Brett Stewart wants to stay at Manly— for at least three or four years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The same was said about Minichello at the roosters and look at Rober tuivasa shock now! Snake can mentor the younger brigade and even switch between wing/fullback and share the work load!
He is a true manly legend and I think he would know better than anyone when he has nothing left to give.

As good as 4 more years sounds in theory, we've probably regretted every extension we've done with the older guys this past year. Pushing Matai, Ballin and Lyon all out till 2017 in hindsight wasn't the best move.

At no point does snake claim a desire to stay in Maroon and White. Foran is gone to the Roosters my friends and that has prompted this statement. Snake is quite simply a freak. The best fullback ever in my opinion. Yet his time there is done. I hope mwse have the foresight to sign him for 2 years at 5/8 and allow him the chance to prove what i am thinking. D Lockyear made the same move around the same age for the same reason. Turbo cannot be denied the same way hop jr was. Because he grew up wanting to be Brett Stewart. The thing we all know is he is a chance to eclipse our favourite son. Life and footy is about continous improvement and evolution. I have no doubt snake will be our 5/8 for 2-4 years. Mentoring his successor will feed him in a way he doesnt get yet but he knows at the same time. If piss ants like bla bla and milf whored can make the transition why cant the greatesy fullback of all time. Deadly pass, speed, defence and vision. Snake for life let Forlorn go keep the King of the castle and fark the neighbours. I will never turncoat and i hope men likenthe Snake feel the same way. Manly to win.

At no point does snake claim a desire to stay in Maroon and White. Foran is gone to the Roosters my friends and that has prompted this statement. Snake is quite simply a freak. The best fullback ever in my opinion. Yet his time there is done. I hope mwse have the foresight to sign him for 2 years at 5/8 and allow him the chance to prove what i am thinking. D Lockyear made the same move around the same age for the same reason. Turbo cannot be denied the same way hop jr was. Because he grew up wanting to be Brett Stewart. The thing we all know is he is a chance to eclipse our favourite son. Life and footy is about continous improvement and evolution. I have no doubt snake will be our 5/8 for 2-4 years. Mentoring his successor will feed him in a way he doesnt get yet but he knows at the same time. If piss ants like bla bla and milf whored can make the transition why cant the greatesy fullback of all time. Deadly pass, speed, defence and vision. Snake for life let Forlorn go keep the King of the castle and fark the neighbours. I will never turncoat and i hope men likenthe Snake feel the same way. Manly to win.
Snake is already 30. Lockyer moved to 5/8 at 26. I think there is a massive difference. I also doubt snakes body can handle 20 plus tackles per game.

WTF??

I do have to say, Snake has been very good at managing his injuries. Despite suffering from 3 season ending injuries and having to deal with diabetes, he has given us more time on the field than I would expect from most other people in the same shoes.

Typo alert "... can still stiff out a try".
I get stirrings for a Snake try as much as the next supporter but thanks to Geddes and the MD for clearly announcing it!
I'll never say the Prince of Brookie doesn't have 4 more years but that is a big commitment.
hahaha,you beat me to it Manlybacker,stiff out a try,that might be a new thing

I really cant see Tom not being in the 1 by 2017 & I'm a massive Stewart fan.
Snake has an ingredient more important than the highlight reel & thats his communication with the front line that is above ANY other 1 in the game.
He will continue to support & his leadership & qualities can never be denied , he is a true Manly legend...however , I really think to go out as the champion tag he has earned, it will be time to say goodbye inside 4 years.
Its gold to have such a talented star in the making in Tom Turbo who may still show signs of not yet, but give him 12 months & he will be at another level & ready to take Manly into the future.

Last edited:
Slater works more off the ball than any fullback in attack, sniffing around the ruck for an inside ball or 2nd phase play, but make no mistake, Brett Stewart is well ahead of him defensively & that includes his organisation & tackling ability - without the boots....

Slater is by far the best No1 in terms of communication at the back. As much as I've loved Brett and he's been a freak, Billy has been that one step ahead all his career.
If Brett had not been cut down in his prime with injuries I think he would of gone on to eclipse Slaters rep tally.

Slater is by far the best No1 in terms of communication at the back. As much as I've loved Brett and he's been a freak, Billy has been that one step ahead all his career.
Are you a rugby convert? Any league fan knows slater cant catch, leads with his foot in goal line defence and is an all round pussy in one on ones. You have taken the beavers name in vain. Go have a line out and stop pause bend engage yourself in the sport you are commenting on.

Snake is already 30. Lockyer moved to 5/8 at 26. I think there is a massive difference. I also doubt snakes body can handle 20 plus tackles per game.
Lockyear was on the gear and was a middling custodian. Snake is the greatest fb who ever lived. Age shall not weary them. Who is our leading try scorer this season. I dont need to look it up champ

Notwithstanding how great he has been for Manly, think he should be a yearly contract from here if possible.
Do we want to advertise to Tom T and Clint Gutherson that they will have to wait that long for a shot at fullback. Also Hiku's best position is fullback.
Hard decision guys.........

Lockyear was on the gear and was a middling custodian. Snake is the greatest fb who ever lived. Age shall not weary them. Who is our leading try scorer this season. I dont need to look it up champ

I think you are slightly downgrading a player like Lockyer who won the golden boot at both 5/8 and fullback.

I'm not arguing that Snake is a great fullback, I rate him as our greatest ever (didn't see enough of Wombat), and think injury has robbed him of being regarded as the greatest FB of his generation. My point is that moving him to 5/8 will see him doing 20+ tackles a game, which I don't personally believe his body is up to.

Snake has stopped tackling.
Manly can't afford to cover his workload for this year, let alone another 4 @:cool:

Snake has stopped tackling.
Manly can't afford to cover his workload for this year, let alone another 4 @:cool:
Absolutely Sick and Tired of your unjustifiable Anti Brett Stewart posts. They are an embarrassment to these forums. No one needs to defend Brett ~ but as a reminder : his 12 yr, 156 try, 100 try saving tackle, 200 try assist career speaks for itself.
2Nd only to Bob Fulton in attacking prowess, wake up to yourself - you dont know what you've got till ITS GONE.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4