Brett on 9 News

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mybludog

Reserve Grader
Still looks like he's carrying the world on his shoulders.......but it was good to see them both laugh

Is it Gus doing the interview on the footie show  as i just watched Danny the man interviewing Stewart on nine news ?

The questions were how to do feel
What was one word to describe how you felt in the low times?
Has this taken a fair toll on your family?
Ask Jamie did she always consider Brett innocent and has this made your relationship stronger ?

One questions i didn't like was how to feel towards the girl- Brett answered he feels a but sorry for the girl  and felt angry as well towards her- then Danny w asked its that all or something like that- wanted Brett to say something out of line but he keep his cool

Please say Gus is doing the interview as i cant stand Danny doing the interview if for that short moment  

I'm fairly sure Gould will do the Footy Show interview, just saw an ad for it and even though Brett's wearing the same shirt, the setting is different.

Weedler was probably just the 9 news exclusive

eggson link said:
I'm fairly sure Gould will do the Footy Show interview, just saw an ad for it and even though Brett's wearing the same shirt, the setting is different.

Weedler was probably just the 9 news exclusive

I hope so

Yes they said it was Gus on the news (or at least I am sure that is what they said) - have had a skin full so may be wrong

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8096368/brett-stewart-feels-sorry-for-accuser

Rugby league star Brett Stewart has said he feels sorry for the teenage girl who accused him of sexual assault, less than a day after being found not guilty for the crime.

The Manly Sea Eagles fullback said the 18 months between the accusation and his acquittal on Wednesday were filled with a sense of emptiness.

But despite the anger and frustration that came with the court case, Stewart said in an exclusive interview with Nine News that he felt sorry for the 17-year-old who accused him.

Watch the NRL Footy Show tonight on Nine at 9.30pm (AEST) for more with Brett Stewart.

"I feel a little bit sorry for the girl actually," he said.

"She's obviously got some mental issues and had them for a while, so yeah, just feel a bit sorry for her."

Stewart said a majority of people decided he was guilty after the allegation of sexual assault was made.

"Some of the stuff that was published through the media — I don't know where they got it from and I can't blame the public for forming an opinion on what the media write or what they said," he said.

"Around Manly it was all right — they stayed loyal there.

"Anywhere else seems to hate us, so it was no different."

Stewart, 25, had pleaded not guilty to one charge of sexual assault and two charges of indecent assault related to allegations made by the teen.

The girl alleged he cornered her, tongue-kissed her and digitally penetrated her against her wishes outside his north Manly townhouse complex on March 6, 2009.

Stewart had counter-claimed that the girl, who had been outside the complex having a cigarette, made advances toward him after he arrived home in a taxi from the Sea Eagles' 2009 season launch.

She admitted to having been diagnosed with a mental illness, the details of which cannot be disclosed due to a court order prohibiting publication.

After a 10-day trial, it took the panel of five women and seven men less than two hours to reach unanimous verdicts finding Stewart not guilty.

poor bloke looks so depressed.

I hope he can get out of it.. its really gotten him down even though hes free now.

Going to take a few months at least.

I like this statement;

"Around Manly it was all right — they stayed loyal there.

I've talked to Brett a few times since it all began and while inside he's probably been doing it real tuff, on the outside he's been pretty positive.

Once all the commotion has died down and things get back to normal i think he'll come around pretty quick.

Best thing will be to get back into training with the boys......and the First Home Game next year

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
video is here -> http://news.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx
Unbelievable. After watching that I'm very glad he's going public, the full extent of the injustice he's suffered is only now starting to be told. It clearly needs to be told. My opinion of this bloke's character rises each day as more comes out.

I'm glad he mentioned the media, though to be fair i know a lot of people from other teams who wished him well and gave support.  No mistake though, there were plenty upon plenty who were just like the journos in their views

He can get back to being better than he was? Jezuz. I loved the sound of that guys n gals.

Footy Show interview is here:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx

Jethro link said:
Footy Show interview is here:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx

Thanks for that. Just watched the replay. Wow crikey he sure looks really down and tense. Hard to imagine what he went through these last 18 months. Still I'm confident he'll make a big impact when he comes back next season.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6