Brett (on one leg) Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unfortunately because of his leg injuries, Snake submits too easily in tackles and also because of those injuries he just does not have the speed to run around defenders like he used to. On a kick return these days if he makes more than 10 metres he is doing well. Often we were getting about 5 metres from him at a time. Compare that to what we saw from Tom this year when he was the fullback.

Snake averaged 53.3 metres per game in 11 games in 2016. Tom averaged 163.6 metres per game in 13 games at fullback (this does not include the 30-odd minutes from the 2nd half against Newcastle on Anzac Day).

Tom gave us just over 110 more metres from fullback PER GAME than Snake did this year. That's a bloody big difference and although Snake was only on one good leg.....so was Tom.
Brett submitting in tackles has little to do with his leg injuries when he was only slightly improved in this area with perfect legs.

His loss of speed/plus turn of pace and overall involvement levels very low, along with a lack of composed experienced ball playing structure on his inside has Brett just making the numbers.

Toms better metres and increased carries/hitups beyond just kick returns is what Manly need with a lack of ball playing structure at the moment.

Manly can't afford to have a pick and choose to inject himself runner from the back who doesn't try to make something happen off his own back.

People have short memories... last year was his worst season of his career... he was playing completely busted...

If he is fit and firing he will be valuable to our side... if he is not fit , then i agree something obviously needs to be done.

He needs to be shown respect at least either way...

The comments on here are far from respectful....

Very short memories on here...

extremely short, we looked a lot more structured when Brett came back to the side after losing our first few games this year and that was a busted apparently completely disinterested Brett. Granted TT seemed to improve a bit later on in this area but Brett is still far better in organization and structure.

His future in the NRL generally ~ depends upon his next 3 appearances for MWSE. This could be in the pre season trial matches.
This is almost the same as saying "you're only as good as your last game", which is true for many sportspeople. Nothing to see here until those performances are given. Yes, last season he was crappy. Yes, a return to the Snake of yore is unlikely. . . Old father time catches up with ALL OF US.
Whatever happens, please show respect in all your posts about this Manly champion.
Our talk is cheap. His actions on the field over many seasons are not words, inferences, rumours, suspicions: THEY ARE DEEDS, FACTS. HISTORY. They cannot be taken away, erased or minimised !
All you dismissive posters : How many tries have YOU scored for Manly 1st grade ? Likely zero. Snake 165 . . .

His actions on the field over many seasons are not words, inferences, rumours, suspicions: THEY ARE DEEDS, FACTS. HISTORY. They cannot be taken away, erased or minimised !
All you dismissive posters : How many tries have YOU scored for Manly 1st grade ? Likely zero. Snake 165 . . .
No one is trying to take anything away from him! He is past his used by date, therefore requires replacement. We have already suffered 18 months of his rapid form drop, isn't that sufficient proof he is passed occupying the custodian role for Manly.

Last edited:
No one is trying to take anything away from him! He has used his used by date, therefore requires replacement. We have already suffered 18 months of his rapid form drop, isn't that sufficient proof he is passed occupying the custodian role for Manly.

The same guys that are disrespecting our champion Brett Stewart at the same time endorsing the signings of Lewis Brown and Nate Myles

Enough said really

Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai should of been moved on 2014 to allow Turbo,Hiku and gutter son to step in.

Toovey failed to take the big steps ( tough calls ) but at least the boys were shown respect for their sacrifices and service and rewarded contracts towards the end of their careers.

I do not agree that snake/Matai/Lyon were offered contracts beyond 2014, considering the juniors we had in waiting.

But there is no way we should be kicking the boys in the guts on their way out.

Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai should of been moved on 2014 to allow Turbo,Hiku and gutter son to step in.

Toovey failed to take the big steps ( tough calls ) but at least the boys were shown respect for their sacrifices and service and rewarded contracts towards the end of their careers.

I do not agree that snake/Matai/Lyon were offered contracts beyond 2014, considering the juniors we had in waiting.

But there is no way we should be kicking the boys in the guts on their way out.
That's a bit more balanced! I agree. But not all here are kicking them in the guts. Some are disappointed in Brett's "efforts" or lack thereof, which I feel is plausible and validated somewhat. It has been punishing to watch at times

Manly champion :) he has earnt the right to a bad season
No champion is bigger than our club and no champion has a right to drag them selves down and the club down to a bad season .
imagesRGLFD8C9.jpg

Brett destroyed any legacy he had coming over the last two seasons. That had everything to do with his attitude on the field. Not his injuries. I'll be happy if he never pulls on a Manly jersey again.

Fair enough last year was not the best but 2015 he scored 16 tries in 22 games....

I would imagine snakes "lack of effort " was due to hammy/knee injuries

Are people on here claiming he was tanking ?

I wonder if the Storm supporters are saying all the same things about off loading slater as some are with Snake. Billy would take up a bigger slice of their cap, has broken down and missed two entire seasons in a row, he's a bigger medical risk next year then Snake.

Yet Munster or Billy will line up at 6 the other at 1 and very little is being made of it.

We are in the exactly the same boat, and all we hear is he is old and busted, the media are saying when will bozo sought out his big issue Brett, drop him like a sack of potoatoes.

Loyalty our club looks pretty ordinary in the loyalty department alongside the other.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8