BRETT STEWART TO SIGN WITH DRAGONS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well a different version of the get-out story! First time it was coach leaving was the get-out. They got that wrong. Now they seem to be saying Manly have not come good on a 3rd party deal. Maybe that's the 3rd party's fault not Manly's. But as we all know that's how Gasnier got out his Dragoons contract to fly away to $ in France.

Lol. What has being a member got to do with it?

wizball1973 said:
Napper said:
wizball1973 said:
Total rumours of players leaving since Des fled: Plenty

Total players lost since Des fled: None

Total players off contract in 2011: None

Total players off contract in 2012: Plenty

You: Being silly.

For a member, you sure are a dick.

Brissie Kid said:
Rothfield said on this Telegraph blog today that he can't see Snake not playing with his brother. Then further down he says Gift has a get-out clause as some 3rd party deal in current Manly contract hasn't worked out.
Rothfield is full of ****. The club took Glenn's contract to Schubert and its watertight.

Rothfield and Ritchie get their info from a trouble making former employee Who is full of a massive amount of ****.

Napper said:
Lol. What has being a member got to do with it?

wizball1973 said:
Napper said:
wizball1973 said:
Total rumours of players leaving since Des fled: Plenty

Total players lost since Des fled: None

Total players off contract in 2011: None

Total players off contract in 2012: Plenty

You: Being silly.

For a member, you sure are a dick.

My member is my dick. Just saying ;)

As a side note those sneaky scum at belmore are still trying to entice foran to activate clause it seems Keating being shopped around as we speak.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
Rothfield said on this Telegraph blog today that he can't see Snake not playing with his brother. Then further down he says Gift has a get-out clause as some 3rd party deal in current Manly contract hasn't worked out.

So the hacks are still going with the get out clause story

Glenn has a watertight contract now and only way out is for Manly to release him on compassionate grounds

Yeah and didn't Hasler have a water tight contract? If a player wants out they stop putting in

Lester 12 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

Glenn has a watertight contract now and only way out is for Manly to release him on compassionate grounds

Yeah and didn't Hasler have a water tight contract? If a player wants out they stop putting in

Hasler was sacked, his contract was terminated by the club.
If Glen has a problem with his third party agreement, that is between him and the party concerned, not the club. It probably won't be grounds for him to walk out on his contract, but if he does he probably won't be able to play for another NRL club.

Lester 12 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

Stop putting in? What like the Bunnies in last 5 minutes on Monday night? Lol

Cambo said:
My member is my dick. Just saying ;)
I used to get kicked out of a lot of clubs with " Members Only" signs outside. Naturally I thought you had to take your pants off before entering.

Cant see any NRL teams offering him big money. He is worth big money but he wont get it. Only big offers will come from super league and I don't think he would go on his own.

I'm predicting signs a 1 year contract with the eagles for around 350k and an option for a second year. Then will look for bigger money with his brother as a package when the new TV deal is done.

Daniel said:
arty said:
niccipops said:
Whatever happens re. Snake remember that Melbourne retained their stars by cheating the cap. Manly wins comps the honest way and often facing adversity. We'll lose some stars, rebuild and find ways to win as history proves.

Depends on quality recruitment. Otherwise back to Northern Eagles days..

Even though we have lost Crusher, I think we still have some of the best scouts, recruitment team and development team in the business. This is not a concern.

The biggest concern is, how many Brett Stewarts come along in a lifetime?

all of Crusher's regional the scouts, the Qld scouts, the one that scouted DCE, Ballin etc have gone to the Dogs

winnyason said:
We simply cannot afford 3 players on 600 k a year when there is another 22 to make up 3.2 million of cap it makes it too tight if he wanted 450 to 500 club might look into it

exactly right it al comes down to the maths

Beau Scott has signed with the Knights, and the rumour mill starting that Gift to join his brother NEXT YEAR at the Dragons. Surely he wouldnt ask for a release?????

Unless they pay us out for his contract (which won't happen - especially if they splash big cash on getting Snake), it won't be happening.

2gb reports that Saints are not interested in signing Brett because of injury concerns

the mauler said:
Beau Scott has signed with the Knights, and the rumour mill starting that Gift to join his brother NEXT YEAR at the Dragons. Surely he wouldnt ask for a release?????

Do the sums

The salary cap next year is $5M - that amount has to include the match fees. That reduces the amount left for “sign on” fees to $4.6M.

All the high paid player’s have indexing clauses in their clauses and so most of the $700k increase will be absorbed by those players.

Even allowing for back ending the impending new contracts for Foran and Cherry-Evans they will still attract $500k each for 2013. So then try to fit the next 23 highest paid players in at $3.6M.

TRex has a get out clause and you would have to think that he has continued to increase his market value. form could easily cost the cap another $100k to keep him.

I think Manly are in no position not to grant him a release

Berkeley_Eagle said:
@berkeley_eagle Andrew Moore has just said on 2GB the St George Illawarra club won't be pursuing Brett Stewart due to doubts over his knee”

Thanks mate,much love

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6