Brett Stewart finalises contract talks with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
AFTER six months of intense contract negotiations, superstar fullback Brett Stewart last night uttered the words all Manly fans have waited to hear: "I'm staying."

Read the full article

You can never underestimate the Beaver effect. Even when you haven't seen Beaver for a while, the memories are still there. Once you've played with Beaver you never forget that feeling. No other club can offer that.

We really need a Beaver statue out the front of Brookie.

Good news.

Now we probably need to get another prop or two for next year. (Not that I'm saying our current guys are not doing fine. But they are at the end of their carees now.)

No doubt the great man will be proud of the legacy he's left at the club. Blokes like Snake, King and Choc still talk about the effect he had on the club. People talk about what BK did in his short stay but the effect Beaver had that will change the club for years to come is massive.

Chip and Chase said:
You can never underestimate the Beaver effect. Even when you haven't seen Beaver for a while, the memories are still there. Once you've played with Beaver you never forget that feeling.

Must.....resist....childish....comment.......

Phew.

This is great news and it just feels so right that Brett shall be wearing the Manly colours for all of his career.

I'm relieved and very happy.

firechild said:
No doubt the great man will be proud of the legacy he's left at the club. Blokes like Snake, King and Choc still talk about the effect he had on the club. People talk about what BK did in his short stay but the effect Beaver had that will change the club for years to come is massive.

I really hope when the great man (Beaver) finally gives playing away he comes back and has some sort of role with the Sea Eagles. He has been one of the greatest role models for this club ever.

Chip and Chase said:
You can never underestimate the Beaver effect. Even when you haven't seen Beaver for a while, the memories are still there. Once you've played with Beaver you never forget that feeling. No other club can offer that.

We really need a Beaver statue out the front of Brookie.

Lord knows the beaver effect has influenced many of my decisions in life!

Sorry GE I don't have the same level self control

This is great news in the lead up to the finals. Gotta put a spring in everyones step at Brooky....maybe even Zorba!!!

This should give our boys a massive boost leading into the finals. Alot of people on here, including myself thought he was signed up months ago. I have no idea what the delay was, but to announce it a few days out from the game where the team will be wearing the diabetes edition jerseys makes me think this was part of the deal. I think Snake wanted to resurrect his image that was unfairly tarnished by innacurate, lowlife journalists, which will then lead to sponsorship and media opportunities in the future for the great man, which will then cancel out any extra $$$ he may have received by moving elsewhere. Onya Snake!! - Loyalty may be dead in the NRL, but it is in full effect on the northern beaches.

lsz said:
To be fair there is a stand named after him....

I'm sure in years to come, there WILL BE a stand named after Brett Stewart. Maybe on the eastern side ? :D
. . . from where we will be able to watch a B Stewart coached Manly NRL backline, (and see brett doing his nana with the headset and mic in coaches box) alongside Beaver - the future forwards coach.

Here's hoping both of them maintain life-long associations with MWSE.
These years with Snake, well there hasn't been anything like it since 1966-76 (B Fulton) - honestly.
(just maybe 1972-80 G Eadie).

EagleFromMay1967 said:
I'm sure in years to come, there WILL BE a stand named after Brett Stewart. Maybe on the eastern side ? :D

I was thinking this myself as it would seem rather apt. (Tho I don't know what Kingy, Choc and even Gifty would think about that.)

Anyway, yes its fantastic news but like Tooves I won't fully believe it until he's officially signed. Onya Brett!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4