Brett Stewart rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know Snake has got to go sometime. He's not forever. And this year may well be his last in the maroon and white. But I think he has definitely earned the right, just like Killer, to go out on his own terms.

Seriously, he has been one of the 2 dominant fullbacks of the last decade (along with Billy Slater. I don't count Hayne as he played FB, wing, centre and 5/8) and I am certain that if not for the Melbourne/Qld connection of Smith, Cronk, Slater and 1nglis (and probably Folau) plus Qld's Origin dominance and subsequent dominance of the Kangaroos squads, Snake would have easily played more than just 1 test match.

I know Snake has got to go sometime. He's not forever. And this year may well be his last in the maroon and white. But I think he has definitely earned the right, just like Killer, to go out on his own terms.

Seriously, he has been one of the 2 dominant fullbacks of the last decade (along with Billy Slater. I don't count Hayne as he played FB, wing, centre and 5/8) and I am certain that if not for the Melbourne/Qld connection of Smith, Cronk, Slater and 1nglis, Snake would have easily played more than just 1 test match.
Agree BUT, do we need an aging legend on $600k a year playing maybe 10 games at 1/4 pace??

Much prefer for the club to arrange a transfer to Le Catalans, and he can play in an easier Comp , with his brother!!

Its a sad fact (sad because in a lot of ways we still haven't really learned how to win without him), but we still look a much more dangerous team with Snake at fullback than when he's not there.

Its a sad fact (sad because in a lot of ways we still haven't really learned how to win without him), but we still look a much more dangerous team with Snake at fullback than when he's not there.

I rhink that has certainly been the case,but is becoming less so.

The bloke has been a champion ao I hope his exit is handled well.

But I lean to the side that says his time is coming to a close and his exit strategy needs to be worked on....now.

Really believe Snake....even at 60% these days has a key attribute that puts him up with a special group of players.... the ability to lift those around him & bring belief.
Amazed some people only see his pace & try scoring ability as his key attributes - it's actually his communication & aura from the back that makes that front line go to another level & as a fan ....even in the most difficult times....always feel Manly are a "chance" when he takes the field.

Harvies Elbow, Bob Batty was a crowd favourite in his time during the late 60s. Probably most on this forum never saw Batty play. No question Eadie and Stewart are the two best we've had, but Batty was a top goal kicker, pretty decent attacking full back and solid defender.

Known as The Road Runner because of his speed and running style, he never represented Australia because he lived during the age of some top full backs like Les Johns, Graeme Langlands, Ken Thornett and Keith Barnes, but I believe he was under-rated and should have played at least a couple. In my mind he is No 4 at Manly as a full back after Eadie, Stewart, Shearer. I think he was better than Ridge, even though Ridge played for NZ.

we have had a few others that should be mentioned
Ron Willey
Mike Eden
Tony Melrose
Marty Gurr
Phil Sigsworth
Ross Sooty Windshuttle,
and our unsung hero wingers Robo Robertson and Crig Hancock always covered the position more than capably when required

Last edited:
probably more likely Mead to fullback and TTurbo to centre .... I don't think we will get Hayne .... I've been wrong before though

Snake is an absolute club legend. Surely this isn't true. Bozo only extended him 8 months ago. He deserves to play out his contract unless he makes the call himself.

Zorba wouldn't allow it anyway. Snake had a great season last year. He's just had a bad run with his hammy. He'll come good and he is only 31 not 35. He's got another good year left for sure. I've got faith in him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6