Brett Stewart to Dragons, a done deal!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gotsy

Reserve Grader
Apparently he has signed a 4 year deal with the dragons worth 2.4mill?

Sad to see him go :(

news to break tomorrow (apparently)

If anyone on here who has been saying lets get rid of this player or that player has the audacity to bag Brett I think I will fu**en lose it.

If true its a sad day for the club but we as fans need to be greatful for 9 years enjoyment the prince of brookie has given us I hope he stays fit and has 4 amazing seasons at his new club.

A blessing in disguise that will help us to sign the young guys...Can't be any excuse now to not sign DCE and Foran. Maybe we will have to let a few of the other older guys go to sign Lussick. I can't say that I am devastated to see him go...

I don't think too many will bag him. In the long run it will be beneficial to both the Manly club and Brett himself.

Gutted. I think in time it will be a decision he regrets. Be prepared for a lot of talk about Gift now, eventhough he's under contract.

Whilst I would prefer to not see him go, I think deep down we all knew that we were going to have to lose someone - either him, Foran or DCE, and the thing the other 2 have on their side is 5 more years.

If true, I wish him the best for every game except the ones he plays against us!

Masked Eagle said:
Gutted. I think in time it will be a decision he regrets. Be prepared for a lot of talk about Gift now, eventhough he's under contract.

I think Manly will make sure Gift sees out his contract but he will join his brother one day. Makes sense as the Dragons are letting beau Scott leave.

If true, I'm more confident than ever about Manly going back to back in 2012. The motivation to send him out with another premiership will be huge. He will still be one off my favourite players. I will hate seeing him go but am just glad it's not the scum dogs he is going to.

Deja Vu did we have this exact conversation last week?

I have heard the exact same thing today to. Apparantly to be announced later this week.

Its a shame !

If true then good luck Brett, many great memories!! but gee the Dragons are taking a big risk with a 4 year contract.

I was a done deal last week with the news to break any moment from all reports. The only thing I saw in the media was reports that Dragons weren't interested in signing him.

Anyway Gotsy says confirmation expected tomorrow, Haz88 is guessing it will be later in the week. Seeing as we are running a raffle on the announcement date, put me down for April 19th, approx 1pm.

Maybe it's an April fools joke by Manly on all the Dragons supporters. Announcement set down for 12am 1/4/12.

Gotsy name the source or remove the thread. It was supposed to be a done deal last week ffs!

Because of whats Snakes been through off the field, the "relationship" he's had with the fans is really like no other player that's ever played for us. I'm not saying he's as universally loved as much as someone like Beaver, but you know what I mean. When a relationship like that breaks down its only human nature for people to react differently to it, some will get upset, others will wish him well. I'm not sure how I'll feel when its official, or how I'll feel when we line up against the Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4