Brett Stewart latest injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stewart is having his Bob Batty 1971 moment. Still Numero Uno in more ways than one (hehe), but with a young gun snapping on his heels.

Back then it was Wombat.

In 2016 it's young Tom.

And the Jones/Krillich succession. Great days.

If true and Brett is out for a few more weeks it will be very disruptive to the team for a number of reasons.

As mentioned he is a great defender and organiser of our defensive line, especially on our own goal line. Tommy is still very young to be barking orders at the senior players as too where they stand in defence.

In attack his ability to chime into our backline line at precisely the right time is something that is rarely seen. It's Walker not Tommy that is filling this spot now and in all the games that I've seen this year, Walker is timing his runs a little early. Pretty much telegraphing what he is doing. He also has bumped into some of the decoy runners checking himself on his runs.

I do believe Walker and Tommy will be great given enough time ,but just as they will start to gel in their new roles Snake gets back and we will be struggling with timing and players getting used to their roles. Constancy with the team is crucial.

I'm hopping that Snake plays Monday night as we are so, so much better when he is on the park.

Also he is very handy at crossing the line.

I spoke ( at a MWTS function) with Brett whilst he was recuperating from his second ACL ( yep he's done two), he said to me that once you've done one the chances are very high that you'll do another ( as you can't help but favour the other leg ), he also said that another downside was he would become susceptible to hamstring injuries later in his playing career, and bingo we are at that point and have been for a couple of years.

Yeah, I was talking with my physio who said that alot of players have LARS surgeries to fix ACL injuries because its a quicker recovery time, but they said it also increases the chances of rupturing the ACL again, and opens the door to other issues.

What is usually the average time snake is out when he's having hammy problems?? It's been 3 weeks surely he won't be out any longer than 3-4 weeks?

Last edited:
Watching the Catalan dragons now on fox, snake would look good in this side..... I actually hope this is his last year, he's great when around but just seems to be more disrupting these days

I guess we'll know this afternoon when NSW Cup play. If Snake was to play tomorrow night I would assume Williame would be playing today in State Cup.

I actually doubt that. Given the situation I would imagine that Wiliame won't be in NSW Cup even if Snake does end up playing tomorrow night. That way if Snake is out, he's fresh.

The injury in 2009 was cartilidge but not the normal tear it was torn off the bone entirely. I was under the impression rd 1 2010 when he did it tackling lote was the same not an acl.

Snake's knees are shot, it's amazing that he can walk without a limp. @:cool:

I feel for these players as they age and the arthritis sets in. :(

It's not just injuries as far as Brett is concerned. It's the impaired healing that comes with diabetes.

Being diabetic myself I can attest to inuries even as minor as a scratch taking far longer than it should to heal.

Instead of being upset with how often he is out, I would suggest we spend more time appreciating how an athlete with a disease who's symptoms are as underestimated as diabetes has managed to be one of the best I and i would asume many of us have ever seen.

The very fact he fights injury without so much as a whinge is enough to tell me he's still got that manly spirit. He'll be there when it matters and he will matter when it comes.

It's not just injuries as far as Brett is concerned. It's the impaired healing that comes with diabetes.

Being diabetic myself I can attest to inuries even as minor as a scratch taking far longer than it should to heal.

Instead of being upset with how often he is out, I would suggest we spend more time appreciating how an athlete with a disease who's symptoms are as underestimated as diabetes has managed to be one of the best I and i would asume many of us have ever seen.

The very fact he fights injury without so much as a whinge is enough to tell me he's still got that manly spirit. He'll be there when it matters and he will matter when it comes.
Just so disappoint for the lovely bloke he is that he's been robbed of so much footy. Robbed of origin appearances because of those knee. I am 1000% sure if hadn't of missed all these games he would haven't beaten Irvines record.

Snake still bitten?

Adam Lucius - Sporting News

Brett Stewart's hamstring injury is a lot worse than Manly are letting on.

Snake missed the round one clash with Canterbury and is out of Monday night's meeting with the Tigers – and there are no guarantees he will be back for round three.

The Sea Eagles have stopped putting a return date on the champion fullback because privately they have fears he could be out for a long stretch.

If this is the case, I'm putting a line through this season. Tom isn't Brett's shadow confidence, experience, ball playing wise.

the fat w*nker said before round 1 that Brett was out and probably a few weeks. He was right. he knows Brett well. I think we will see him back Round 4. As for putting a line through him for the season. Jumping the gun a bit.

the fat w*nker said before round 1 that Brett was out and probably a few weeks. He was right. he knows Brett well. I think we will see him back Round 4. As for putting a line through him for the season. Jumping the gun a bit.
Whose the fat wanker lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4