Brett Stewart in comeback cameo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brett-stewart-in-comeback-cameo/story-e6frexnr-1226012551216

HE spent longer signing autographs after the game than he did on the field but Manly fullback Brett Stewart is back in business.

After a horror two years, in which he had two serious knee injuries and was acquitted of sexual assault charges only five months ago, Stewart played 20 minutes in his team's victory over the Warriors in Auckland.

After playing only six games since the Sea Eagles' 2008 grand final triumph, Stewart was relieved to have come through unscathed.

"I'm delighted to finally be back on the field and everything is going to plan for the start of the competition," he said in a statement. "I've worked hard with our medical staff over a long period of time and when I jumped on the plane to come over here for the game, I enjoyed every minute of being back in a team environment."

Stewart's first touch came from a scrum, while he also produced a trademark 30m burst.

Coach Des Hasler couldn't have been happier with his Star player's return.

"I'm delighted to have Brett back and our objective was to give him those 20 minutes," Hasler said. "He has come through the game and we look forward to having him fit and ready for round one."

The Warriors led 6-4 at the break and 12-8 inside the final 10 minutes. But the Sea Eagles hit back with eight minutes to go through a try to Vic Mauro, which was converted by young halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, to grab the win.

The match was marred by an all-in brawl in the 27th minute, which resulted in Manly captain Jason King being placed on report after he appeared to shoulder Michael Luck.
MANLY 14 (Jamie Buhrer, Michael Oldfield, Vic Mauro tries, Daly Cherry-Evans 1/3 goals) NEW ZEALAND 12 (Ben Matulino, Kevin Locke tries, James Maloney 2/2 goals)

Typical of that trash paper.

Anyone running a book on when they will write  a Snake story without mentioning THAT matter?

No surprise he's only talking to media through written media releases.

Zorba just said
that Daly Cherry Evans kicked a 40/20 (glad to hear this)
Lyon will be ready for round 1
Glenn Stewart will play rd 1
Rodney is a strong chance as well to be ready
Brett was really happy and will play against the purple pricks
he said that in his opinion King will have nothing to worry about

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8