1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett Stewart to Dragons, a done deal!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by gotsy, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotsy

gotsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Apparently he has signed a 4 year deal with the dragons worth 2.4mill?

Sad to see him go :(

news to break tomorrow (apparently)

2. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    If anyone on here who has been saying lets get rid of this player or that player has the audacity to bag Brett I think I will fu**en lose it.

If true its a sad day for the club but we as fans need to be greatful for 9 years enjoyment the prince of brookie has given us I hope he stays fit and has 4 amazing seasons at his new club.

3. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    A blessing in disguise that will help us to sign the young guys...Can't be any excuse now to not sign DCE and Foran. Maybe we will have to let a few of the other older guys go to sign Lussick. I can't say that I am devastated to see him go...[hr]
    I don't think too many will bag him. In the long run it will be beneficial to both the Manly club and Brett himself.

4. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Its not that I don't believe you, but what is the source?

5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Gutted. I think in time it will be a decision he regrets. Be prepared for a lot of talk about Gift now, eventhough he's under contract.

6. mmmdl

mmmdl Active Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 2
    Whilst I would prefer to not see him go, I think deep down we all knew that we were going to have to lose someone - either him, Foran or DCE, and the thing the other 2 have on their side is 5 more years.

If true, I wish him the best for every game except the ones he plays against us!

7. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    I think Manly will make sure Gift sees out his contract but he will join his brother one day. Makes sense as the Dragons are letting beau Scott leave.

8. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    If true, I'm more confident than ever about Manly going back to back in 2012. The motivation to send him out with another premiership will be huge. He will still be one off my favourite players. I will hate seeing him go but am just glad it's not the scum dogs he is going to.

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Deja Vu did we have this exact conversation last week?

10. Haz88

Haz88 Active Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    I have heard the exact same thing today to. Apparantly to be announced later this week.

Its a shame !

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    I agree with this 1000%

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Good luck Brett if true but I can't see the Dragons winning a comp anytime soon

13. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    If true then good luck Brett, many great memories!! but gee the Dragons are taking a big risk with a 4 year contract.

14. Joey

Joey Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    a done deal! with no source?

15. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Rehashed rumour from last week
    Tell us Gotsy, is your source reliable ?

16. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I was a done deal last week with the news to break any moment from all reports. The only thing I saw in the media was reports that Dragons weren't interested in signing him.

Anyway Gotsy says confirmation expected tomorrow, Haz88 is guessing it will be later in the week. Seeing as we are running a raffle on the announcement date, put me down for April 19th, approx 1pm.

17. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    Maybe it's an April fools joke by Manly on all the Dragons supporters. Announcement set down for 12am 1/4/12.

18. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
  19. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Gotsy name the source or remove the thread. It was supposed to be a done deal last week ffs!

20. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Because of whats Snakes been through off the field, the "relationship" he's had with the fans is really like no other player that's ever played for us. I'm not saying he's as universally loved as much as someone like Beaver, but you know what I mean. When a relationship like that breaks down its only human nature for people to react differently to it, some will get upset, others will wish him well. I'm not sure how I'll feel when its official, or how I'll feel when we line up against the Dragons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.