Brett (on one leg) Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I stipulated his attitude. Not his performances. Foran and Stewart were a farce in 2015. To the point where there didn't seem to be an effort. In fact in some games I am certain of this.

Last year Stewart was rubbish in all departments.
16 tries with a bad attitude ? You forget in 2015 he pretty much carried us

Also remind me where Brett has been in the paper ala choc or foz ? There is no excuse for his decline last year however , for me, he deserves a shot in the trials. Perform and turbo moves to 3 or 4...he does not then he is not in first grade.

Considering everything he has done for us over the years I think he deserves one more shot

People have short memories... last year was his worst season of his career... he was playing completely busted...

If he is fit and firing he will be valuable to our side... if he is not fit , then i agree something obviously needs to be done.

He needs to be shown respect at least either way...

The comments on here are far from respectful....

Very short memories on here...
Say that again its a fkn joke ... The guys given everyone of us memories that will last a life time .. He has earnt every cent he has ever been paid .. He is way underpayed for what he has given this club.. Legend

I would imagine snakes "lack of effort " was due to hammy/knee injuries

Are people on here claiming he was tanking ?
People have short memories... last year was his worst season of his career... he was playing completely busted...

If he is fit and firing he will be valuable to our side... if he is not fit , then i agree something obviously needs to be done.

He needs to be shown respect at least either way...

The comments on here are far from respectful....

Very short memories on here...
short memories. It seems you have forgotten your beloved buhrer.

Also remind me where Brett has been in the paper ala choc or foz ? There is no excuse for his decline last year however , for me, he deserves a shot in the trials. Perform and turbo moves to 3 or 4...he does not then he is not in first grade.

Considering everything he has done for us over the years I think he deserves one more shot

i also remember Toovey in 2015 crediting and praising Snakes leadership especially when we beat the Storm down in Melbourne

He has not got the body of a 19-24 year old

But he has the ticker and brains of a 2 time premiership winning champion

Anyone remember 2013 gf ????? Snakes hammy was fcuked.. there was a reason he still played with a busted hammy, he could not stretch out and had a restricted game but still tried his heart out.

His experience and presence is priceless at the back

A fit Brett Stewart for 2017 in the number 1 jersey......... That is a yes from me :)

Ooh, I think there's a rather large grey mammal over there in the corner that many in the room are not quite able to see for some reason. Is that you Babar?

All this uncertainty about players?

Has this got something to do with the ongoing investigation on match fixing / gambling on games? I have nothing but rumours and innuendo, but a number of players have been missing in action, showing less than perfect performances, ongoing injuries preventing playing.

Don't get me wrong I love Matai (so he is not included in my post) I believe enough public apologies vindicate any involvement. But other players?

Further that the NRL is considering contracts without a Police Report from players possibly involved from Manly and every other club.

How many players reportedly / allegedly to be involved have been shown the door before the proverbially has hit the fan?

I hope I'm wrong. I am sure you learned forum members will respond accordingly. I have no idea?

I do however remember the time where the papers were reporting of a rift between Toovey and some senior players. He was asked by a reporter at training about the issue and both he and Choc responded in a petulant way that they were not allowed to talk. At the time I thought it was really bad form and highlighted what they thought of Tooves.

So snake can play as bad as he wants for a year because of the past? Hmmm... Last time I checked a professional football players job is to help win games. That's why they get paid.

I am under the impression he tore his hammy at the start of the season and it never healed... i am under the impression he was busted physically and mentally in 2016

I believe due to his service for the club, he should be given every opportunity to prove his fitness for 2017

And i believe he should be shown respect by the supporters....

I do however remember the time where the papers were reporting of a rift between Toovey and some senior players. He was asked by a reporter at training about the issue and both he and Choc responded in a petulant way that they were not allowed to talk. At the time I thought it was really bad form and highlighted what they thought of Tooves.

again ... go and visit his room full of memorabilia and deny that he is a Manly champion

again ... go and visit his room full of memorabilia and deny that he is a Manly champion
I would never deny that Snake is a Manly champion. He has given more to this club than anyone on this site ever will. I do however reserve the right to make an observation that for the last two seasons we have seen a different mentality from the great man. In 2015 it revolved around his brother being let go. And as far as this season goes, only Snake can answer what it is that's been on his mind. But there is no denying, in my opinion at least that the player that shouted out Be Manly don't be a dog in the sheds was a much different beast to the Brett Stewart of the past two seasons.

I am under the impression he tore his hammy at the start of the season and it never healed... i am under the impression he was busted physically and mentally in 2016

I believe due to his service for the club, he should be given every opportunity to prove his fitness for 2017

And i believe he should be shown respect by the supporters....
So how many years is Snake allowed to clock off for? The Penns have told us this is a results driven business so I doubt they have much good will left for him. Barrett certainly wouldn't, his head will be on the chopping block if Manly starts the season badly.

deny that he is a Manly champion
Of course Mike Tyson was a WORLD champion and still ended up in the big house. Sporting prowess and character have little to do with each other.

Last edited:
Snake should be allowed to play, but only if he is 100% fit, with no injury. If he can't reach this minimum level, he has to retire, go to England, or whatever.

You pick your best players in their best positions...(something the NSW Origin team could learn too).

Snake is currently the 2nd best fullback at Manly right now.

I have strong memories of Snake turning his back in his own in-goal with his hands on his hips giving up defending our own line. I saw this more than once. On one occasion I nearly picked up my telly and through it off my back deck in disgust. That was in 2015. I know this because Tooves was still coach. There were some controversial allegations about our 2015 season that were only raised this season. Whether there is any truth to them - time will tell. But I could not help but feel that Snake, Foran et al were at the very least undermining Tooves.

I understand that my comments about Snake would be polarising. However, for me personally, after seeing what I saw I could not interpret how I viewed them any other way. That is enough for me to totally discount everything he has done in the past. Many on here (yourself included) will not view it the same way. I can respect that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4