1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett Stewart rumour

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Budgewoi Eagle, May 25, 2016.

1. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    Torn on this one.Legend but next year may be one season too many.Hope it is done with dignity if rumour is correct.

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,745 / 100
    If true , very sad.

But his injuries seem to be chronic. unless he has a remarkable recovery, it is probably a hard but sensible decision.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Snake will be gone yes unfortunate but it needs to be done we are building towards a new era and for that to start Tom t has to be fullback. I love snake he is the player that inspired me to play Rugby league. I love snake always will but we need a fit and firing snake and that appears a distant memory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. yokahontas

yokahontas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 13
    Hopefully it's Catalans. That would be a fitting end to his and Gifty's illustrious careers.

Hard to see another NRL club shelling out big bucks for Snake, to be honest. He's been an absolute legend for us, but unfortunately age and chronic injuries are obviously doing him no favours. And surely that's as obvious to everyone else as it is to us.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    So Toovey gets sacked due to retribution for the Gift decision and now the people that shafted Tooves are doing the same to Snake?
    Doesn't make sense.
    Nothing much does though.
    If he's contracted though we're going to be paying money for him to play elsewhere.
    I hope he retires on his own terms, goes to France and ends his career playing alongside his brother.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    I think it's time, spending too much time on the sidelines and has slowed down a lot.
    I hope he can teach Tom T as much as possible before he leaves

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    This has to be done properly.We are dealing with Manly royalty here who is idolized by our younger supporters in particular and rightly so.Don't need another Gift scenario although with Snake there wont be as many long term team mates involved as when Gifty departed.
    Either way I will never forget his contribution to making League a joy to watch.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Hmmm I'm not sure Tom is ready

Haven't been overly impressed with his fullback performances as of yet but he is a special talent so I'm sure he'll be dominating in no time

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,342 / 111
    He should get the keys to Manly on his retirement.

We all have SO many memories of Snake scoring tries, it will be sad but inevitable to see him go.

11. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Hard to believe that Manly would tap Snake. They extended him only last year.@:cool:

But if Trex is back, then anything can happen :confused:

Whilst his game time is minimal, couldn't he be used at training to bring the next gen through :nod:

12. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    If these bastards force him out. That will be it for me. The manly I've known and loved for 35 years has quickly evaporated in the last 2 years. This would be the final nail in the coffin.

Having said that I would be surprised if uncle F C and his mate the clown would allow this

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    Cam, bro, his time has come. Just like Jamie. Legends they both are but time and tide (the pub next door to my warehouse) waits for no man.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    As sad as it is you are 100% correct Jerry. He is a shadow of the player he once was.

15. Karin

Karin Active Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 7
    What? Now I'm confused didn't Penn come out and say he didn't like the way Gifty was treated and wasn't this the start of the downfall of Toovey? Does this mean this decision will be the downfall of Barrett if he has anything to do with it....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    I'd reckon snake has had a gut full. I don't think he would be pushed. Probably asked for a release. Who knows.

17. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    The Penns new manly club. Everyone gets shafted at least once during their career here

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yart-tastic Yart-tastic x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  18. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Tom T looks a much better centre than full back

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  19. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    Might need some of Norman's pills then!

20. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Tom t is overrated. The kid has potential but he isn't half the fullback Stewart is.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1