Brett set to take off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Brett set to take off

* sport
          o Rugby League

28 Jan 10 @ 05:39pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/brett-set-to-take-off/

A FASTER and stronger Brett Stewart is tipped to have his greatest season in the NRL this year.

Sea Eagles sprint coach Clayton Kearney is convinced the 24-year-old is getting faster and faster with every passing summer.

The Manly flyer has recovered from off-season knee surgery and is nearing peak fitness.
Stewart requires two more tries this year to become just the third Sea Eagle in the club’s history to score a ton of tries in first grade.

Kearney, who works closely with the Sea Eagles at Narrabeen on a daily basis, believes Stewart is ready to put 2009 behind him and join Steve Menzies and Bob Fulton in the century club.

“He’s just getting better and better,” Kearney said of Stewart on Thursday.

“By the time the season comes around, he will be as quick as he’s ever been.

“He’s getting bigger, and stronger, and I expect him to have a pretty good season.

“Brett would definitely be under 11 seconds (for a 100m).

“There’s about four or five of them like that.”

Stewart has stood out at training during the summer months, running freely, showing no ill-effects of the knee injury which disrupted his campaign last year.

Kearney would not reveal any players’ exact times on the track, but believes the club as a whole is faster this year.

“Speed is so important in the game these days, you’ve got to be a great athlete,” he said.

“At the moment, they are not meant to be at their peaks, they’ve still got a lot of work going into them.

“I’d say by the time the season comes around, they will all be better than they were last season.”

Meanwhile, Manly second-rower Anthony Watmough has overcome injuries sustained from last week’s bashing and will play in the NRL All Stars team next month.

Watmough will be named in the All Stars team on Friday to play the Indigenous squad at Skilled Park on the Gold Coast on February 13.

The Narrabeen junior will be the club’s sole representative in the All Stars squad of 16.

“It’s an honour to be chosen in the team,” Watmough said.

“I’m proud to be Manly’s representative.

“It’s going to be an exciting occasion, it’s another part of rugby league history, and I’m looking forward to it.”

Watmough will get the nod on Friday, having received the most votes by the public among the Manly players.

The 26-year-old will come up against fellow Sea Eagle George Rose who will play for the Indigenous squad.

Rose will join the likes of Greg Inglis, Johnathan Thurston, Scott Prince, Wendell Sailor and Preston Campbell in the Indigenous team.

Both Watmough and Steve Matai have been training this week, having recovered from the unprovoked bashing last week.

Awesome. A lot of our prospects this year rest with a fit Brett Stewart, and it sounds like he might be raring to go.

Will make a huge difference in both defence and attack. We are much more solid with Robbo on the wing too.

Niccipops must have fainted somewhere.

That is one piece of really good news I have been hoping for. To be a genuine premiership prospect we must have Brett at the back.

Can't wait to see him in action, hopefully Foran is working on that perfect kick for Brett to swoop under at full pace !

Mcatmos link said:
Can't wait to see him in action, hopefully Foran is working on that perfect kick for Brett to swoop under at full pace !

That's what everyone is hoping for. A super reliable kick from the 1/2 back to the games best attacking weapon.

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
[quote author=Mcatmos link=topic=182344.msg250237#msg250237 date=1264715439]

That's what everyone is hoping for. A super reliable kick from the 1/2 back to the games best attacking weapon.
[/quote]
Or the play down the right hand side with the 2 runners cut out with ball finding a flying swooping Stewart beating all defenders with his blining pace and scoring in the corner untouched

Posted by: BErKeLEy_eAgLe

Quote from: DailyTerrorgraphHater on Today at 08:42:17 AM
Quote from: Mcatmos on Today at 03:50:39 AM

Or the play down the right hand side with the 2 runners cut out with ball finding a flying swooping Stewart beating all defenders with his blining pace and scoring in the corner untouched

Giving me goosebumps! Bring on season 2010

The afftect a firing Breet Stewart has compared to last season:-
1. We get a brand new marquee full back;
2. This in turns then gives us a brand new marquee (and Robbo IS marquee have no doubts about that) new left hand side winger;
3. We then have more depth by way of Farrar and T Williams throughout the teamm, thus strengthenning our bench etc.

His inclusion is huge for us.

LOVE IT !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8