Brett Stewart injured ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey lads

After watching the 3 games so far I suspect snake is playing injured.

I appreciate the love we all have for him, but his returns are dreadful at the moment; seems to me he is almost scared of being tackled.

There is no venom in the returns and no speed off the mark.

I could well be wrong, but after 3 games and bugger all metres i suspect something is up.

I think you are right he seems hesitant to go full speed. Hamstring me thinks but he is still as safe as a bank back there. Maybe missing Gift out there as well they do work off each other.

His ankle was strapped last week from an injury during Round 1. Earlier, there was an off season hamstring injury as well. Clearly not fully over both of these injuries yet.

Better not say this stuff. He just signed a 4 year contract and we better not fall apart!!! He worries me, seems one injury away from a long time out! At 500k we need him playing and DOMINATING!!

That's a huge worry and only the start of the year. If he's out again kiss 2013 goodbye. It will be Farrar at 1.

I think that's just his nature now, unfortunately. He kept up speed with Matai (sadly, Matai passed the wrong way) but I just think that's now his nature.. I still think that it's only Round 3 and that he's still warming up. Of course he's hesitant with his injuries and it's very understandable.

I'm sure the staff will be working with him. We are so reliant on him playing!! Not just his tries but his all round game.

Just well marked tonight. Didn't seem to get the ball in attack with any depth tonight and he was cut down too easily. Kick returns have never been Snakes bag. He tends to amble back into defences. Of course it's a much different tale usually up the other end of the park.

Unfortunately he turns it on and off these days. Defensively he is still contributing better than ever but in attack the hands are still there but the legs are stop start ( at best ). Kick returns never been his strength, but we need better that letting clearing kicks bounce & meandering back to get it.

He's done too much for the club to bag him, and I know he will get it back to a certain extent at some stage, but for mine he is a shadow of his old self in attack at the moment. Come back Snake.

psau14 said:
Hey lads

After watching the 3 games so far I suspect snake is playing injured.

I appreciate the love we all have for him, but his returns are dreadful at the moment; seems to me he is almost scared of being tackled.

There is no venom in the returns and no speed off the mark.

I could well be wrong, but after 3 games and bugger all metres i suspect something is up.

WoW be carefull mate , i mentioned the same thing last week and ate crap for it......... truth hurts i suppose.

Darren said:
Better not say this stuff. He just signed a 4 year contract and we better not fall apart!!! He worries me, seems one injury away from a long time out! At 500k we need him playing and DOMINATING!!

Im serious , i mentioned this price tag as well last week.... they will line up.

Absolute legend but I cringe when he carries the ball. He's an absolute superstar playing with injuries we couldn't get through on a weekly basis. Gutherson, Hiku and even Tom T are still 2 years away from consistent NRL standard. Hiku was very disappointing at Mounties as I was expecting a lot more. Sounds like George has kept up his Mounties lack of form. I wrote he didn't seem interested and he really needs a fresh start to save whatever career he has left.

C Eagle, I hate questioning his contract length/fitness but if he gets another long term injury we are gone.

Darren said:
Absolute legend but I cringe when he carries the ball. He's an absolute superstar playing with injuries we couldn't get through on a weekly basis. Gutherson, Hiku and even Tom T are still 2 years away from consistent NRL standard. Hiku was very disappointing at Mounties as I was expecting a lot more. Sounds like George has kept up his Mounties lack of form. I wrote he didn't seem interested and he really needs a fresh start to save whatever career he has left.

C Eagle, I hate questioning his contract length/fitness but if he gets another long term injury we are gone

Yeah , look i love watching him play and have done for years... just like all you boys, but watching him now , he seems a mere shadow of snake of old, and for good reason i guess, i will never understand the extent and the amount we paid for his services, if this is snake at his best theses days then , we will have a steady full back at best not a super star on super star money...... before you all scream the house down .... its just my opinion.

tough one though he seems to come good (like last year) I don't really know how he will play 4 more years!! It's a huge risk (especially with some gun fullbacks coming thru)

Brissie Kid said:
He took some brilliant & heroic goal line catches last night under enormous pressure.

Yeah your right brissie kid , but most full backs in first grade are expected to do this, its no real stand out to be able to catch a high ball.

Darren said:
tough one though he seems to come good (like last year) I don't really know how he will play 4 more years!! It's a huge risk (especially with some gun fullbacks coming thru)

I couldnt agree more darren, all we can do is hope he stays injury free and find some form from snake of old..... the length of the contract is very concerning......maybe this is why it took so long to settle his contract..... maybe the club had concerns over this as well.

The way i see it Manly needs all the points they can get and last year Stewart saved the most tries along with Bowen. In yesterdays game he did help Symonds get his try, because he would have been held up. Also, averaged 10 meters per run and made a line break assist and 0 errors. That is not a bad game and not the reason why Manly lost.

Never knock a champion....even playing injured he's still in the top 5 fullbacks.
I think he'll still be selected for the blues, pushing Hayne onto the wing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8