back & fully fit ppl wouldnt even be mentioning Slater & him in the same sentence Brett was the incumbent test fullback Nsw fullback he was on top of the world till that bitch f**ked him up..

jjai said:
voicefromthehill said:
jjai said:
Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
bennyeagle said:

Slater is better.

No But if he had them 2yrs back & fully fit ppl wouldnt even be mentioning Slater & him in the same sentence Brett was the incumbent test fullback Nsw fullback he was on top of the world till that bitch f**ked him up..

Correct Haz, take slater out of the game for 2yrs & see how well he would go when he comeback

If Manly didnt have Brett Stewart there would be no premierships in 2008 and 2011.

The Storm have had Slater and still have no premierships.

southsideeagle said:
Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
bennyeagle said:

Slater is better.

at what?

Telling the opposition team's fan's children to "F*** Off" (something that I'm sure that Brett would never do).

Not only Snake's try scoring record but from the fullbacks who I have seen,he would have to be up there for one of the best defensive fullbacks aswell.

No doubt Slater has done some questionable things (including some iffy performances) however , overall, you can not compare their records at the pinacle of the game - State Of Origin

Slater has put in a number of match winning performances, where as Brett has yet to show his true potential on the same stage

I'm with Eagle Eyed Cherry.
Right now at this point in time, I think Billy Slater is going better than Brett.
That doesn't mean that I don't think that Slater isn't a cat & a grub. Because I do.
But if I had to chose a team, to play for my life, Slater would be at no.1 ahead of Brett.

But that said, I hope Brett cuts him a new one on Wednesday night.

Clint said:
Right now at this point in time, I think Billy Slater is going better than Brett.
That doesn't mean that I don't think that Slater isn't a cat & a grub. Because I do.
But if I had to chose a team, to play for my life, Slater would be at no.1 ahead of Brett.

If I needed either to "tackle for my life" I would choose Brett.

I'm as one-eyed as all of you, but I acknowledge that Slater is the most electrifying attacking fullback I have seen in 50 years, shading Brett, Langlands, Mullins, Jack etc. But he is nowhere near the best defensive fullback. I regard Wombat and Les Johns the best two in defence.
But it is all subjective.
That doesn't mean I like Slater, I just fear him when he plays Manly and NSW.

I just called it as i see it. I love Snake & he's up there as one of Manly's finest ever but Billy Slater is a pure freak of nature. If people can just briefly put aside the fact that they may think he's the most evil human since Heinrich Himler and watch some of the things he does on a footy field they'd acknowledge that.

Mals said:
Clint said:

If I needed either to "tackle for my life" I would choose Brett.

Or catch a high ball, Snake everyday of the week. In defence and under high ball Snakes got it all over Slater. Also better ball player as well.

Dont care how good Slaters goin I'd never pick him ahead of The Prince. Never.

Brett has played well consistently with a whole heap of good and also crap halves, at both Manly and at the top level.

Slater has had Cronk as his main man and they have played together for eons together. That is what makes them so potent - their combination and understanding.

We are comparing apples with watermelons. Different types of players - Slater may well be the better attacking fullback at present (and some are calling him the best of all time) but I know who I would rather have at No 1 in a Manly jersey!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6