Brett Stewart - Gone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
Theres alot of rumours going around that Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran have a get out clause if Des goes. Word is they will both follow suit.

If this is true.. and i love Brett Stewart as much as the next Manly supporter.. i will be even more disappointed in him than i am with Des.

Manly as a club has supported him through thick and thin. I understand Des was his mentor and coach etc.. but the club has been dragged through it all as well.. now hated by NRL/Gallop and by most league supporters as the club has stuck by Brett Stewart.

I understand how he must feel towards Des.. But what about the Club? or more importantly the fans who stuck by him?

How would you react if he went to the Bulldogs? He owes it to the club and the supporters IMO.

More Henny-Penny talk. Some players have get-out clauses but there will be a lot of water under the bridge before this or any other retention issue is revisited. No need for scare-mongering. The Dogs or anyone else can't fill our whole squad into their roster. Playing at Brookie has many benefits. Take it easy.

I'm sick of all these players who seem to have no love for the club, if it's true and we don't know next year is already a write off. How can we as a club have a coach in charge who doesn't want to be there and players who will walk if and when he go's? how did we get ourselves in this position? Lastly I hope Des before he signs with the scumdogs realizes the predicament this is putting the club in.

Canteen Worker said:
More Henny-Penny talk. Some players have get-out clauses but there will be a lot of water under the bridge before this or any other retention issue is revisited. No need for scare-mongering. The Dogs or anyone else can't fill our whole squad into their roster. Playing at Brookie has many benefits. Take it easy.

Fair point I don't think they will go to the dogs but they are more likely to leave today then they were yesterday

Central Coast Eagle said:
Is it too late to get behind @[bazeagle]'s desire to delete every thread on the forum?

Just dont read it if you dont like it.

I just wanted to see peoples thoughts on whether Brett leaving.. what the reaction would be.. not a Des topic.

I don't think he'll go to the Dogs. Sure he's got the Des connection there, but he's also got the Glenn connection to think about. The Dogs can't sign both Brett and Glenn. Well, actually, they've proven in the past they don't mind cheating.

Volley said:
Is it too late to get behind @[bazeagle]'s desire to delete every thread on the forum?

Yeah, apologies Baz. You were onto something.
Everything else seems to be being deleted around us: Des, players.
What a nightmare.
So soon after Premiership Glory.

If reading multiple threads on one topic is the worst thing that happens in your day can we swap lives?

As for Snake. Dale Shearer was one of my favourite players at the Sea Eagles. I had no problems booing him when he left.

I have a feeling Brett will seek a contract in England in 2013 if he activates a get out clause

bloody hell at the start of the year we had 2 brilliant players that could fill the #1 jersey

I personally wouldn't think Brett would go to the Bulldogs, could you imagine the very personal attacks that would be levelled at him by opposition fans (re: 2009 and Coffs Harbour).
I don't know if Brett and Glen will stay - do hope so though, maybe England awaits???

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Berkeley_Eagle said:
I have a feeling Brett will seek a contract in England in 2013 if he activates a get out clause

bloody hell at the start of the year we had 2 brilliant players that could fill the #1 jersey

I fear you're right

KaZa said:

Just dont read it if you dont like it.

I just wanted to see peoples thoughts on whether Brett leaving.. what the reaction would be.. not a Des topic.

What the hell did you think the reaction was going to be?...dumb dumb.

I don't even want to think about Snake leaving, if it happens then i will think about it till then he plays for Manly!!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:

BE - I had that feeling this morning after hearing about Dessie - told my hubby, he's thought I was abit of a nutter, something just seems funny, I guess who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

Dogs will not sign Stewart. We simply don't need him.

Sure Barba has had his ups and downs this year, but if we had a decent winger and some cover for him under the high ball he'd be fine.

A new coach is a good sea change, and some decent junior development and the Dogs should be okay.

MrInvisible said:

Sure Barba has had his ups and downs this year, but if we had a decent winger and some cover for him under the high ball he'd be fine.

A new coach is a good sea change, and some decent junior development and the Dogs should be okay.

The only player that im worried about is Foran, i think he would be crazy to part ways with DCE but if Des really wants him at the Dogs it may happen. Im still hoping Manly have made another counter offer and Des will announce he is staying tomorrow. :)

MrInvisible said:

No one said he'd go to dogs more likely to go to England

i don't expect the stewart boys to leave - they have been looked after well by manly. there next move will be the uk and not an nrl club.

foran is a little differnet.

but the one i expect to lose is tony williams as of 2012! he will head to the dogs a year early!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2