Brett Stewart AVO extended for four weeks after alleged assault

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
EMBATTLED Manly fullback Brett Stewart has been ordered to stay away from his home for another month after having his interim apprehended violence order extended as the investigation into the alleged assault of a teen continues.

Dressed in a suit and tie at Manly Local Court today, Stewart appeared uncomfortable and stared straight ahead throughout proceedings.

Magistrate Margaret Quinn granted police a four-week extension, preventing the 24-year-old from returning to his North Manly home.

Stewart has denied allegations that he sexually assaulted the 17-year-old at the same apartment complex after Manly's 2009 season launch last Friday.

The 24-year-old had spent the entire afternoon at the function, where he was spotted drinking heavily with teammates.

He returned to the complex in a taxi about 7.30pm. The girl and her father, both of whom cannot be named for legal reasons, have said she was smoking a cigarette at the front of the complex when Stewart arrived.

Stewart was later arrested and taken to Dee Why police station. He declined to be interviewed and was released without charge.

The NRL poster boy made his first appearance since Friday at Manly training yesterday.

The court matter was today adjourned until April 7, with Stewart rushed from the court into a waiting car.

Flip, please log this via Articles >> Submit Article (you will need to login at the top of the screen which will log you into both the site and the forums

Ah that explains it. I did look all over for the submit but i forgot about logging into forums 'aswell' as the site. Mt bad. I know your pretty nazi about it ;)

Well to be fair the forum login is a bit of a red herring. logging into there will only log you into the forums. However if you login at the top you are logged into both the site and the forums. I will be taking away the login on the forums ASAP to combat this.

I have submitted the article for you and tied the article to the forum post just not visa versa

A non-story but it just drags it out, keeps it on the front page and points to Stewart's guilt rather than allows for a presumption of innocense!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8