Brett Stewart called in for SOO2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Manly fullback Brett Stewart will be rushed into the NSW State of Origin squad this morning with Anthony Minichiello in doubt for tomorrow night's Origin II with a back injury.

Minichiello complained of back soreness late last night and will be assessed by Blues' medical staff again today.

Stewart will join the camp for training at 11am today and would make his Origin debut if called in for the Blues' must-win clash at Telstra Stadium.

The 22-year-old has scored eight tries in the Sea Eagles' impressive start to the 2007 NRL season.

Minichiello spent most of the 2006 season sidelined with a back injury and was in minor doubt in the lead-up to Queensland's 25-18 game one win in Brisbane with a similar complaint.

AAP

I HATE it as we struggle with absent stars. It used to be that the QLD team was mainly made up of Manly players. That was one of the reasons, apart from lousy coaching, that stopped us having at least ten premierships.

Cant deny the work Brett has put in to improve his game over the last 2 years. he deserves it. He bettr not get injured.

Good luck to him, hope he goes well if he takes the park.

I personally would have gone for Patten, and thought the selectors might too.

I have visions of what Puletua did to Stewart happening about 10 times tomorrow night and it worries me

I have visions of what Puletua did to Stewart happening about 10 times tomorrow night and it worries me

I said after the roosters game in round 2 or 3... that Stewarts last ditched defence was embarrassing that day.

Against the Storm 3 weeks ago he chopped down Ryan Hoffman in a beautiful tackle when he was the last line of defence... then a week later he just throws a hand out at Puletua to try and stop him. That piece of footage makes me squirm. Hopefully, if he gets the call up he is willing to put his body on the line!!

If he does get called in I really hope he has a blinder, he is one of my favourite players and could have a rep future. In saying that, at times he makes you think rep footy is beyond him.

Theres an article on Foxsports that's just been put up.

Its been dated the 13th and says mini 'will' annouce he's not playing.

Looks good for stewy.

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]

I said after the roosters game in round 2 or 3... that Stewarts last ditched defence was embarrassing that day.

Against the Storm 3 weeks ago he chopped down Ryan Hoffman in a beautiful tackle when he was the last line of defence... then a week later he just throws a hand out at Puletua to try and stop him. That piece of footage makes me squirm. Hopefully, if he gets the call up he is willing to put his body on the line!!

If he does get called in I really hope he has a blinder, he is one of my favourite players and could have a rep future. In saying that, at times he makes you think rep footy is beyond him.
[/quote]

I was thinking more of when he was bringing the ball back and Puletua monstered him.

Can;t wait to see him play tonight though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4