Brett Stewart Ruled Out by Toovey, possibly Glenn Too

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rodo said:
Kite was on 2UE radio last night and mentioned that Gift trained yesterday and was running ok. So he could be right come game time.

Btw Kite spoke very well on the radio. He gave nice clear, measured and detailed answers to the questions put to him.

I bumped into him today at Lunch in Mosman Pub, asked him if he was pumped for Friday, had a quick chat and wished him luck for tomorrow night. Really nice guy, bloody big bopper too!

Simonmyers11 said:
Rodo said:
Kite was on 2UE radio last night and mentioned that Gift trained yesterday and was running ok. So he could be right come game time.

Btw Kite spoke very well on the radio. He gave nice clear, measured and detailed answers to the questions put to him.

I bumped into him today at Lunch in Mosman Pub, asked him if he was pumped for Friday, had a quick chat and wished him luck for tomorrow night. Really nice guy, bloody big bopper too!

What was his answer?

bones said:
Simonmyers11 said:
Rodo said:

What was his answer?

Kind of Laughed and with a big smile said YEP! Let's hope so!

I think Tooves has done well in his first year as a first grade NRL coach but my only criticism is in his handling of injuries. At this stage of the season most players are carrying some form of niggling injury but you need to do whatever possible to get your top 17 on park. Glenn Stewart wanted to play Origin two weeks ago so surely he is ready to play.

So far this season we have seen key players having extended recovery periods to ensure they are 100% including a player having multiple weeks on the sidelines to recover from the flu. We are now at the business end of the season in a close comp so its time to take risks or we will be having an early exit.

The only player that I can recall Tooves taking a risk on was allowing Tony Williams to come back from injury and play a full 80minutes just to prove he was fit enough to be picked for Origin 3. Surely that suggests he could have also played the week before at 80% fit for the team and given he has only played 3 or 4 games for us Tooves should have been a bit more selfish.

It is critical that we get our top team on the field now even if some are 70-80% fit or the season will be over.

A few whispers going around that Snake may play tonight. Not believing it myself but here's hoping.

The Big Marn seems to think he may run out there. The Big Marn has pretty good mail.

Foxsports new just had a great piece on the history of Des and Tooves at Manly. **** it brought a tear to my eye seeing the history of these 2 at our club. **** I am pumped for this one I cannot wait. You're going down $$$$$ Des.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4